Slow gradual Stop
608 4 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mr.jipi_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

Coming from the 3DR Solo drone, I am new to the DJI world with my Mavic 2 Pro.

I’m trying to achieve the following for a specific shoot:

My mission from beginning to end is roughly a 2 km course, deep in nature, that ends with a complet stop. I’m trying to achieve this in 4min, all in a smooth (cinematic) single sequence for a Music Video. In the best scenario, there are 4 different angles/shot I would need to get smoothly in the same sequence in between Start and Finish.

Because it is very hard to achieve a flawless 4 min flight over 2 km flawlessly (for me at least), I was hoping to use the Waypoint's mode. It does 90% of the job but as you know, the transition are not very smooth. My biggest issue with it for this project has been the rough “stop” (brakes) at the end… I need the camera to very smoothly stop and stay still (hoover) for 30 seconds at the end of the music video. And with Waypoint, It is not a smooth stop like you can achieve manually or with the Cinematic mode.

- Is there any way to make the stops in Waypoint smoother? I could settle for a single A to B waypoint, without anything in between, if the end stop would be smooth. 

- Would it be possible to have the Waypoint system handle the first parts of the flight and then switch to manual mode SEEMLESSLY so I can do the braking part smoothly manually?

- Would Litchi allow me to achieve a smoother waypoint experience or at least a single point A to point B with a very smooth stop?

- Tripod mode could really help me but it is way to slow for the timing I need to get over such a long distance. Is there any way to raise the Tripod mode speed? Otherwise, is there a way to cap the overall Drone’s speed to 15km/h for example (like we can cap the altitude and range)? This would make it much easier for me to fly manually and achieve a perfect smooth fly from start to finish.
-

Thank you very much for your support.
2020-5-3
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

Have you looked for DJI GS Pro app ? Maybe you can find answers for your questions in that app. You can create missions for your aircraft and the aircraft can do those missions as they have planed  
2020-5-5
Use props
mr.jipi_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

Eralp SAYGIN Posted at 5-5 12:04
Have you looked for DJI GS Pro app ? Maybe you can find answers for your questions in that app. You can create missions for your aircraft and the aircraft can do those missions as they have planed

Is it better than Litchi ?
2020-5-15
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

If there are only 4 distinct shots you need, just do the flight manually and see how it looks.
Might take a couple of "takes" tho...
2020-5-15
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

mr.jipi_ Posted at 5-15 07:25
Is it better than Litchi ?

I think official app is better
2020-5-16
Use props