1602 7 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never kept my batteries outside in the winter or summer. Always inside, with normal ambient temps. The batteries drain very quickly for some reason and I don't know why. These are very expensive batteries and shouldn't start to fail just over a year, no? And I seriously doubt I have 100 hours on my drone. I rarely use it! Is there some kind of conditioner that I can do to bring the batteries back to their normal drain times or something?
2020-5-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks like your flying the original Mavic Pro so yes. In the settings
you can choose from 1-10 days to start the discharge.
2020-5-4
Use props
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 5-4 06:19
looks like your flying the original Mavic Pro so yes. In the settings
you can choose from 1-10 days to start the discharge.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro. Where are those settings for the battery? I usually just stick them on the charger and there it goes.
2020-5-4
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you wait to fly a battery after it's been sitting for 5, 6 , 7 days....then it has started a self discharge.

Just because all the lights come on when you push the button DOES NOT MEAN a full charge.    Charge your batteries the day of flying, or the night before.....then tell us how long they last.  You should be flying safely for at least 20 min per battery.....

Randy
2020-5-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dygme Posted at 5-4 19:21
I have the Mavic 2 Pro. Where are those settings for the battery? I usually just stick them on the charger and there it goes.

My bad. With the Mavic Pro 2 there's no way to do this.
2020-5-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Thats what happens to LiPos especially if stored charged and so on.  They're only covered for 6 months as consumables. After a year you'd expect a noticeable drop in capacity.
2020-5-4
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To cycle your battery:

Setup to fly close and low.    Fly until you get the 10% auto landing.   Then hold the throttle up to keep it in the air......fly to 4-5% then land ( some say go to ZERO )   land and pull the battery, set aside and let cool.   Do this with all your batteries.

THEN,  charge 1 battery to a full charge....once done, charge your other batteries up to about 40% if you plan to store for a week or 5.

Go fly the fully charged battery so you can see if this process helps.

Randy
2020-5-8
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any luck with cycling your batteries as described??

Randy
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules