Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 3 grudges & wishes for Osmo Mobile 4
631 0 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 889423 ft
United States

First of all, let's just make it clear that I think the Osmo Mobile 3 is a great gimbal. Not only does it have great features like ActiveTrack 3.0 and Hyperlapses, but it's also really reliable. Many people underestimate the reliability of this gimbal. I mean, it just works. It's been dropped, abused, and rained on (like with heavy rain, although I don't suggest you test that out!) while I was using it many times! It still works as if it was new, and I wouldn't be surprised if it continued working for 5-10 years. By the way, I've had it since it was released, so that tells you how long I've had it for.
With that being said, it still has some issues that I wish they would fix. I also have some wishes that they could implement for the Osmo Mobile 4.

Complaints about Osmo Mobile 3:
- Lack of a LOG profile in DJI Mimo. I mainly use Filmic Pro because of the LogV2 color profile because it makes a huge difference in dynamic range. It gives me 2.5 extra stops! I wish DJI implemented this in the Mimo app. Alternatively, they could make the Osmo's features compatible with Filmic Pro (zoom slider, ActiveTrack, switch cameras, etc.)
- Lack of 100mbps 4k30/4k60 in the app. Again, Filmic has this feature, but literally none of the functions of the gimbal are compatible with Filmic Pro! It just makes it such a pain. I understand the need for simplicity, but some of us want the same pro features we get in other apps. I don't care if it's a paid upgrade, we want the pro features!
- No stereo audio in app. It's not that important, but it would be nice to have.
- Lockable ISO and shutter speed would be nice. If I have ND filters on my phone, I want to be able to lock the shutter speed to 1/48 while the ISO is on auto.
- Panning time-lapses!

Wishes for the Osmo Mobile 4:
- Control of ISO and shutter speed straight from buttons on the gimbal. A simple clickable wheel like on the Phantom 4 controller would make usability so much better in manual mode.
- A sport mode ActiveTrack for when the subject is moving quickly (for faster reactions)
- A little slider (like on the Mavic Air 2 controller) to set the different gimbal modes (Follow, FPV, Tilt Locked, SpinShot)
- A magnetic tripod for quicker attachment (anything to reduce setup time at this point). An extendable tripod would be even better. I don't know how many times I found that my tripod was too low to get the right framing.
- Waterproofing

I seriously hope the DJI team takes this feedback into consideration to improve upon their current products and hopefully make better ones in the future. I would love to see some of these implemented, so I hope that it does happen in the future! Take from it what you will!

2020-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules