Phantom 4 crash
680 6 2020-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TractorJen
lvl.1

United States

Yesterday I was flying my drone over an abandoned rail bridge. I had flown its length once, returned and went out again. I had good line of site and was planning my next move when I heard the controller say atti mode. What!? Ok hands off the stick to hover and access the situation. The drone is flying in a large circle. I'm watching it spin on the screen, spin in the sky, try to regain control, return to home, anything. Then it says disconnected. We can still see it spinning. I'm telling my husband, if it disconnects from the controller it should stop and hover. I'm walking through the desert to see if I can get closer and reconnect. Husband is watching the drone still while I try to avoid snakes. It disappears from site, still spinning. It was over a river. Most likely went in. The last GPS data is not an accurate representation of the last line of site, since it crossed over the bridge while we watched it.

I'm still in shock. Not sure if it was a GPS error or lost a motor. The last error message said motor idling or lost prop, but that occurred way after to went out of control. Don't know if the g forces broke a prop or if that was the problem. I had done a thorough prop inspection after the last time I flew the drone. Phantom 4 Crash video and flight log

Any insights?

Also recommendations for replacement? I have another P4 right now. I like their stability in the wind. I like to do farm harvest videos and we travel. 4k isn't important because this is just a hobby. Thought about getting a mini for short quick videos, but still have my p4 for more serious stuff. Also considering Mavic Air 2.

2020-5-4
Use props
TractorJen
lvl.1

United States

https://youtu.be/xGbdeOqLYv4
2020-5-4
Use props
TractorJen
lvl.1

United States

First time posting and from my phone. I see I posted I in the wrong forum and my link goes to the p4 rather than my video. I cant figure out how to delete or edit this post.
2020-5-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-5-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

TractorJen Posted at 5-4 08:19
First time posting and from my phone. I see I posted I in the wrong forum and my link goes to the p4 rather than my video. I cant figure out how to delete or edit this post.

No Problem , Done Welcome Tractorjen
2020-5-4
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

something seems to be hitting the apparatus or a loss of propeller
2020-5-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure if it was a GPS error or lost a motor.
It had nothing to do with GPS.
Your Phantom lost a prop or a motor.

if it disconnects from the controller it should stop and hover.

That's not possible with only three motors.
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules