Greece

Hello DJI Will there be a waypoints mode in normal flight? No Hyperlapse mode

2020-5-4
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hi, its already been answered in other topics... the answer is no.., sadly.  
2020-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Niknik, currently, Waypoint is not available for Mavic Air 2 in normal mode, your feedback will be transferred to our engineers for attention, we cannot guarantee but we always listen to customers' voice. Please stay tuned to latest news on DJI website.
2020-5-4
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Although it doesn't yet support MA2, I'm sure Litchi will in the future.  Their waypoint missions are second to none.
2020-5-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

BKahuna Posted at 5-5 12:33
Although it doesn't yet support MA2, I'm sure Litchi will in the future.  Their waypoint missions are second to none.

Litchi's hands are tied until DJI releases an SDK for the Mavic Air 2 and DJI has yet to release an SDK for the Mavic Mini.

Don't hold your breath waiting for waypoints from Litchi.
2020-5-5
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

The more people who speak up here about adding this mode to the Air2 the greater the slim chance it might happen.
2020-5-5
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Northwood Posted at 5-5 13:36
The more people who speak up here about adding this mode to the Air2 the greater the slim chance it might happen.

I never have had the Mavic Air, but apparently it did have waypoints and then DJI took it away and Litchi enable waypoints for the MA. The response from DJI in this DroneDJ article (https://dronedj.com/2018/04/24/w ... possible-by-litchi/ ) makes it sound like Waypoint 2.0 is a long shot.

In a written response to DroneDJ, DJI had said that:

“In regards to Waypoints. Currently, the Mavic Air does not feature the WayPoints mode. Based on user feedback, we decided to omit this feature for a few reasons, the main one being that Waypoints was not used as frequently as many of the other modes. Removing it allowed for additional functionality while streamlining the overall experience operating the Mavic Air. However, we will continue to listen to our customers and if the request for Waypoints increases, we have the ability to enable it via a firmware update.“

Not sure if pertering DJI to add waypoints to the MA2 will succeed, but it can't hurt I guess.

Hey DJI I vote to add Waypoint 2.0 to the FLY app for MA2. At the very least please expedite getting the SDK to Litchi so that they can then add the Mavic Air 2 to the compatibility list.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_qJ2Nel9tl9Gk
lvl.2

United States

i  would absolutely use waypoints if it were available for the MA2
2020-5-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pappy3 Posted at 5-5 20:52
I never have had the Mavic Air, but apparently it did have waypoints and then DJI took it away and Litchi enable waypoints for the MA. The response from DJI in this DroneDJ article (https://dronedj.com/2018/04/24/waypoints-are-finally-available-on-the-dji-mavic-air-made-possible-by-litchi/ ) makes it sound like Waypoint 2.0 is a long shot.

It never had waypoints and dji never took them away, but released SDK fairly soon and litchi was available, but with such short time battery it was limited.
2020-5-6
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

Please add my vote to request WAYPOINTS mode for Mavic Air 2 in DJI Fly app. The increased flight time of this sUAS would make this a very useful feature for many of us! I feel this is the most essential and desirable feature this new aircraft is lacking.  Please indicate your interest and agreement here. Let’s keep this thread up top so hopefully it holds the developers’ attention.
2020-5-11
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's another vote for Waypoints for the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-12
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 5-5 20:52
I never have had the Mavic Air, but apparently it did have waypoints and then DJI took it away and Litchi enable waypoints for the MA. The response from DJI in this DroneDJ article (https://dronedj.com/2018/04/24/waypoints-are-finally-available-on-the-dji-mavic-air-made-possible-by-litchi/ ) makes it sound like Waypoint 2.0 is a long shot.

I almost solely use my drones with Litchi for Waypoints. Please make the SDK available ASAP!  And/Or, make Waypoints 2.0 available on the Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_eVGVal6bjklT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24941 ft
United States

Yes for Waypoints and the ability to save the waypoint routes.
2020-5-12
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

djiuser_eVGVal6bjklT Posted at 5-12 08:35
Yes for Waypoints and the ability to save the waypoint routes.

We should also be able to save Hyperlapse waypoints so you can refly the same route (as is shown in some DJI videos that feature day/night versions of the same hyperlapse).
2020-5-12
Use props
GoombaTip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116539 ft
United States

Another vote for adding waypoints here.
2020-5-12
Use props
matthmu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98346 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Really? No more waypoint mode? WHY? I can't believe it, r u kidding me?
2020-5-12
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

K9JDN Posted at 5-12 07:45

Waypoints are a great feature on a drone. I used that mode quite often when I had a Parrot Bebop 2. The increased flight time capability of the Air 2 is just begging to have a Waypoints mode. Please DJI make Waypoints happen!
2020-5-12
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Add my Philippine vote to waypoints.  
2020-5-12
Use props
jostran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 616027 ft
United States

Waypoints is a must!  I didn't realize the MA2 wouldn't have this feature.  Its almost a dealbreaker form me.  Total bummer.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_ijOKOTjEDwih
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351260 ft
United States

Add me as another MA2 owner desperately wanting waypoints.

DJI came to the conclusion that the Waypoints was a feature that wasn’t used? You guys may want to re-evaluate that. The worst part of the the new Fly app drones is that they don’t have this feature..

Waypoints is a feature that nobody used? Interesting,.. People I’m pretty sure people essentially pay $30 to have it as an alacarte feature. It’s basically what Litchi is for.. Might want to check out those download stats...

Put it back!!!
2020-5-16
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I would rather DJI speed up the release of SDK so that Litchi can then support the MA2 with waypoints. I prefer setting up waypoints in the Mission Hub on a PC versus within a DJI app.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_qJ2Nel9tl9Gk
lvl.2

United States

Another vote here, Please add support (BOTH) Waypoints and the SDK for the MA2!
2020-5-16
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jostran Posted at 5-16 13:09
Waypoints is a must!  I didn't realize the MA2 wouldn't have this feature.  Its almost a dealbreaker form me.  Total bummer.

after buying mavic air you fell for it again lol
doesn't seem to be a dealbreaker to you.
2020-5-16
Use props
Chilebb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146962 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I was shocked by no way points in normal mode since I purchased MA2, I have the feeling of being cheated by the salesman in DJI shore. Oh, I was misled that way points here but for time lapsed mode only. So sad.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_PxiFSWYd2g86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

Waypoints were advertised as a function of MA2. So I bought it. Sadly I discovered that waypoints are not waypoints in the real sense. So the drone is going back to Amazon. I will re-buy it when/if DJI will release this so basic/easy function for a good but incomplete drone.
2020-5-18
Use props
Naidu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17792 ft
United States

1+ Way points need to be implemented.
2020-5-18
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I received this from DJI a week ago.  It's pretty vague on the timing but at least shows that there is progress toward an SDK.

We are transitioning towards an upcoming major version of UX SDK, version 5.0, which is open source, modular and customizable. Support for new products will come to UX SDK version 5 in future releases. You can find the new iOS UXSDK version 5 beta 2 and Android UX SDK version 5 beta 3 on Github. We look forward to all of your feedback and pull requests.
2020-5-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please Dji add way points to this brilliant machine.
2020-5-18
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

2020-5-18
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I received this from Litchi Support today in regards to SDK for Mavic Air 2:

DJI has said they will add support for the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 in a future SDK update. This update is required for Litchi to support these drones. For the Mini, DJI is aiming to release support in the middle of 2020, and the Mavic Air 2 support will come after that. At the moment we don't have details on which feature will be supported.
2020-5-18
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

no waypoints, is like no joysticks.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Delta Nine Posted at 5-18 15:36
no waypoints, is like no joysticks.

I think if you learn to fly you’ll have a lot less use for waypoints. So less waypoints better stick control .
2020-5-18
Use props
tirpoverzero
lvl.2
United States

Oh no!  I just received my MA2, and I'm super disappointed that waypoints are only supported for hyperlapse mode.  Please allow us to use waypoints without being tied to any particular video mode!  This feels like it's being left out as a marketing ploy to get us to buy Pro models, even though the drone and app could support this cleanly and easily.  Please don't insult your customers who prefer the smaller form factor of the Air2!
2020-5-18
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:46
I think if you learn to fly you’ll have a lot less use for waypoints. So less waypoints better stick control .

You gotta see the bird to fly it
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Delta Nine Posted at 5-18 16:01
You gotta see the bird to fly it

I think it’s a lot more important to see what your videoing, isn’t that why you program the waypoints.
2020-5-18
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 16:04
I think it’s a lot more important to see what your videoing, isn’t that why you program the waypoints.

No i just hope for the best, whatever it films, its smooth gimbal action.
2020-5-18
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 16:04

My greatest enjoyment is programming a mission and allowing the drone to execute.  But everyone is different.   Until the SDK is released I’ll be trying to improve my manual flying ability.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mitch_111 Posted at 5-18 18:19
My greatest enjoyment is programming a mission and allowing the drone to execute.  But everyone is different.   Until the SDK is released I’ll be trying to improve my manual flying ability.

I’ve done it often myself, but I have found that it’s possible to get even better moves flying manually and more control over the drone, you may have to have a few takes at it but it’s very pleasing to fly well manually.
2020-5-19
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 00:57
I’ve done it often myself, but I have found that it’s possible to get even better moves flying manually and more control over the drone, you may have to have a few takes at it but it’s very pleasing to fly well manually.

While I understand manual-flyers perfectly, because yes, it's a more real feeling, there are many situations where you need a true waypoints function. And logically, nobody asked to replace any free flight mode with autonomous-only.
Let me give you an example. Today I make two so-called live 360 degree panoramas. This means I make several 360 panos (sunrise, morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night) from the same place. In order to show seamlessly, all panos have to be from the VERY same spot, ideally with the same heading (or else you need to make a lot of adjustments in the image manually). My problem is that I am not sure that I am on the very same spot each time. I cannot make a vertical takeoff at that spot, so I approximate on the map and then with the gimbal looking down, hoping that it's the same spot. But in the end, the differences will surely be visible.
Second case: I make videos of systems I install on roofs. Often I am the only one there. I'm the pilot, I'm the cast. While some video modes like the follow me might be ok for some cases, last week I was on the roof of a silo which was 100m away from a nice river. My idea of video was that the drone starts flying from 1.5m above the water, goes along the water for 50m, rises, turns around the building I am on, then follows the track of the system I installed and films me while using it. Good luck doing all this with a Mavic Air 2 if you are alone.
The arguments that it's not a pro drone will not convince me. It has the capabilities to do it, and it's not something complicated, as even the cheap Spark is able to do it. Nor the argument that "users were not interested". Put a button to switch between basic and advanced functions. Users who want only basic features should be able to have a light app without 1000 buttons and functions (like DJI Fly is today). Users who want additional functions and unlock the advanced mode should be able to access those functions and have 1000 buttons and functions.
2020-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Michaelpop84 Posted at 5-28 22:17
While I understand manual-flyers perfectly, because yes, it's a more real feeling, there are many situations where you need a true waypoints function. And logically, nobody asked to replace any free flight mode with autonomous-only.
Let me give you an example. Today I make two so-called live 360 degree panoramas. This means I make several 360 panos (sunrise, morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night) from the same place. In order to show seamlessly, all panos have to be from the VERY same spot, ideally with the same heading (or else you need to make a lot of adjustments in the image manually). My problem is that I am not sure that I am on the very same spot each time. I cannot make a vertical takeoff at that spot, so I approximate on the map and then with the gimbal looking down, hoping that it's the same spot. But in the end, the differences will surely be visible.
Second case: I make videos of systems I install on roofs. Often I am the only one there. I'm the pilot, I'm the cast. While some video modes like the follow me might be ok for some cases, last week I was on the roof of a silo which was 100m away from a nice river. My idea of video was that the drone starts flying from 1.5m above the water, goes along the water for 50m, rises, turns around the building I am on, then follows the track of the system I installed and films me while using it. Good luck doing all this with a Mavic Air 2 if you are alone.

If you need waypoints off the bat you should have bought M2, for Air2 you are going to have to wait, so it’s really how important is WP to you if you need now you bought the wrong drone. I think maybe 3/6 months SDK will be released and third party apps will become available, and once you’re ok with that it should happen.
Incidentally Spark does not have waypoints .
2020-5-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules