Mavic Mini did well in "Photo" Comparison with Air 2
1254 10 2020-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Found this review comparing Mini with Air 2. Looks like it can't compete with video but with stills there isn't much difference at all.

2020-5-4
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Lol, poor little mini in the wind test.
2020-5-4
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's one way to do a wind test.
2020-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found the camera to be a little bit too sharp by default.  Its easy to sharpen in post, not as easy to soften for smoother video.
2020-5-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

i wouldn't say it did that "well", it is not even close to 48mp raw quality...only that blows it away.
2020-5-5
Use props
flyRaoul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
Germany

Yep..and too sharpened jpeg photos could be fixed with RAW too. Let's just all hope we get this soon!
Especially photos are too much sharpened for me in my opinion as a photographer.
2020-5-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

flyRaoul Posted at 5-5 02:34
Yep..and too sharpened jpeg photos could be fixed with RAW too. Let's just all hope we get this soon!
Especially photos are too much sharpened for me in my opinion as a photographer.

you won't get that with the mini, they won't do it. they want to sell you the mavic air 2....which given the weight, the missing new EU requirements markings and some hardware differences compared to the north american version is kind of putting me off at the moment.
2020-5-5
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

sbonev Posted at 5-5 02:10
i wouldn't say it did that "well", it is not even close to 48mp raw quality...only that blows it away.

When he did the 600% comparison using the max 48mb image feature of the Air 2 there was not a huge difference in base image quality, I'll grant Air 2 was slightly better but not by much. Would be really interesting to compare RAW performance of Mini if it existed.  Pro 2 was a really interesting result.

2020-5-5
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-5 03:36
When he did the 600% comparison using the max 48mb image feature of the Air 2 there was not a huge difference in base image quality, I'll grant Air 2 was slightly better but not by much. Would be really interesting to compare RAW performance of Mini if it existed.  Pro 2 was a really interesting result.

[view_image]

Obviously, something was wrong with how he shot the PRO 2. Even the mini looked better than a Pro 2, but that is not the case really.
2020-5-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Bussty Posted at 5-5 03:36

[view_image]

true but this was made with jpeg, i am sure with raw there should be more differences. And the mini will never get raw so i doubt we will see such comparisons unfortunately....and in any way with bright light the half inch sensor and 48 mp will win anytime, i don't doubt that. Same goes for the 1 inch sensor and lower light situations where it has clear advantage...
2020-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, it looks like the M2A is rather good if you don't do a lot of post processing!
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules