How to Prevent Bird Attacks
8176 42 2020-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martyzion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

I put an Ulanzi drone strobe on my Spark and it seems to keep the birds at bay.
2020-9-8
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

samgab77 Posted at 8-10 00:15
Seagulls totally ruined my flights today. I wanted to try out the new features on the Mavic Air 2, but the gulls were very aggressive, and attacked in gangs whenever I took off. I was trying to stay away from them, but they were really coming in and attacking it. No actual contact because as soon as they got close I'd fly away as fast as I could and come in and land, thus ruining my day. Couldn't get anything done.  After I got home, I did some research online, and found that gulls usually fly only up to 50 ft, with about 120ft the max altitude. I don't know if that's accurate or not, but if true, then any time I have gull trouble, I'll do all my flying at 200'-400', and that should mitigate the problem, except when coming in to land. I was afraid to go up that high with the gulls attacking today as I thought they'd follow it up there and if they knocked it down it would be totally ruined. But I was over the ocean anyway, so at any altitude a crash would be fatal to the drone...

I'm interested to know if the bright colouring works, and if so, which colour deters them best. I can get fluro orange, fluro green, or fluro yellow from decalgirl, or I think there's a sort of wasp pattern one. I wonder if anyone has done any actual research on this?

Yeah if anyone tried something like this, that would help a lot
2020-9-8
Use props
Theta Skies
lvl.1
Japan

Great tip! Thanks... I was actually worried about this a few times especially  when I saw a few eagles seemingly feeling alert by another presence in their air space...
I did get drone down and outta there as fast as possible!  *)
I think I was more concerned of injuring one of the birds if it attacked than I was the drone.
2020-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules