A Series of Unfortunate Events
748 3 2020-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darren The King
lvl.1
United States

I have been a long time customer of DJI.  I have owned every drone DJI has made.  I would like to stand by them as my vendor of choice,  however my patience is quickly running out.  My last purchase was the DJI Mavic Pro.  I have had multiple issues with a random message "Gimbal Overload"  the aircraft has never been crashed, dropped, gotten wet, or anything.  however when I first reported it 2 days after the manufactures warranty was expired I was told "I'm sorry your Aircraft is not covered any longer.  I was given some options for DJI Authorized service centers, to replace the Gimbal Ribbon.  $375.00 later i received my Mavic Pro back and was very excited to film video again,  however when i unpacked it, charged the batteries, and immediately after powering on, I heard the unmistakable clunking clunk as the gimbal tried to calibrate. and of course the same error pops up asking me to ensure the gimbal clamp has been removed.  i was almost physically ill.  upon calling the DJI recommended repair facility back i was told, that the Gimbal tape was not the issue, it was however a faulty Gimbal, and tha would need to be replaced.  

Keep in mind I am to be a guest photographer at a convention in Dubai and I need my Drone.  rather than wait until June 6th for the new Gimbal to come in, I opted to purchase yet another Drone from the DJI Website.  This time i bought the new DJI Mavic Air 2 (with Fly More Package).  i figured i purchased it in plenty of time for our Gala in Dubai.  however to my surprise this morning I was told by the online chat Agent "Sorry its first come First Serve"  you might get it before the 15th  i told her I was just going to cancel my order because I have to fly out this Friday. I was happy to pay for expedited shipping, bur once again she told me that "You are failing to understand"  First Come First Serve.  

I would truly hope that when DJI sees a client returning to do more business with them, and spending another $1000+ that there might be some sort of considerations made.  
Skydio is my next option.  im sorry i dont like the sounds of it, however im in a terrible bind, and hoping someone can assist a long time customer.

My whole point to to this post is that DJI is making an amazing amount of money from its consumer division I would hope that as they continue to grow, they would remember how they got to where they are,   and stand behind the product just a little bit.  2 days after my warranty expires im told basically im SOL

2020-5-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Darren, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Regarding the issue of your Mavic Pro, I have tried but unable to get your case number via your forum account, could you provide us with your case number for better assistance? We'll help to check the details and do our best to help you.
For the Mavic Air 2, I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, you are recommended to refer the estimated shipping time on DJI official web when you place the order (as the picture below shows). It will take about 7-10 business days to ship after payment confirmation, please wait patiently. We'll also help to push the related team to process the orders as earlier as possible. We appreciate your kind understanding.

2020-5-5
Use props
Darren The King
lvl.1
United States

I understand that. I truly do,  What im asking is if I can pay more money to you to ensure I have the device prior to my flight out of the country?
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Darren The King Posted at 5-6 08:26
I understand that. I truly do,  What im asking is if I can pay more money to you to ensure I have the device prior to my flight out of the country?

Hi Darren, I fully understand you, however, we apologize that the orders will be shipped out according to the payment sequence. Actually, it hasn't started the shipment overseas, there is an estimated shipping time on the product page which you may refer to. We will send you an email notification once it is shipped, appreciate your patience.
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules