754 5 2020-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost connection in Drone Deploy today at 800 ft out 200ft agl.....drone completed it's mission, then RTH......I closed DD and Opened GO4.....the bird flew all the back and never reconnected??  I could see the bird the entire time....but she flew the planned DD flight, landed on target....and never reconnected.

Anyone?

I have some testing to do........

Randy
2020-5-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DamiTT man....... All systems check out NORMAL except No Image Transmission Signal ...... I needed an update for some reason.....then did a gimbal cal..... again all systems normal.

Guess I'm taking a trip to Drones Made Easy the local DJI dealer.

Randy
2020-5-5
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

rwynant V1 hello ! I always fly my drones in plane mode in my mobile device ( Android) , so I can avoid unwanted and unnecessary internal processes while flying

i would try next time you fly ...
2020-5-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Randy, this is pretty much normal practice for Litchi. I have flown missions that are beyond the normal range of my aircraft, and it flies them, with the last waypoint being back over my starting point. Perhaps DD is the same.
2020-5-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The bird flew the plan as it should, and all images were on the SD Card.

The end of flight plan was in sight approx 900ft north of take off point.   2 rungs before the end, the "disconnected" showed up on screen.....I let it complete, then it started to HP....I closed DD and opened GO4.....still complete disconnect.....even on the ground 10ft in front of me.....AH, I did NOT shut down and reboot everything....HMM

It was 96 deg.....the flight plan was  12 min for 19 acres.   Got home and unloaded.   Sat for about an hour then fired everything up and it all connected.... and that's when I saw the NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL.

I looked online a bit ago, and it appears DJI repair services are CLOSED due to Covid 19.   So I imagine once they open back up, the backlog will be serious.

So there's not a mark on the bird.  I thought the ribbon cable maybe got hit by a large bug.....but nope.  Ribbon cable looks intact, unmarked.

Next step is to go through and check updates on DD,  GO4,  iPad, RC and AC     I bought new in January 2020 when they first released the latest batch........

Randy

2020-5-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well back to BASICS seems to have solved my issue!!

Updated iPad

Updated Drone Deploy....which had a new update pushed out May 4th MONDAY!!!!

Already updated GO4 automatically for last update.

Guess what?   I now have all systems GO including transmission signal.....I have an image on screen!   Still need to fly, but that's tomorrow early due to heat.

Randy
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules