Follow Me Mode Mavic MINI
6938 24 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vignesh Jr.
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hi , I am thinking to buy  a Mavic Mini , recenlty DJI Provided the 0.500 Update , its so cool but one thing i still waiting for one update. Follow Me Mode . If any one Know about Follow me Mode update In DJI Mavic Mini Let me know . Thank you guys .
2020-5-6
Use props
Vignesh Jr.
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Follow me Mode ?

#Follow_Me_Mode #Mavic_Mini ?
Is DJI Provide mavic Mini provide Follow Me Mode ?

2020-5-6
Use props
quemlar
lvl.1

Ireland

No which is the reason I didn't get it. I've been debating for weeks what drone to get for the same price as a Mavic Mini. It also doesn't have obstacle avoidance. I got a used Mavic Air instead.
2020-5-6
Use props
Vignesh Jr.
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

quemlar Posted at 5-6 00:36
No which is the reason I didn't get it. I've been debating for weeks what drone to get for the same price as a Mavic Mini. It also doesn't have obstacle avoidance. I got a used Mavic Air instead.

obviously mavic Air is a good choice . only problem is mavic Air is double the cost comapring tho mavic mini .
2020-5-6
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

The drone doesn't have the needed collision avoidance sensors. DJI is afraid if they introduce the feature they will have a lot of crashed drones on their hands.Is more a liability issue then a technical
2020-5-6
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately not.
2020-5-6
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many other also hoping.
2020-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly not,  but then this is a budget drone.
2020-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without the sensors its very unlikely that it will be added.
2020-5-6
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

flyingfun Posted at 5-6 00:54
The drone doesn't have the needed collision avoidance sensors. DJI is afraid if they introduce the feature they will have a lot of crashed drones on their hands.Is more a liability issue then a technical

But what if the follow mode only works from behind and the drone uses the cam for detection and just stops if there is sth in the way. Not even trying to bypass it.

"clear path follow me".
2020-5-6
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

They could add Spotlight which would be good
2020-5-6
Use props
Vignesh Jr.
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

#Follow_Me_Update Here

Can i expect for Follow Me Mode in Upcoming Update ?
Yes       Or         No  

2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No...... sorry..
2020-5-6
Use props
Vignesh Jr.
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

May i know the reason why ?
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Vignesh Jr. Posted at 5-6 04:15
May i know the reason why ?

I think follow me has caused more problems for dji than any other feature, and mostly because of the lack of gps in iOS devices, so many complaints directed at dji when problems were caused by iOS device. So for this reason I think it’s more bother than it’s worth to dji .
2020-5-6
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't understand what is the point to start three new topics with the same question (and while there are several other similar topics).
It is obvious that Mini is not going to get Follow me or Active Track mode. You either buy it knowing that or you can go for an alternative drone which offers such thing.
Keep asking through different topics is not going to change anything
2020-5-6
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

No kidding. Why are you spamming this thread with this idiotic question over and over? If you wanted follow me, why didn't you buy a Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air 2? Maybe you can sell your Mini on eBay and buy one of those.
2020-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not going to happen.
2020-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried the workaround -
2020-5-6
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 5-6 04:25
I think follow me has caused more problems for dji than any other feature, and mostly because of the lack of gps in iOS devices, so many complaints directed at dji when problems were caused by iOS device. So for this reason I think it’s more bother than it’s worth to dji .

There are iOS devices without GPS?
2020-5-6
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Save you money for an Air2 if 'follow' is important to you.  Without sensors front and back, the craft has nothing to "watch" you with.  
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No that’s not what I said, and I speak from experience of follow me and iOS gps, it’s almost impossible to get connected because of whatever pi#spoor gps they use. And that’s what I referred to.
2020-5-6
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Deucalion Posted at 5-6 05:00
No kidding. Why are you spamming this thread with this idiotic question over and over? If you wanted follow me, why didn't you buy a Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Air 2? Maybe you can sell your Mini on eBay and buy one of those.
Could it be because of the weight trick? ... 249 g. Let's be honest, DJI has screwed up not including this feature to MM. I own a P3 with follow me mode, and it is super useful, but for example I cannot use it while I ride my bike through the park in my city (understand, without having to ask for permits, licenses, etc ...)  with the MM if I could do it.
And regarding that it does not have any sensors, neither does my P3, but it use my head that before starting the task, it plans and keeps the drone safe. So far, no accidents with my P3 for using the follow me mode or the POI mode.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Maiv Mini doesn't support Follow Me mode, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, please stay tuned to the future update on DJI website.
2020-5-10
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

thE29 Posted at 5-6 06:35
There are iOS devices without GPS?

yes iPad with wifi only.
you need the LTE modem for that
2020-6-3