Cannot get photos that are in focus
3442 34 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnH2005
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130220 ft
United States

I have been doing some more flights with the Phantom 4 Pro v2 that we have and the photos are not coming in clear at all.  Everything is out of focus no matter what I do.  This was purchased to do flights with GSPro and the results are not acceptable.  I have tried using autofocus, that does not work.  I have tried manual focus set to infinite DOF and that does not work.  How do I get the drone/camera replaced or return it?  I cannot be without a drone for more than a couple of days at the most.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JohnH2005, we apologize for the troubles with the drone, what is the version of your iPad GS Pro? Does the same issue happen when using DJI Go 4? Only the image transmission out of focus or the original footage/pictures in the Micro SD card has the same problem? Could you please upload several original pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further analysis?
2020-5-6
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

I uninstalled it today and reinstalled it.  I did a flight afterwards and it is still doing the same thing.  So, whatever version is on the website right now is currently doing this.  

In DJI Go 4 most of the photos are pretty sharp.  When I do a manual fly around they can be very sharp but occasionally they will be soft as well.  But not nearly as often as with GS Pro.

Yes, the photos are soft and out of focus on the SD card.

I have posted several photos here on a different thread.  I will upload some more when I get to work and link them for you.  Thank you.
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 5-6 19:59
I uninstalled it today and reinstalled it.  I did a flight afterwards and it is still doing the same thing.  So, whatever version is on the website right now is currently doing this.  

In DJI Go 4 most of the photos are pretty sharp.  When I do a manual fly around they can be very sharp but occasionally they will be soft as well.  But not nearly as often as with GS Pro.

We will need the original pictures from SD card for further analysis, waiting for your update.
2020-5-7
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Here you go.
The App Version for DJI GS Pro is 2.0.11 (10123)

DJI Go 4 is 4.3.32
2020-5-7
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-7 00:55
We will need the original pictures from SD card for further analysis, waiting for your update.

I uploaded the photos last week.  Any help?
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 5-11 06:06
I uploaded the photos last week.  Any help?

Sorry for the late response, we have already forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will push the team to give feedback as soon as possible, sorry to keep you waiting.
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your patience, we've verified with our engineers, it is recommended to fly the drone in a certain altitude, then switch to camera preview,  tap the screen manually to focus, then switch to MF to take the picture, please see whether it helps.
2020-5-14
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 05:29
Thanks for your patience, we've verified with our engineers, it is recommended to fly the drone in a certain altitude, then switch to camera preview,  tap the screen manually to focus, then switch to MF to take the picture, please see whether it helps.

The drone is always flown at a certain altitude.  I have tried what you suggested and the photos just will not come into focus.
2020-5-14
Use props
Civilcop
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20105 ft
South Korea

the same thing is happening to me.  this is thought to be a problem with the App.
2020-5-25
Use props
Civilcop
lvl.1
South Korea

It doesn't work with manual switching.
2020-5-25
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Civilcop Posted at 5-25 18:35
the same thing is happening to me.  this is thought to be a problem with the App.

I sent mine in for repair, and they replaced the gimble and a gimble motor.  Not sure what to think about that...
2020-5-25
Use props
Civilcop
lvl.1
South Korea

JohnH2005 Posted at 5-25 19:01
I sent mine in for repair, and they replaced the gimble and a gimble motor.  Not sure what to think about that...

I changed the gimbal motor six months ago. This symptom is thought to be an app problem. When the fuselage boots, the camera image is overexposed, unable to find the focus, and the screen appears to have smudged as a whole.  Before the app update, there was no such problem and no impact or physical transmission. Also, the AE of the camera is not fixed or fixed, and the filming button is disabled.
2020-5-25
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Still have the same issue.  I would say on average about ~85% of the photos are out of focus.  No way to get them to focus.  Was without the drone for quite a while and lost quite a bit of money during that time.  I paid $300 to rent a drone for a job I could not postpone.  
2020-6-17
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Here are some perfect examples.  This is inside of our office

This one is set to 1/1000 shutter priority:

The second one is fully auto:

Third one is with my phone on auto:
2020-6-17
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

The P4 is a 20MP camera, the other is a 12MP camera.  Now for those of you that might say the lighting is the problem:

2020-6-17
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

In case you think it might be the lighting:

2020-6-17
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

I am still having this issue.  Even with it on the ground as shown in pictures.  I need help, or I need a replacement drone.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 6-18 06:30
I am still having this issue.  Even with it on the ground as shown in pictures.  I need help, or I need a replacement drone.

Sorry for the late response, I will forward to our engineers to double review and keep you updated soon.
2020-6-18
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-18 06:42
Sorry for the late response, I will forward to our engineers to double review and keep you updated soon.

So, I go back out today and now not only am I NOT getting photos that are in focus, I am not getting super over exposed photos despite it being on auto exposure.

2020-6-22
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-18 06:42

2020-6-22
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

My client will be super happy to see these.  They did NOT look like on the GSPro app as I was watching it fly and watching the photos it took.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 6-22 10:38
My client will be super happy to see these.  They did NOT look like on the GSPro app as I was watching it fly and watching the photos it took.

Hi JohnH2005, we've got an update from our engineers that if the pictures via DJI Go 4 doesn't have this problem, there is no problem with the drone's camera. GS Pro can only manually focus if you would like sharp images, and it depends on whether customer operates it properly.
Please fly the drone in the air, press the Pause button in the RC (not the APP) to stop the mission, then focus manually, press the Pause button again to continue.
2020-6-23
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-23 05:37
Hi JohnH2005, we've got an update from our engineers that if the pictures via DJI Go 4 doesn't have this problem, there is no problem with the drone's camera. GS Pro can only manually focus if you would like sharp images, and it depends on whether customer operates it properly.
Please fly the drone in the air, press the Pause button in the RC (not the APP) to stop the mission, then focus manually, press the Pause button again to continue.

Those out of focus photos are from DJI Go 4 app.
2020-6-23
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Hi JohnH2005, we've got an update from our engineers that if the pictures via DJI Go 4 doesn't have this problem, there is no problem with the drone's camera. GS Pro can only manually focus if you would like sharp images, and it depends on whether customer operates it properly.

The pictures that I uploaded above are from the DJI GO 4 app.  I am not sure how or why your "engineers" find that those are acceptable but they are NOT.  There is even a comparison side by side with a 12 MP photo from a phone shot at the same time, same lighting same everything and the quality difference is HUGE.  Seriously, this needs to be addressed and addressed now, not another week from now.
2020-6-23
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Hi JohnH2005, we've got an update from our engineers that if the pictures via DJI Go 4 doesn't have this problem, there is no problem with the drone's camera. GS Pro can only manually focus if you would like sharp images, and it depends on whether customer operates it properly.

As a side note, the videos are very grainy as well.    
2020-6-23
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

So I guess installing a new camera has magically taught me how to take photos.

So, I guess you guys want me to buy an $800 camera and put in my $1800 drone that is less than a few months old because you cannot honor your warranty?
2020-6-24
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

So, it has been another week without an answer.  At this rate the warranty will expire and you guys won't have to do anything about it.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 6-29 05:13
So, it has been another week without an answer.  At this rate the warranty will expire and you guys won't have to do anything about it.

Sorry that I was off in the past few days. If the issue persists in DJI Go 4 as well, it is recommended to send back the drone to DJI repair center for further diagnosis, our repair center will help evaluate the problem. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-6-30
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-30 03:13
Sorry that I was off in the past few days. If the issue persists in DJI Go 4 as well, it is recommended to send back the drone to DJI repair center for further diagnosis, our repair center will help evaluate the problem. Please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

It was already sent out to the repair center and came back with the exact same problem it left with except I lost a client and had to pay $300 to rent a drone for a job I could not miss.  What do you think will be different this time besides me losing more money?
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnH2005 Posted at 7-1 13:38
It was already sent out to the repair center and came back with the exact same problem it left with except I lost a client and had to pay $300 to rent a drone for a job I could not miss.  What do you think will be different this time besides me losing more money?

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to your job, your frustration has been escalated to the higher-level team for better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you soon with further suggestions, appreciate your patience.
2020-7-2
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-2 20:29
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to your job, your frustration has been escalated to the higher-level team for better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you soon with further suggestions, appreciate your patience.

So, here we are over a month and a half later, and this is the response from the "escalated" team.

Hi John,

I hope you find this email well.

We're sending you this email since we received an update from our relevant team about the evaluation conducted with your Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 at the facility.

As per testing, the photo quality indeed meets our quality requirements. Compared with another P4P v2 and we get the same results. We compared the result from another unit at the facility and please check it below:

Here's the picture that was taken by your unit:

Here's the picture that was taken by another Phantom 4 Pro v2.0:

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products.

Best Regards,

Ejay
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

Yeah, the pictures do not work that they sent.  I guess I am just supposed to "trust" them that the ONE photo they took with it is fine, while seriously HUNDREDS of bad pictures have come out of it.  Seriously?  You guys are a freaking joke.  @djimindy
2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JohnH2005 Posted at 8-18 09:50
So, here we are over a month and a half later, and this is the response from the "escalated" team.

Hi John,

Hi John, sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per check, your case has been escalated to our supervisor team, the team is following up on it, I will help to forward your feedback to the team again, kindly please wait for the email update. Thanks.
2020-8-19
Use props
Rob McCrae
New
Flight distance : 15394 ft
Australia

Hi,  I have the exact same issue with my new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0,  this was a replacement unit after a recent crash.  I struggled for a week trying to get the same pictures as the past model I had (Same unit).  I can tell you that if you do a camera reset during every flight It fixes the problem and i get clear crisp shots agan.

Remember this resets all your settings so it adds time to every shoot.  I beleive this is a firmware issu that has been undiagnosed to this point.

Hope there is a solution soon.  Rob
2021-8-5
Use props
Technical1
lvl.2

Turkey

Rob McCrae Posted at 8-5 21:05
Hi,  I have the exact same issue with my new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0,  this was a replacement unit after a recent crash.  I struggled for a week trying to get the same pictures as the past model I had (Same unit).  I can tell you that if you do a camera reset during every flight It fixes the problem and i get clear crisp shots agan.

Remember this resets all your settings so it adds time to every shoot.  I beleive this is a firmware issu that has been undiagnosed to this point.

hi . what do you mean about every shoot ?  Should I reset the camera settings every time I take a photo? Or should I reset it when I open the bird and reset the camera setting, use it, then turn it off and on again?  Or every time I change the battery? when I turn the device on and off?
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules