3005 21 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mailaerial-maps.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3543 ft
United States

Hi All,

Since I cannot get my KML flight plan file to import when choosing Terrain Awareness (KML Exceeds DSM Range?), is there a way to hide the colored elevation area of the DEM in terrain awareness so that it just shows the satalite imagery to manually draw out my flight boundary?

Thank you,

Robert
2020-5-6
Use props
master.salah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 434449 ft
Kuwait

I hated the way that they implement DEM into their GSP app, I hope that the GSP app updated to has the integrated updated DEM like sensefly emotion and many other apps.
2020-5-6
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes this has been a complaint about DJI's implementation of flight awareness since day 1. half-baked as usual, with rare and infrequent fixes/improvements. they seem to be more interested in reinventing the wheel and making the inevitable mistakes than emulating tried and true (but open to improvement) models.
2020-5-6
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I don't know how you can hide the colored elevation but in that page there is a KML button. If you press it, you can select your area in KML format.
2020-5-6
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

jivago Posted at 5-6 21:31
Hi, I don't know how you can hide the colored elevation but in that page there is a KML button. If you press it, you can select your area in KML format.

Hi Jivago,

Have you been able to get the KMZ to import in Terrain Awareness mode to work? I've tried every which way and always get an "KML Exceeds DSM Range" error?
2020-5-7
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

you can hide DSM in plan - menu - general setting (last one  with 3 dots) - "Display Terrain Rendering Map" switch to OFF... you will still see satellite maps
2020-5-7
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

guillermomeiner Posted at 5-7 16:35
you can hide DSM in plan - menu - general setting (last one  with 3 dots) - "Display Terrain Rendering Map" switch to OFF... you will still see satellite maps

Hi Guillermomeiner,

Great find! I can at least now draw my flight boundary manually and use the satellite imagery as reference in Terrain Awareness mode. Have you been able to get any KMZ to import in Terrain Awareness mode?

Thank you again!

Robert
2020-5-8
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-8 12:47
Hi Guillermomeiner,

Great find! I can at least now draw my flight boundary manually and use the satellite imagery as reference in Terrain Awareness mode. Have you been able to get any KMZ to import in Terrain Awareness mode?

I meant to say "any KML to import"
2020-5-8
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-8 12:48

Does DJI Support ever give input on these forums??? It would be nice if they could show us step by step procedures and programs used on how to get a KML to import in terrain awareness mode.
2020-5-8
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

CCAM Posted at 5-8 12:48

Yes i could!, just tap on KML and select kml. You have to import it previously.
In the screenshot appears a light red poligon
2020-5-8
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

CCAM Posted at 5-8 13:04
Does DJI Support ever give input on these forums??? It would be nice if they could show us step by step procedures and programs used on how to get a KML to import in terrain awareness mode.

hehe... sometimes... 2 or 3 times per year
2020-5-8
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

guillermomeiner Posted at 5-8 14:26
hehe... sometimes... 2 or 3 times per year

Hi Guillermomeiner,

If I may ask what programs are you using to create your DEM and KML files? I have tried multiple times to get my KML to import into a Terrain Awareness project, however I always get an error "KML exceeds DEM Range", even though my DEM covers a much larger area than my KML.
2020-5-12
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

Im using Global Mapper v21 for DEM and Google Earth for KML
In Global Mapper go to: File - Download Online Imagery/Topo/Terrain Maps - Select SRTM v3 (or what you prefer).
Before that i usually open a kml (polygon) of the city or town i want the dem, so i can clip the dem to that region

Once downloaded Right Click in the layer, Layer, Export, Geotiff. I think you can leave all default but be sure to check "Generate TFW"

Then copy both files (TIFF and TFW) to a new folder (DJI/DSM/TOWN1) in the root directory of microsd card

BE SURE in Global Mapper units are Geographic (LAT/LONG): Tools - Configure - Projection - Select Geographic (Lat/Long), Datum (wgs84) - Planar Units (Arc Degrees)

Let me know if you cant make it work and maybe we can talk about it via Wasap or zoom

good luck
2020-5-12
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

guillermomeiner Posted at 5-12 12:40
Im using Global Mapper v21 for DEM and Google Earth for KML
In Global Mapper go to: File - Download Online Imagery/Topo/Terrain Maps - Select SRTM v3 (or what you prefer).
Before that i usually open a kml (polygon) of the city or town i want the dem, so i can clip the dem to that region

Thank you for this. I will give it a try. I was using United States Elevation Data (NED) 10m Res, maybe that was the problem? I'll let you know if it works for me.

Thanks again!
2020-5-12
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-12 13:21
Thank you for this. I will give it a try. I was using United States Elevation Data (NED) 10m Res, maybe that was the problem? I'll let you know if it works for me.

Thanks again!

Still no luck. I tried using the exact same method you mentioned and I am still getting the "KML exceeds DSM range. Select new KML" error as shown on the attached image. Are you saving the KML out of Google Earth and special way?

[img]202005/13/093949ps1hkg46sups1qdt.jpg[/img

Thank you,

Robert Lafica]
2020-5-13
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-13 09:40
Still no luck. I tried using the exact same method you mentioned and I am still getting the "KML exceeds DSM range. Select new KML" error as shown on the attached image. Are you saving the KML out of Google Earth and special way?

202005/13/093949ps1hkg46sups1qdt.jpg[/img

2020-5-13
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

As you can see, limits are clearly within DEM range.

2020-5-13
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

hmm... looks like the problems is the kml. I usually do this:
open google earth, add polygon (i have in spanish i dont know if this is the translation), click on boundaries (be sure to be inside the DEM), accept,  then in layers right click on the polygon layer - save as - kml
save it on microsd under DJI/KML folder and import it

and that's all... it should work

please let me know
2020-5-13
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

guillermomeiner Posted at 5-13 15:14
hmm... looks like the problems is the kml. I usually do this:
open google earth, add polygon (i have in spanish i dont know if this is the translation), click on boundaries (be sure to be inside the DEM), accept,  then in layers right click on the polygon layer - save as - kml
save it on microsd under DJI/KML folder and import it

Strange. That is exactly what I am doing, but no luck. When you create your boundary, in the properties tab, do you have the Altitude set to "clamped to ground"?

Thank you,

Robert
2020-5-13
Use props
CCAM
lvl.3
United States

CCAM Posted at 5-13 15:26
Strange. That is exactly what I am doing, but no luck. When you create your boundary, in the properties tab, do you have the Altitude set to "clamped to ground"?

Thank you,

I have sent my DSM and KLM files to the DJI support team. Hopefully they can figure out what the issue is.

Thank you,

Robert
2020-5-13
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

CCAM Posted at 5-13 15:26

Thank you,

yes... no altitud
2020-5-13
Use props
guillermomeiner
lvl.4

Argentina

CCAM Posted at 5-13 15:32
I have sent my DSM and KLM files to the DJI support team. Hopefully they can figure out what the issue is.

Thank you,

please send it to me.... gmeinero@gmail.com
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules