usb c connect to phone
4739 15 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hello all,

I saw how people succesfully connected their Osmo Pocket to their phone using the bottom usb c connector. I cannot get this to work and keep getting the question if i want to connect to computer. Is it stil possible using this method or did thing get changed with a new firmware?

Many thanks, Robert Glotzbach
2020-5-6
Use props
fansc98cd101
lvl.2
Czechia

It works with the current and previous firmwares. Make sure the main phone connector on the accessory port is off or in the inward position and that you are using a USB-C data cable not just a charging cable.
2020-5-6
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

fansc98cd101 Posted at 5-6 10:35
It works with the current and previous firmwares. Make sure the main phone connector on the accessory port is off or in the inward position and that you are using a USB-C data cable not just a charging cable.

That sounds promising..... then what should i do when this message: "connect to computer?" pops up?    Its a shielded USB 2.0 cable, with a transfer speed of 480 Mbits/s

Thanks for helping... much apreciated :-)

2020-5-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

My pocket only asks that when I connect to my computer for offloads.

When I connect to my iPhone, via a lightning to USB-C cord, the phone simply fires up the Mimo app, just like when connected by the DJI supplied phone adaptor.
2020-5-6
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

Curt1591 Posted at 5-6 16:10
My pocket only asks that when I connect to my computer for offloads.

When I connect to my iPhone, via a lightning to USB-C cord, the phone simply fires up the Mimo app, just like when connected by the DJI supplied phone adaptor.

Thanks for answering :-)
How would the OP know that you are connecting for offloads; don't forget  i am connecting to the usb port on the bottom not on the side?

Regards, robert
2020-5-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

When you get the prompt click yes.  It should then activate the Mimo app. Either way, the phone will charge itself from the Osmo Pocket.
2020-5-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

robertglotzbach Posted at 5-6 20:40
Thanks for answering :-)
How would the OP know that you are connecting for offloads; don't forget  i am connecting to the usb port on the bottom not on the side?

I just use it for offloads. The Pocket sees it connecting to a computer. It doesn't know what I am doing.

When it does connect to my computer, it shows up as a connected drive. From that, I offload the files.
2020-5-7
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 5-7 02:33
When you get the prompt click yes.  It should then activate the Mimo app. Either way, the phone will charge itself from the Osmo Pocket.

Thanks.... No it does not activate the App. And when i launch the app manually and try to connect to the OP, it says no Osmo found. When i connect with the top usb c port  all works fine.

Its so weird, with other people it does not seem to be a problem to have it working.   Just don't get it.
2020-5-7
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It’s like the previous poster stated, you do not have a data + charge cable. I have several cables but only a few work. For example my mobile Sony XZ2 cable works perfectly with the osmo but anker cables do not as it’s only a charging cable,
2020-5-7
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 5-7 04:58
It’s like the previous poster stated, you do not have a data + charge cable. I have several cables but only a few work. For example my mobile Sony XZ2 cable works perfectly with the osmo but anker cables do not as it’s only a charging cable,

I started to wonder this myself.... On the package however it is stated: "High speed data transfer up to 480 Mbps". Maybe order another cable?
2020-5-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

robertglotzbach Posted at 5-7 05:32
I started to wonder this myself.... On the package however it is stated: "High speed data transfer up to 480 Mbps". Maybe order another cable?

Is it a USB C to USB A Cable?
2020-5-7
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 5-7 06:26
Is it a USB C to USB A Cable?

No, its a usb-c to usb-c

2020-5-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

robertglotzbach Posted at 5-7 07:01
No, its a usb-c to usb-c

I think you need a refund. Clearly it's not working.
2020-5-7
Use props
JE Rome
lvl.3
United States

Be sure that the cable is fully inserted in the bottom of the osmo pocket. When I don't do this, the mimo app does not launch.
2020-5-7
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

JE Rome Posted at 5-7 22:03
Be sure that the cable is fully inserted in the bottom of the osmo pocket. When I don't do this, the mimo app does not launch.

Made a  small jump reading you suggestion But unfortunately after checking it again.... no thats not it. Ordered a new cable that will come in two days.... fingers crossed.

Thanks for the suggestion...
2020-5-8
Use props
robertglotzbach
lvl.2
Netherlands

robertglotzbach Posted at 5-8 06:17
Made a  small jump reading you suggestion  But unfortunately after checking it again.... no thats not it. Ordered a new cable that will come in two days.... fingers crossed.

Thanks for the suggestion...

Thank you guys for all your help :-)
Received the newly ordered cable from "sitecom" and it works perfectly.
Can now return the first cable and get the money back.

Regards, robert
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules