[Poll] Air 2 ordered, not ordered, canceled ?
1866 24 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

It seems like some people either did not order the Air 2 due to the missing certificate and/or the missing airsense function or canceled an order that was already placed. Who chose what ? Only votes of the people who really planned to buy the Air 2 are interesting.

Of course you can only choose 1 option. Maybe also interesting for DJI to see your choice.

Single SelectVote, Total 68 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

55.88% (38)
32.35% (22)
11.76% (8)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-5-6
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

I planned to order, but due to no correct certification for EU I guess I'll just pass it. Unless that changes in very short time. To not be able to use it as it is supposed to be used, I don't want to threw away 1049EUR + DJI care pricing.
2020-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No EU classification is a bit of a dealer breaker.
2020-5-7
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

No plan to order at moment, so no vote.
2020-5-7
Use props
Luca90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429938 ft
Italy

Waiting for EASA marking…
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_vnMVijayxScK

Netherlands

Cancelled pre-order due to missing the C1 classification stamp on the body.
Hoping it will still get it someday. Awesome product.
2020-5-7
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

I think .... everything is still too indistinct and pure speculation as to what will come and change. I still can not imagine that the Mavic Air 1 should be classified in category A1 and the Air 2 in A3 where it is treated in the same way as a self-made drone that weighs 24 kg ! (As I understood the new assignment)
2020-5-7
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

DJI : Is the idea wrong to assume there could be something like a Mavic Air 2 Revision 2 in near future ? With C1 certificate ?
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_BYN0MzMHm7GQ
lvl.1
Germany

Cancelled too- because of the mentioned lacking (C1 & AirSense).
2020-5-7
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Thanks for the previous votes guys. An interesting quota (about 60:40 so far) that I would not have expected. There are many more people who see these grievances as a deal breaker than expected. Of course, you can't just extrapolate that now, because I'm sure that more people will order, who don't see these problems as serious or who haven't informed themselves beforehand. But even if it's let's say only 20 or 30% of the people who didn't order only because of that, that's a lot. A sign to DJI ?
2020-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 5-8 14:47
Thanks for the previous votes guys. An interesting quota (about 60:40 so far) that I would not have expected. There are many more people who see these grievances as a deal breaker than expected. Of course, you can't just extrapolate that now, because I'm sure that more people will order, who don't see these problems as serious or who haven't informed themselves beforehand. But even if it's let's say only 20 or 30% of the people who didn't order only because of that, that's a lot. A sign to DJI ?

I think a bit annoying and can’t wait for first option is annoying, it’s sufficient to ask will you be buying or not, or at least when you have two options for not buying, it’s a bit lob sided. However I bought it and I will be able to fly it for the next 2 1/2 years which is longer than most drones I’ve flown, so I don’t see certifications as a huge problem, if dji have to wait to get said certificates then it’s not really up to them, new certification may not come for 6/10/20 months and by then it will be old tech. Carp Diem....
2020-5-8
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

This history of certification is unclear. From a video on the net, for example the MJX BUGS 7 B7, low cost drone weighing <250 grams, already has the brand -0-, as per link of a test in Italian:
2020-5-8
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

If it is true that units with Airsense ADS-B will arrive to Europe late summer,
i think that those units maybe also certified C1, or with a small battery to stay in the 500gr limit.... just guessing.
At this time DJI is selling a new product not ready for EASA requirements, and it will become new/old legacy drone as soon as EASA rules will be in effect, so only A3C3 far from people, buildings...
A2 pilot license could mitigate this for a grace period but additional money, time, study needed. Finally, I won't buy Air 2 now.
DJI should inform buyers on the above limitations
2020-5-9
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 15:32
I think a bit annoying and can’t wait for first option is annoying, it’s sufficient to ask will you be buying or not, or at least when you have two options for not buying, it’s a bit lob sided. However I bought it and I will be able to fly it for the next 2 1/2 years which is longer than most drones I’ve flown, so I don’t see certifications as a huge problem, if dji have to wait to get said certificates then it’s not really up to them, new certification may not come for 6/10/20 months and by then it will be old tech. Carp Diem....

You often don't understand why others don't think like you, but there are obviously enough people who buy a drone today and may want to fly it for longer, long, or even unlimited time. I had my Galaxy S4 smartphone for over 4 years, for example, other freaks buy the latest model every year. Regarding the negative voices here in the poll, two things are decisive in my opinion. For one thing, it seems likely that something like a "Mavic Air 2 EU 2nd edition" will be released in the near future, and secondly, if there is one, the 1st version will be unpopular and difficult to sell. It's like the diesel scandal at VW. The people who decide against an Air2 today will probably buy the "2nd edition". So it is absolutely understandable to wait. Ok, people like you, who do not fly the drone for a long time, can and will of course buy without hesitation, they have unlimited enjoyment with it for over 2 years and even after that it is not the case that the drone no longer flies or is dead. The purchase votes are therefore also justified.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 5-9 01:55
You often don't understand why others don't think like you, but there are obviously enough people who buy a drone today and may want to fly it for longer, long, or even unlimited time. I had my Galaxy S4 smartphone for over 4 years, for example, other freaks buy the latest model every year. Regarding the negative voices here in the poll, two things are decisive in my opinion. For one thing, it seems likely that something like a "Mavic Air 2 EU 2nd edition" will be released in the near future, and secondly, if there is one, the 1st version will be unpopular and difficult to sell. It's like the diesel scandal at VW. The people who decide against an Air2 today will probably buy the "2nd edition". So it is absolutely understandable to wait. Ok, people like you, who do not fly the drone for a long time, can and will of course buy without hesitation, they have unlimited enjoyment with it for over 2 years and even after that it is not the case that the drone no longer flies or is dead. The purchase votes are therefore also justified.

It’s very simple, you think drone is somehow dead after 2 1/2 years but there is still a market for it , many people including myself have licenses and they are pretty easy to get. Over the next two years or so, everyone will have to go through the process of gaining some qualifications and this will encourage many to go further and gain a more experience license, so the market for the drone secondhand will still be there and growing.
But if you think that bringing in new regulation by EASA will allow your drone to fly as is forever your very much mistaken, EASA today believe legacy drones are only worth two years before they reduce their flying capabilities, do you think they won’t offer the same to newly regulated drones, they’re no extra safe guards being requested by EASA so I’m certain they will have worked out the lifetime of a drone, so in your case wait for sticker from dji with Airsense and then realize after two years if you still want to fly it you may be faced with more restrictions just like they have applied for all drones without certificate including drones 1 day old.
2020-5-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In the Threads below at least 2 people say that they ordered (pre) but item 3 still says 0? How did they vote?
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_BYN0MzMHm7GQ
lvl.1
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-9 06:30
In the Threads below at least 2 people say that they ordered (pre) but item 3 still says 0? How did they vote?

Weren’t able to see the poll on mobile view.

Gave now the ‚check‘ via desktop version.
2020-5-9
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

Regulations says that after 1st of July 2020 manufacturer will have to declare certification. That doesn't mean they can't do it before 1st of July  2020. As I wrote in one other topic, this certification will have to be paid by manufacturer, just like IP rating for phones. And DJI avoided that cost, that's why they announced it now, before regulation become official. What will happen, if EU change their mind and clarify all drones before 1.7.2020 as legacy on a day when new regulation become valid? That's why I'm avoiding to buy MA2 as there is no 100% what will happen then. What is for sure are categories and A1-A3 subcategories. There is already a drone with C0 like Renaro61 mentioned. And that's from low budget drone company. So they can do it, but DJI can't? Lol
2020-5-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no option for me in that survey. I am not annoyed, I have ordered it and I have not canceled.
2020-5-9
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 5-9 18:00
There is no option for me in that survey. I am not annoyed, I have ordered it and I have not canceled.

Although everyone can vote, of course, the questions are more for EU citizens. US people have no problems with Airsense and EU regulations ... so of course it's not annoying ;-)
2020-5-10
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140043 ft
Norway

Just cancel my order and will waite for AirSense.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ulli01
lvl.2

Germany

I have canceled my order yesterday.
I am not going to buy a drone for more than a 1000€, and then I can't use it within the possible best regulations!
Furthermore there will be no secondmarket for the legacy drones, like the Air2 is becoming almost right upon delivery!
The Air2 will only be flyable after 01.07.2022 acc. within Cat. A3 or within the LUC-Regulations.
Nobody will do that!
If you will fly a drone with 150m distances to almost everything and so on, you are not going to buy an expensive (even secondhand) drone.
In the time between July 2020 and 2022 you can't use the Follow-Me-Function anymore. You have to maintain a distance of 50m to all people (incl. the pilot!) and so on.
There is just no fun with this, and I'm not going to pay a lot of €, to not have at least a little amount of fun.
By the way, ALL current drone licenses will become invalid as of 01.07.2020!
All drone Pilots have to obtain a new license to operate their drone from that date on. There is no transition time for this.
Right now it is even unclear, if those pilots, who are "real" pilots, can use their current privileges after that date.
For the Operation with the Air2 acc. Art. 22, you will need a license acc. to the A2-Cat. which will means extra cost and time, to get one.

The last decision on the cancelation was made, after I read a comment from an DJI Official within an other thread, where it becomes clear, that DJI is either completely incompetent, or just lying to their customer!
Both made me confident that I have to cancel the order, and to have a look for a model >250g, maybe from an other company,  for the time being.
2020-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulli01 Posted at 5-10 14:20
I have canceled my order yesterday.
I am not going to buy a drone for more than a 1000€, and then I can't use it within the possible best regulations!
Furthermore there will be no secondmarket for the legacy drones, like the Air2 is becoming almost right upon delivery!

Good at least we won’t have to read anymore of your BS.
Get a syma and go on their forum .
2020-5-10
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 5-10 00:57
Although everyone can vote, of course, the questions are more for EU citizens. US people have no problems with Airsense and EU regulations ... so of course it's not annoying ;-)

Speaking as an EU citizen I am not annoyed either, ordered it and received. Don't give a jot about Airsense.  Common-sense and VLOS allows me to fly safely.
2020-5-11
Use props
Valpen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13613556 ft
Norway

I got a problem with the RC control and was able to get money back. But no, I ordered a new MA2. That means I'm satisfied with the price & quality.

The beginning of the new EU rules has been moved to 01.01.2021. Then there will be a transition period. Not all the rules are clear yet (therefore the deferral), but they write that the drones that should not have CE marking after that period are still allowed, but probably with more strict rules than the drones with CE marking.
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules