Replacement batteries
748 9 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfunkenator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503396 ft
United States

I bought a mavic pro platinum fly-more pack a while ago.  One of the batteries is reporting battery error on the remote and the DJI app.  Looking at the cells while I had the drone discharging by just sitting on the floor (since I cannot take off) they read 3.64v, 3.8v, and 3.62v.  The entire time all the way down to 5% battery, the middle cell did not change but the other two did drop voltage over time.  So I am now waiting for the battery to cool down before I try to recharge it to see if it will balance itself out.  But if it doesn't, I'd like to get a new battery.  I see third party batteries but I also see issues and warnings against them.  I see official DJI batteries, supposedly new, even though they've been out of production for quite some time now.  Any merchant that claims their stock of official DJI batteries are new has to accept the fact that if they years old, probably have only been charged once at the factory and never since then, and that the quality of the battery is probably poor, and not worth $90 even though that is the price tag.

So what are my options?  Third party probably good quality but hit or miss?  Official and most likely either used or poor quality for a ridiculous price?  Opening up my battery and messing around with connections and LIPO charging?  I am at a loss.  I still have two batteries left but their life has dropped a bit since I got them. When I go out to fly, I like to take multiple long flights so having extra batteries is a must.  
2020-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi gfunkenator, sorry for the troubles with the battery, is there any error message in the APP? Please fully charge the battery and then hover the battery to see whether the voltage difference is over 0.1v.
If you would like to purchase a new battery, it is recommended to purchase from the DJI official platforms. If you are concerned that the battery from the dealer may have been stored for a long time, please purchase from DJI Online Store: https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ht-battery-platinum
2020-5-7
Use props
gfunkenator
lvl.1
United States

How long have you been storing those mavic pro platinum batteries for? I'm concerned because the mavic pro reached end of life in 2018 I believe.  So unless the batteries you have in stock were recently manufactured, you're stock is the same as any other merchant.
2020-5-7
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Just for the record I bought a 3rd party mavic Pro battery from a friend who bought it by mistake and it is every bit as good as the genuine batteries, maybe I've been lucky but I would certainly buy again as and when.
2020-5-7
Use props
gfunkenator
lvl.1
United States

UKMoose Posted at 5-7 07:13
Hi Just for the record I bought a 3rd party mavic Pro battery from a friend who bought it by mistake and it is every bit as good as the genuine batteries, maybe I've been lucky but I would certainly buy again as and when.

Hi which brand and model is that battery?  I'm not totally against 3rd party, just cautious.
2020-5-7
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gfunkenator Posted at 5-7 18:17
Hi which brand and model is that battery?  I'm not totally against 3rd party, just cautious.

Hi  this is the UK link to the one I received, there is a few different ones but I guess they are all made in the same factory,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery ... product_top?ie=UTF8
Just looked on Amazon. com

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-P ... tinum/dp/B077SLY3WK
2020-5-8
Use props
gfunkenator
lvl.1
United States

UKMoose Posted at 5-8 01:27
Hi  this is the UK link to the one I received, there is a few different ones but I guess they are all made in the same factory,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery ... product_top?ie=UTF8

I've seen good and bad reviews of this battery.  Its tough to decide.  I wonder what the DJI rep will say about how long their official batteries have been sitting on a shelf since they have been out of production for a couple of years now.
2020-5-8
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gfunkenator Posted at 5-8 06:19
I've seen good and bad reviews of this battery.  Its tough to decide.  I wonder what the DJI rep will say about how long their official batteries have been sitting on a shelf since they have been out of production for a couple of years now.

It is a problem knowing what to do for the best, I've read about people having 3 bad batteries in a brand new fly more combo,   as I said I would buy one again, in fact 3rd party batteries may be all we can get. I also wonder how many companies are. Producing these batteries, not many I bet, probably all of them are coming out of  very few factories.
I've only had my MP1 for 15 months, I bought it from the son-in-law of a good friend and never had any issues with it.
Hope you get sorted, keep well
2020-5-8
Use props
gfunkenator
lvl.1
United States

UKMoose Posted at 5-8 06:47
It is a problem knowing what to do for the best, I've read about people having 3 bad batteries in a brand new fly more combo,   as I said I would buy one again, in fact 3rd party batteries may be all we can get. I also wonder how many companies are. Producing these batteries, not many I bet, probably all of them are coming out of  very few factories.
I've only had my MP1 for 15 months, I bought it from the son-in-law of a good friend and never had any issues with it.
Hope you get sorted, keep well

it is a great drone and I would hate to have to either sell it or stop using it eventually or have to upgrade.  This is almost like how Apple and Samsung handle their phone business model, except you can actually replace the battery and the phones cant drop from the sky and cause trouble.
2020-5-8
Use props
gfunkenator
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-7 00:49
Hi gfunkenator, sorry for the troubles with the battery, is there any error message in the APP? Please fully charge the battery and then hover the battery to see whether the voltage difference is over 0.1v.
If you would like to purchase a new battery, it is recommended to purchase from the DJI official platforms. If you are concerned that the battery from the dealer may have been stored for a long time, please purchase from DJI Online Store: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-intelligent-flight-battery-platinum

So can you tell me what the manufacture date is for the mavic pro platinum batteries that you sell on your site?
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules