New Osmo Mobile 3 Firmware Released (05/07/2020)
12Next >
24756 75 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date: 2020.05.07
Firmware: v01.00.00.70
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.2.28
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.2.28

What’s New?
  • Added Display mode (requires DJI Mimo v1.2.28 or later). Enable Display mode in General settings in DJI Mimo. Once enabled, the gimbal remains static for 10 seconds before rotating automatically according to the preset attitude.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Mobile 3, DJI Mimo, and re-connect the mobile phone’s Bluetooth, and retry.

2020-5-7
Use props
Gooner21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903340 ft
Australia

So what exactly is it  "Added Display mode".......what does this mean or do ?
Also, were is fix for smooth zooming (smooth not the jerky zooming we currently get)....wheres the missing features on Android that iOS has ?

Also, Why does the 3 not work with Filmic Pro (1 nd 2 do), they said you havent given them the SDK......Why !!

2020-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2020-5-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

My gimbal has updated ok but so far no update for Mimo on the App Store, is there any chance you can provide more info on the new mode.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_GyOyhxD1JWS5
New
United States

This release is garbage.  You declare compatibility with IOS.  FAIL!

Please fix the MIMO app for use with Android phone.
2020-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So what is the "Display mode". sounds like something a shop would be using?
2020-5-7
Use props
GARRY23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1040577 ft
Spain

acer un grupo de wassp para estas cosas
2020-5-7
Use props
Idewald
lvl.2

Sweden

A Firmware update that gives me "Dispaly mode"??? Why and when will I use it?
I was hoping for an update so I can use active track and broadcast a live stream on Facebook.....
2020-5-7
Use props
Krause31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
and still no photo mode in 16:9 ratio! Catastrophe!!!
2020-5-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well done DJI for releasing a new feature without explan8ng what it does and also for not releasing the updated version of Mimo first, so untill as an when the new version of Mimo gets into play store we can’t even check for ourselves.
2020-5-7
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe this enables a video to be taken between set points as it moves between them. Like Time lapse, or am I being to hopeful ?
2020-5-7
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-7 10:36
Maybe this enables a video to be taken between set points as it moves between them. Like Time lapse, or am I being to hopeful ?

That was my first thought but what’s with the hold for 10 seconds and the altitude, Doesn’t describe any waypoints or ways of making it go where you want it.
2020-5-7
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I don't buy products on a promise of future functionality, I do find DJI's update strategy rather amusing.   They add crap that nobody needs or understands, while things that we can actually use (and are actually still being advertised - like SD Card support) go unaddressed.    "Here's a new version that farts when you turn it left.  You're welcome!"  Who is asking for this crap?

LP
2020-5-7
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Does this fix some features that do not work with Android?
2020-5-7
Use props
YiannosZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43862 ft
Greece

DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.2.28
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.2.28

Any idea when these will be available?
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_GXRp6SeRS0HH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74406 ft

Netherlands

Is the lack of changing the save location to sd card been fixed?
2020-5-9
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_GXRp6SeRS0HH Posted at 5-9 11:04
Is the lack of changing the save location to sd card been fixed?

As expected: "No!" :-(

As usual DJI keeps ignoring the wishes of their customers.
2020-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnitserNL Posted at 5-10 00:31
As expected: "No!" :-(

As usual DJI keeps ignoring the wishes of their customers.

The Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have a SD card.
2020-5-11
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 03:09
The Osmo Mobile 3 doesn't have a SD card.

Yeah, but the phone does. And it is the Mimo app that could have the option to save to the sd card (as the other video apps on my android phone do), but it does not have that option.
We are asking for that option for almost a year now.
2020-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnitserNL Posted at 5-11 05:01
Yeah, but the phone does. And it is the Mimo app that could have the option to save to the sd card (as the other video apps on my android phone do), but it does not have that option.
We are asking for that option for almost a year now.

ah gotcha. I only use iPhones,  too many issues with Android for my taste.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_tYZCNcZnIjvT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247201 ft
Canada

I got my Osmo Mobile 3 and I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 256GB , I tried the Hitchcock zoom and it came out choppy or jumpy, called tech support and they had no answer for me, however they informed the tech group to look into it on why this is happening. After extensive research I found out that android is not supported as much as apple is with the functionality of the MIMO app.

I have two devices from DJI and I am happy with the Mavic but not so happy with the Mobile3.

24FPS@4K is not available on ANDROID
Zoom issue on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 256GB

While talking to the tech guy on the phone he told me to update to the .28 version however only the .24 is available at this time.

Please advise if upgrades will be made for Android users on the Mimo

Thank you
2020-5-13
Use props
Odeen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8576 ft
Spain

hello. I'm from Spain and in the iOS Appstore the last version available is 1.2.24...

what is the problem there ? how can I get the 1.2.28 ?
2020-5-14
Use props
Fabrice Sudaka
New

France

I hope we'll get smooth zooming and will be able to shoot photos in 16/9 instead 4/3. That's a pity to stay in old format nobody uses anymore.
2020-5-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fabrice Sudaka Posted at 5-17 13:09
I hope we'll get smooth zooming and will be able to shoot photos in 16/9 instead 4/3. That's a pity to stay in old format nobody uses anymore.

!6:9 is usually just a crop from a 4:3 original - therefore less megapixels - you can crop the original image to your taste in photoshop or whatever.  But 4:3 is the most commonly used format still, and probably always will be for serious photography.
2020-5-17
Use props
WarrisonHest
New
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-7 10:36

I just got an Osmo 3, and have been searching all over for how to do this. I'm AMAZED this is not an option already.. its the exact same idea as using the path function for the time-lapse!! If anyone knows a workaround for this please reply..
2020-5-20
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-17 14:19
!6:9 is usually just a crop from a 4:3 original - therefore less megapixels - you can crop the original image to your taste in photoshop or whatever.  But 4:3 is the most commonly used format still, and probably always will be for serious photography.

You are correct  about 16:9 being a crop from 4:3, but most, if not all DSLR’s and interchangeable lens cameras use 3:2 format, not 4:3. That’s mainly used by smartphones and small mobile devices, not professional cameras. Even
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_lShxPatPj5Z3
lvl.1

Canada

Hi. I am wondering if you guys are aware of the problem that osmo 3 mobile does not start to record a new video automatically once the video file reaches 4gb limit size!!.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_s6TXPhjxX07h
New

Finland

Gooner21 Posted at 5-7 01:34
So what exactly is it  "Added Display mode".......what does this mean or do ?
Also, were is fix for smooth zooming (smooth not the jerky zooming we currently get)....wheres the missing features on Android that iOS has ?

Yes, I wonder why DJI does not co-operated with Chinese phone companies (like Huawei) to get Osmo 3 and maybe a special version of Mimo to work perfectly with them (especially the zoom and change between lenses)? I would happily pay around $250 for Osmo 3 type gimbal if it would work seamlesly with a phone like Huawei P40 Pro+. There is so much functionality in modern phone cameras that without co-operation it is almost impossible for DJI to get all working seamlesly. Like how would even the 9:1 and 16:1 pixel binning work with Mimo (or is this and change between binning modes when zooming made in hardware instead)?
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_tAobnDqEwNLp
New

United States

Ah, enjoying the new Osmo 3 and Mimo update (v1.3.0)? Can't wait to FINALLY shoot 60fps on Android? Well, guess what!? Today is NOT your day

These are the 'Supported Mobile Devices' from their website for the DJI Mimo update:

Compatible with HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI Mate 9 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel 2

How on earth did it take this long to provide 60/1080 on Android and you omit the global leader of Android devices? SMH You could literally own the mobile gimbal market, yet you're 10 steps behind in the wrong race.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_krwDfplEqlZT
New

Netherlands

djiuser_tAobnDqEwNLp Posted at 5-27 14:10
Ah, enjoying the new Osmo 3 and Mimo update (v1.3.0)? Can't wait to FINALLY shoot 60fps on Android? Well, guess what!? Today is NOT your day  

These are the 'Supported Mobile Devices' from their website for the DJI Mimo update:

The 1080p/60fps bankworks on Xiaomi Pocophone F1 too after the update.

Fingers crossed slow motion is next up...
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_wyVoa2qPzCet
New

India

We need remote control via mobile like this below link

youtu.be/4MUuI-NZ7pM
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_wyVoa2qPzCet
New

India

Xperia xz1 support slow motion.but dji not provide
2020-5-28
Use props
DJIMNYD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 390564 ft
Malaysia

I just realised that features in DJI MIMO Apps IOS not as same as DJI MIMO Apss Android. Anyhow today is my 2nd day using the OM 3.
2020-6-5
Use props
Daigi81
New
Flight distance : 8386 ft
United States

At least it works for you guys.

I'm using a Samsung s20+. Attempted update while my phone was at 95% and osmo mobile 3 at ~100%. Update keeps failing. Gimbal is now in limp mode for 2 days. Can't seem to find any fix. Restarted phone a few times, turned bluetooth on/off, restarted Mimo a few times, turned osmo mobile 3 on/off many times. Outcome is the same every time. Green light keeps flashing and gimbal is still in limp mode.

Please help.
2020-6-8
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Daigi81 Posted at 6-8 21:42
At least it works for you guys.

I'm using a Samsung s20+. Attempted update while my phone was at 95% and osmo mobile 3 at ~100%. Update keeps failing. Gimbal is now in limp mode for 2 days. Can't seem to find any fix. Restarted phone a few times, turned bluetooth on/off, restarted Mimo a few times, turned osmo mobile 3 on/off many times. Outcome is the same every time. Green light keeps flashing and gimbal is still in limp mode.

Here’s what I would try,

Forget the gimbal in Bluetooth settings,
Uninstall  Mimo
Uninstall all Mimo folders that are left behind via file explorer but remember to back up your media as the video and photos are stored in there.
Restart your phone and reinstall Mimo and set back up.
2020-6-9
Use props
Merlyn Rodriguez
New

Philippines

Is it compatible with Huawei P30 now? The post I have read was already outdated.. Thank you
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_GaOFB0C3QB18
New
United States

I'm extremely disappointed and dissatisfied that my Note 9 still cant shoot at 60 fps. This is ridiculous...
2020-6-10
Use props
Daigi81
New
Flight distance : 8386 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 6-9 08:16
Here’s what I would try,

Forget the gimbal in Bluetooth settings,

Followed steps to the T, twice.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me. Coted DJI 3 days ago via email. Still haven't contacted me.

DJi
2020-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GyOyhxD1JWS5 Posted at 5-7 02:54
This release is garbage.  You declare compatibility with IOS.  FAIL!

Please fix the MIMO app for use with Android phone.

I upvoted your post by accident.

The update works fine on my Note 10.

Follow-me mode selfie is just awesome.
2020-6-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GaOFB0C3QB18 Posted at 6-10 13:44
I'm extremely disappointed and dissatisfied that my Note 9 still cant shoot at 60 fps. This is ridiculous...

Don't use the DJI MIMO app if you want to use the full camera gimbal functionality.  It is cool they actually give us an activetrack option that works.
2020-6-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules