Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What did I wrong ?
755 17 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CCQD8rTkZ2X6
lvl.1
Austria

Hello, I have a big issue with my DJI Mavic Mini (2weeks old).
In each video that I have uploaded on YouTube, the video is jerky when i`m watching it on the TV?
On the Ipad or MacBook, the video runs clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d98aQwhtKD0&t=1s

What did I wrong ?
I edit my Videos with an IPad 6.Generation with LumaFusion and I also use a SanDisk Extreme Card (128gb) for my Mavic Mini.
I filmed in 1080 HD, 25fps (Shutter 1/50) and 2.7k, 30 fps (Shutter 1/60) and uploaded the video in the same settings.
I`m not using nd-filters.
Do you have any recommendation for that problem?
Or is anything wrong with my drone?
I`m looking forward to your answer.
Best regards

2020-5-7
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Sadly I can't give you any advice with this "problem" but I can tell you that my footage looks exactly the same very often.
Maybe play around with the new manual video settings and check if this makes it smoother? Try a 1/50 Shutter Speed, maybe you're lucky. I didn't have time to test the manual video settings yet but on Auto Mode we're in the same boat...
2020-5-7
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

In each video that I have uploaded on YouTube, the video is jerky when i`m watching it on the TV?

How are you playing the videos on the TV, I have a YT player built in to my TV and it sometimes plays some videos badly, others fine, I also have an Octocore Android box and have no issues with that.

2020-5-7
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I get the same jerky playback when I view your video on my laptop (decent spec).

Must be something to do with the formatting in the editor software if it plays ok on Apple devices
2020-5-7
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

I see no issues with the YouTube video. Plays smooth for me. Although I will say it’s impossible for you to be shooting at the settings you say you’re shooting at without ND Filters in that light.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_CCQD8rTkZ2X6
lvl.1
Austria

Mizzu Posted at 5-7 04:13
Sadly I can't give you any advice with this "problem" but I can tell you that my footage looks exactly the same very often.
Maybe play around with the new manual video settings and check if this makes it smoother? Try a 1/50 Shutter Speed, maybe you're lucky. I didn't have time to test the manual video settings yet but on Auto Mode we're in the same boat...

i have already tried other manual settings today and I always have  the same problem :/.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_CCQD8rTkZ2X6
lvl.1
Austria

J04DAN Posted at 5-7 05:39
I see no issues with the YouTube video. Plays smooth for me. Although I will say it’s impossible for you to be shooting at the settings you say you’re shooting at without ND Filters in that light.

Did you watch it on your TV ? Yeah you are right, on this video I have a much higher shutter (approximately 1/800) but today I have tried with the settings I told and have exactly the same quality when playback on the TV.
is it possible that my iPad isn't compatible for that ?
2020-5-7
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

if you're talking about that fast stutter you're seeing especially when panning left to right, it's because of your very fast shutter speed. You need to get some ND filters to be able to lower them. Without them, your videos are basically just very fast slideshows.
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_CCQD8rTkZ2X6
lvl.1
Austria

crash1sttime Posted at 5-7 04:13
In each video that I have uploaded on YouTube, the video is jerky when i`m watching it on the TV?

Thx for your advice. I have a LG (55") and I playback the videos with a pre-installed YouTube App on the TV.

The drone would be useless, if this jerky quality were normal on YouTube..
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_CCQD8rTkZ2X6
lvl.1
Austria

Ice_2k Posted at 5-7 07:36
if you're talking about that fast stutter you're seeing especially when panning left to right, it's because of your very fast shutter speed. You need to get some ND filters to be able to lower them. Without them, your videos are basically just very fast slideshows.

I know in this case I think the fast shutter is the reason. Today I tried 30fps 1/60 (1080 and 2.7k) and got the same jerky results.
Oke, so it looks like that it isn`t possible to upload videos on YouTube, with a smooth quality without nd filters.
2020-5-7
Use props
Thalisbl
lvl.4
United Kingdom

In my pc the youtube video plays quite well...I would say that it is a great footage...the only issue is when you go from dark to light areas there is some artifacts but I presume this is due to compression from editing and prepare the video for youtube. Apart from this I cannot see jerky results.
2020-5-7
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

If you dont like result when your footage filmed at lower framerates, try to use 50 or 60 fps next time. This will solves your stuttering problems
2020-5-7
Use props
Phil4444
lvl.1
Austria

I will try, thanks for your answers  
2020-5-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I don't have a big tv to play it on, but your video plays nicely on my not very adequate laptop. I see a little bit of overcompression in the leaves in spots, but I think that's a yewtewb thing.

Pan slowly. Panning is where I get my worst shots. (I fly a spark)
2020-5-7
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Are you sure you are using 1/50 Shutter? The picture looks way too dark for a reasonable ISO wihout ND filters.
2020-5-7
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It sounds like a frame rate issue. Difference in the frame rate the footage is taken and the TV display frame rate. I don't know the specific model of tv you have but try filming in 24fps. That is a common frame rate for average tv's.
2020-5-7
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ok, I replied earlier and said it was jerky, just tried again and it was perfect (great video)

Maybe a Youtube thing, it takes a while for the video to be processed to HD and then disseminated to servers around the world
2020-5-7
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I can quickly prompt you to the macroscopic video envelope problem that might arise from mixing videos with two different speeds.

There is no standard widely adopted video envelope (that I know of) to date that can mix different frame rates.

You should concentrate on a frame rate that is compatibile with your workflow. 24 fps can be easily sped up to 25 fps, and vice versa. 30fps si the almost ubiquitous standard of Internet videos (independent of region standard), I'd pick that above everything else.
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules