Are sells prohibited without UA label in EU after july 1st?
2133 29 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WsiXvLRAxQxV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

I have a few questions.

(I also have a problem finding and understanding the english information provided at https://www.easa.europa.eu/ and https://eur-lex.europa.eu/ )

If I read on:
https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/luftfart/Luftfartyg-och-luftvardighet/dronare/
https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/luftfart/Luftfartyg-och-luftvardighet/dronare/nya-regler-fran-1-juli-2020/overgangsregler/

It say that if I today and before july 1st buy a drone that has no classification I can use it for a period of time, 2 years.

I am also interpretating that after the new rules are in place (Juli 1st) it is not allowed to sell or import drones that do not have a classification.

Quote from https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg_del/2019/945/oj

Article 9

Obligations of distributors

2.   Before making a product available on the market, distributors shall verify that the product bears the CE marking and, when applicable, the UA class identification label and the indication of the sound power level, is accompanied by the documents referred to in paragraphs 7 and 8 of Article 6 and that the manufacturer and the importer have complied with the requirements set out in paragraphs 5 and 6 of Article 6 and in paragraph 3 of Article 8).
Distributors shall ensure that the product is accompanied by the manual and information notice required by Parts 1 to 6 of the Annex in a language which can be easily understood by consumers and other end-users, as determined by the Member State concerned. That manual and information notice, as well as any labelling, shall be clear, understandable and legible.
Where a distributor considers or has reason to believe that a product is not in conformity with the requirements set out in Article 4, he shall not make the product available on the market until it has been brought into conformity. Furthermore, where the product presents a risk, the distributor shall inform the manufacturer or the importer to that effect, as well as the competent market surveillance authorities.

Does this mean that after july 1st the Maveric Air 2 can no longer be sold in EU

2020-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Please rest assured that it can be sold in the EU before or after the release of the new CE certification.
Actually none of the electronic products can do the CE Certification until the CE standard is released.
According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means we can use Mavic air 2 as usual. Two years after the release of the new policy, our drone can continue to fly in the airspace under the old CE standard. For airspace flight under the new CE standard, you need to use it under the relevant government operating guidelines.
2020-5-7
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 19:49
Hi, there. Please rest assured that it can be sold in the EU before or after the release of the new CE certification.
Actually none of the electronic products can do the CE Certification until the CE standard is released.
According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means we can use Mavic air 2 as usual. Two years after the release of the new policy, our drone can continue to fly in the airspace under the old CE standard. For airspace flight under the new CE standard, you need to use it under the relevant government operating guidelines.

It is not exact, I saw a video of a low-cost drone already on the market weighing less than 250 grams with the brand -0-
2020-5-7
Use props
bluebubble
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Renato61 Posted at 5-7 22:18
It is not exact, I saw a video of a low-cost drone already on the market weighing less than 250 grams with the brand -0-

really?how come. The new rule has not released yet. I never saw one. can you give a link of the video?  
2020-5-7
Use props
DenisJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406867 ft
Slovenia

According to the conclusion given by our legal affairs, even after the new policy is launched, the products currently on the market will have a product protection period of two years, which means we can use Mavic air 2 as usual. Two years after the release of the new policy, our drone can continue to fly in the airspace under the old CE standard. For airspace flight under the new CE standard, you need to use it under the relevant government operating guidelines.
You just confirmed nobody should buy Mavic Air 2 and go for Mini instead in EU?!
2020-5-8
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

Renato61 Posted at 5-7 22:18
It is not exact, I saw a video of a low-cost drone already on the market weighing less than 250 grams with the brand -0-

While you might be right we should be aware of that the regular CE mark have been used wrongly in the context that product that do not need the CE mark have had the mark. And done so by low-cost manufacturers.

It is not allowed to mark products with CE if it is not demanded by the product type.

And for me it would not be a surprise if that also applies to the UA label and today the rules do not require it.

But I can't find anything that would tell me how it is by browsing the english EU sites, and not by browsing the swedish EU sites.
2020-5-8
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

That should mean that in a 1½ month we will not see the MAV AIR 2 (regardless of actual model number) being sold with an AU label (Cx)?
The AU label i something that you in that case would add during the coming 2 years and not the close future, 1 -2 months?
2020-5-8
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

A good question could be :
'Is it in the DJI's plans to certify (whatever when) the MA2 according the new CE standard ?'
2020-5-8
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

castormalin Posted at 5-8 06:26
A good question could be :
'Is it in the DJI's plans to certify (whatever when) the MA2 according the new CE standard ?'

There are alot of questions.

My concerns is:

• That if I buy the drone now and it arrives next week or the week after that and come July 1st, or even august 1st, there will be a UA labeled drone on the market.
or
  • That if I buy the drone now and it arrives next week or the week after that and come december 1st there will be a UA labeled drone on the market.

The first situation would for me be alot more disappointing than the second one.

And if it would be forbidden to have the Mav Air 2 on the EU market july 1st without the UA label the probability for the first situation would be high(?).

(When I write AU I mean UA.)
2020-5-8
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello DJI Gamora
we still have some questions that are not answered :
  • Air 2 C1 certification: If/When the -C1- mark will be put on new batches, the pre-sale units will be updated as well?
    Would the C1 certification be retroactive to units already on the market and a -C1- mark sent to Air2 owners who bought first units?
  • The protection period , yes we have it but who will buy Air 2 with no -C1- mark to have it declassified as a legacy drone immediately... remember that Air2 weights 570gr so without -C1- it will go to A3C3 not A1C1 in the protection period.
    It can just fly far from everything....

Could you please make a clear statement on the above questions?
Thanks

2020-5-10
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

brusa69 Posted at 5-10 01:23
Hello DJI Gamora
we still have some questions that are not answered :

I think someone already posted that it wont be possible to do it backwards.

On one hand they are saying that they "DJI" are involved in "talks"
and something about remote ID
So "maybe" You will register with DJI and get online ID that will be working as CE mark

On other hand
Look at their answers!
All same!
Basically what they are saying or All they are saying is that you will be able to use MA2 for another 2yrs.
but No mention what then, so that makes me think MA2 was just huge SCAM.

But there might be another option.
Lawsuit from users/customers.

We will have to wait and see and hope that EU will show some sympathy and allow some products
to be marked as new.
imagine you buy product before some new regulation "just month" and you will be affected?
seem bit too hard.

anyway i bought it and LOVE IT.
Air sense for me is useless.
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193970 ft
United Kingdom

MICHAL01 Posted at 6-5 15:04
I think someone already posted that it wont be possible to do it backwards.

On one hand they are saying that they "DJI" are involved in "talks"

Just need to do a bit of research on the new European Regulations. There’s a pretty good explanatory document issued by the CAA.

Legacy drones can continue to fly in the A2 category until June 2022, and the A3 category thereafter.
So A3 = far away from people and 150m away from commercial or residential areas.
I’ve researched in detail so any questions please ask.
2020-6-6
Use props
fans789ca457
lvl.3
Flight distance : 680302 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Will we ever see MA2 with a C1–label? Or should we wait to buy a new drone next year if as I want to fly  in C1 categorie the coming years.
2020-6-6
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

fans789ca457 Posted at 6-6 09:18
Will we ever see MA2 with a C1–label? Or should we wait to buy a new drone next year if as I want to fly  in C1 categorie the coming years.

In addition to the lack of airsense, this uncertainty is the main reason why many people are not buying the MA2 now. The current MA2 will probably not get a label, but maybe a future "MA2.1". But nobody knows that exactly.
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

They might give MA2 cert. After.
If it will comply with all rules and restrictions there is no logical reason Not to gove it cert. Ot will be then pure discrimination.
DJI were also talking something about remote ID so that might be another option.

You can do research but new regulation is still not been set so still not finished!

Basically another true is that How can you make something with exact specs if you still dont really and fully know how its going to be?

Air Sensw is complete joke.
Of you know how to fly and actually Really Read it you would know you should always have view of your drone . . . . .
You will need to be complete I dont know a retard not to see a freaking plane or heli flying near.
2020-6-6
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When Europe is ready, there will probably be no more replacement batteries ...
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MICHAL01 Posted at 6-6 10:13
They might give MA2 cert. After.
If it will comply with all rules and restrictions there is no logical reason Not to gove it cert. Ot will be then pure discrimination.
DJI were also talking something about remote ID so that might be another option.

This is wrong.
The CAA have already said that it’s not possible to retrospectively certify a product already on the market. This applies to anything with a CE mark.

Take a look on Google for CAP1789: The EU UAS Regulation Package – Outline

8. Can an existing UAS be ‘retrospectively marked’ with a ‘C’ Class from 1 November 2020 (e.g. will my 3kg drone will become a ‘C2 Class’ aircraft)?
No, this is completely wrong! The ‘CE’ Class markings do not work retrospectively. So, a current 3kg aircraft, for example, will never become a C2 model; it will only ever be ‘a legacy unmanned aircraft that weighs 3kg’. In the same fashion, a current 800g aircraft will not become a C1 model; it is just ‘a legacy unmanned aircraft that weighs 800...

So as I said above, after July 2022 you’ll only be able to fly the legacy drone in A3. A2 in the transition period with an a2 CoC.

The regulations are finalised, just not yet enforced.
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

If they will be already finalised, then they wpnt postpon them and just realease it already.

CAA is only for UK.
So for rest of EU there is still hope.

But think about this.
If your drone will comply with all new regulations.
Either manufactor should object or also users.

Because that clearly IS disrcrimination.

Its like when they came with that crap for diesel cars.....
Not all were banned in cities that went for it.

Im not solicitor but to me legaly, this aint ok.

So what, all companies will have to stop making drones for lets say a year before that?
You know what I mean?
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

If they will be already finalised, then they wpnt postpon them and just realease it already.

CAA is only for UK.
So for rest of EU there is still hope.

But think about this.
If your drone will comply with all new regulations.
Either manufactor should object or also users.

Because that clearly IS disrcrimination.

Its like when they came with that crap for diesel cars.....
Not all were banned in cities that went for it.

Im not solicitor but to me legaly, this aint ok.

So what, all companies will have to stop making drones for lets say a year before that?
You know what I mean?
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I get where you’re coming from and agree it isn’t fair. It’s how EU legislation works unfortunately.

I work in medicines regulation, so I’m familiar with how EU regulations and directives work. Regulations are agreed, and then there is an implementation period. At the moment, it’s just the implementation date that has been postponed due to Covid (they’ve delayed many implementations in other areas too). The legal text has been written, agreed, and signed off. It’s just a matter of when, not if. CAA whilst not in the EU, will be adopting the new rules so won’t be too different in EU.

DJI will be fully aware of this, but ask yourself this - why would DJI fight for someone to use a legacy drone in 2 years time? Would it not be better commercially to have everyone purchase a new drone that complies to the standards?

As I said, you’ll still be able to fly your drone in the A3 subcategory, which is away from people and 150m away from congested areas. That isn’t much different to today.
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

There is another saying about drones already out and comply.
Fallong to class C4
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

BTW.
If the App wont block you. How would they know if u comply?
Stay away and then fly closer.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MICHAL01 Posted at 6-6 22:44
There is another saying about drones already out and comply.
Fallong to class C4

If they’re classified as C4, would make absolutely no difference, as you can only fly in category A3 with a C4 drone. The same as a legacy drone.

If the approach is “how will they find out”, I’m not sure why you’re worried about the new regulations.

If you’re flying as a hobby, flying in A3 shouldn’t be that different to what you do now i.e. keep at least 50m away from people, not flying over or near congested areas etc.
2020-6-6
Use props
MICHAL01
lvl.2
Ireland

Well I have Mavic Air 2.
But also Mini, which I was goong to sell, but not now anymore.
2020-6-6
Use props
crindeblad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 680302 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L Posted at 6-6 22:32
I get where you’re coming from and agree it isn’t fair. It’s how EU legislation works unfortunately.

I work in medicines regulation, so I’m familiar with how EU regulations and directives work. Regulations are agreed, and then there is an implementation period. At the moment, it’s just the implementation date that has been postponed due to Covid (they’ve delayed many implementations in other areas too). The legal text has been written, agreed, and signed off. It’s just a matter of when, not if. CAA whilst not in the EU, will be adopting the new rules so won’t be too different in EU.

Here you can see Dji EU  DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY.
https://www.dji.com/se/euro-compliance

For the MA2 it was signe 9 april 2020 for the old regulation.  After january 1 2021 all drones sold in EU most have a Cx-label. (EU) 2019/945 (.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg_del/2019/945/oj

So we can expect a hole lot of new drones the coming half year I guess.
2020-6-13
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Sweden

MICHAL01 Posted at 6-6 22:49
BTW.
If the App wont block you. How would they know if u comply?
Stay away and then fly closer.

Like in many other situations, rules and regulations are put in place to give the authorities a possibility to to act.

Like when you are speeding with your car, the police can act upon that because there is a law that gives them mandate to do so.

If you would be flying close to people without certification, with a drone that aren't allowed to, then the authority can act upon that against you.
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_DYKNlrtSGqFH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5866 ft

Italy

Hi, are there any news for the CE A1C1 label class marking for the Dji Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S?  thank you  
2021-4-18
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Still no change.
I think DJI will not care about the MA2 anymore after the release of the Air 2 S.
2021-4-18
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

djiuser_P7qd9DBBgb3L Posted at 2020-6-6 14:30
This is wrong.
The CAA have already said that it’s not possible to retrospectively certify a product already on the market. This applies to anything with a CE mark.

In Poland, ULC uses a presentation at an official conference that includes the following presentation:

dro.jpg

so there is hope ...

Now it all depends on DJI.

2021-4-18
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 4-18 11:33
In Poland, ULC uses a presentation at an official conference that includes the following presentation:

[view_image]
[Image]

Interesting that slide is using C3 in both cases not a C1 or 2.  I wont be investing more until classification is being applied to DJI or other options for that matter. Its a personal choice but I have aircraft some have no choice if they want to gets info flying.  The ideal scenario would be the mythical pro3 under 900g & C1 marked the variable aperture is on my next option wishlist & an increase in sensor res could be on the cards regardless of name on the aircraft.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules