2846 12 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114505 ft
United States

Good evening,

This is my first forum post.  I have been away due to work and had not used my phantom 2 vision plus for about 2.5 years.  I am having a calibration problem and it keeps saying calibration failed when i use the app.  I make sure that both S1/S2 buttons are up and i am using it in phantom mode.  I get the green light during the horizontal test, but during the vertical test, the light goes straight into yellow blinking mode after i finish the full 360.  I don't get a quick green flashing light or anything else like the videos I have researched.  I only get the slow blinking yellow light.  I eventually get 7/8 GPS connections and says ready to fly after finding a home point.  

My main issue is that the app keeps saying calibration failed and i am afraid to lose this drone.  I installed a new GPS puck and new anti-static compass on it today and it still fails the calibration test on the app.  I don't know what to do at this point and supportive information would be appreciated.  I emailed DJI and never got a response.  Thank you.
2020-5-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha MM,

Here is a link for Phantom Help  --  Phantomhelp.com

The P2 Vision Plus is one of the Phantoms listed in the pulldown menu in the upper left.  Plenty good stuff there.

Below is the diagram for the P2V+ Compass Calibration;

Note that the nose of the Phantom is facing down in the vertical rotation.  Also, the calibration starts with five flips (between Position 1 and Position 3) and then if it fails, only one flip and start over.  Be careful, because some people confuse the switch flip at the bottom for the re-calibration with a switch flipping between horizontal and vertical rotations.  Do not flip the S1 switch between rotations.  BTW, I do not know what position the S2 switch should be in but I also do not remember it being flipped like the S1 switch.

I have also included a link for the P2V+ Manual, very helpful .pdf.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.8_en.pdf

Hope this helps!  Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-7 22:59
Aloha MM,

Here is a link for Phantom Help  --  Phantomhelp.com

Thank you very much for your help.  I have seen this diagram and I am not getting the red/yellow FAIL flashing but the app says calibration failed.  Under the Succeed it says normal LED, but the manual doesn't mention slow blinking yellow as the normal LED to successfully calibrate the drone.  I have tried to recalibrate numerous times away from any metal interference and the app never says successful calibration.  I will look at the links you provided, Thank You.
2020-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MM.Flyer Posted at 5-8 12:41
Thank you very much for your help.  I have seen this diagram and I am not getting the red/yellow FAIL flashing but the app says calibration failed.  Under the Succeed it says normal LED, but the manual doesn't mention slow blinking yellow as the normal LED to successfully calibrate the drone.  I have tried to recalibrate numerous times away from any metal interference and the app never says successful calibration.  I will look at the links you provided, Thank You.

Aloha MM,

You mention a new "GPS puck" and new "anti-static compass".  Are either or both of these installed on the P2?  If so try remove them and then try another calibration.  The compass is very sensitive and they would more than likely interfere with the calibration.

BTW, the DJI GPS and Compass for the P2 series work very well.  Believe me, the P2 series was no walk in the park compared to the newer DJI products.  You are among many who may have been mystified.

Stay safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If I may add a comment...

Normal LED means the rear lamps should be as you would expect them to be.  That doesn't necessarily mean they would be green.  If you have adequate satellites and GPS, they would flash green.  If they had inadequate satellites and no GPS, they would flash slow yellow.  So from your description, it sounds like you are getting a successful calibration and immediately afterwards you had less than 6 sats.  So slow flashing yellow would be correct.  I can't comment on why your screen says calibration failed.  I never look at the screen when I do a P2 calibration.  If you're worried, launch and hover.  If it does a slow circle, you need to calibrate.  If not, you don't.  Good luck.
2020-5-8
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-8 14:04
Aloha MM,

You mention a new "GPS puck" and new "anti-static compass".  Are either or both of these installed on the P2?  If so try remove them and then try another calibration.  The compass is very sensitive and they would more than likely interfere with the calibration.

Aloha,

I tried several failed calibrations with a combination of new and old pieces and never passed.  Right now both the new Gps and anti-static compass landing gear are installed.
2020-5-8
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-8 14:40
If I may add a comment...

Normal LED means the rear lamps should be as you would expect them to be.  That doesn't necessarily mean they would be green.  If you have adequate satellites and GPS, they would flash green.  If they had inadequate satellites and no GPS, they would flash slow yellow.  So from your description, it sounds like you are getting a successful calibration and immediately afterwards you had less than 6 sats.  So slow flashing yellow would be correct.  I can't comment on why your screen says calibration failed.  I never look at the screen when I do a P2 calibration.  If you're worried, launch and hover.  If it does a slow circle, you need to calibrate.  If not, you don't.  Good luck.

Thank you Mark.  I am frustrated but plan on flying it the next time it's nice up here in PA.  The APP used to tell me it was successful a few years ago but not anymore.  I am just afraid of a "Fly away."
2020-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MM.Flyer Posted at 5-8 15:18
Aloha,

I tried several failed calibrations with a combination of new and old pieces and never passed.  Right now both the new Gps and anti-static compass landing gear are installed.

Aloha MM,

Are these direct, DJI part, replacements?  Installed inside the body of the Phantom?  Clipped or soldered in place?

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-8
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-8 16:01
Aloha MM,

Are these direct, DJI part, replacements?  Installed inside the body of the Phantom?  Clipped or soldered in place?

These are authentic DJI replacement items.  The GPS was installed inside of the top of the shell like the other one removed and the anti-static landing pad was plugged in exactly where the grey cord was removed.  It is successfully calibrating the horizontal movement and showing green, just not the vertical.  I will try to fly it Sunday and see if it hovers in place.  I am just afraid of a fly away scenario.  None of these parts required clipping or soldering, just plug in.
2020-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MM.Flyer Posted at 5-8 16:08
These are authentic DJI replacement items.  The GPS was installed inside of the top of the shell like the other one removed and the anti-static landing pad was plugged in exactly where the grey cord was removed.  It is successfully calibrating the horizontal movement and showing green, just not the vertical.  I will try to fly it Sunday and see if it hovers in place.  I am just afraid of a fly away scenario.  None of these parts required clipping or soldering, just plug in.

Aloha MM,

Good news.  So you are "More talented than the average bear!" as Yogi Bear would say.  If the problem continues, you may want to reinstall the firmware.  As I recall, that was the only easy thing to do with the P2 series.  Unfortunately, the P2 Series is very much a legacy series.

Look at Phantom Help.  As I recall, Mike Singer is the proprietor and very helpful in his own right.  He is a moderator in his Phantom Help Forum.  He has a relatively fast response.  The easiest way to find a link to him is at the bottom of the "Start Here" menu choice.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MM.Flyer Posted at 5-8 15:20
Thank you Mark.  I am frustrated but plan on flying it the next time it's nice up here in PA.  The APP used to tell me it was successful a few years ago but not anymore.  I am just afraid of a "Fly away."

Aloha MM,

BTW, Mark is a good source.  I would follow his advice in a heartbeat.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-8
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-8 17:54
Aloha MM,

BTW, Mark is a good source.  I would follow his advice in a heartbeat.

Thanks to you and Mark.  I will research and find the procedure to reinstall the firmware and give that a try tomorrow and update the forum.  Mahalo
2020-5-8
Use props
MM.Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Hello all, just an update.  So I still failed my calibration tests but attached my 25 foot dog leash and was able to hover in place.  I was able to get up to 11 gps satellites connected.  Thanks for all the help and solutions you all provided.  Stay safe.
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules