o(^-^)o
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_vXaZFjXftu5V Posted at 5-10 03:48
Hi all,

I made the update to the firmware v500 and started giving an error "Motor Speed ​​Error" in the rear left ... I restarted the drone and after a few minutes gave the same error in the right rear ... I changed all the propellers and the continuous error of this one time it gave error in 3 engines, they started to beep and to make small movements ... I am a novice with drones, but in my opinion the problem is not in the propellers or in the engines, but in software (firmware), I think it is detecting small oscillations in the engines and this is causing this problem. Propellers may have influence but it is not the cause.

Totally Agreed
2020-5-18
Use props
karl.jamesblueyonder.co.uk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45906 ft
United Kingdom

dronespilot Posted at 5-7 23:25
Thank you for provide information about the issue.

Although I see this notification as an advantage, I still believe it should be retested as so many Mavic Mini pilots have reported issues. I believe DJI should ensure the notification regarding the props is accurate.

Good point. Switched props and got no error message?? Could someone else from DJI enlighten us please?
2020-5-19
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

karl.jamesblueyonder.co.uk Posted at 5-19 03:37
Good point. Switched props and got no error message?? Could someone else from DJI enlighten us please?

No error since I changed them. I have not had a chance to fly after that time.
2020-5-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

As expected on today’s flight ! Motor speed error on the back left ! Lots of jerky movements appearing (will upload video later ! ) esc error so followed everyone else’s issue the same ! Drone disconnected and came home and landed safely ! Manipulated the blades with my thumbs to create more of a bend on the blade to create more lift ! 2 more flights of 15 minutes no issues ! Apart from strong wind warnings! Dji have bricked the 0500 update ! Let’s hope they get another update Into the pipeline quickly! If dji want me to change my props after a software update that throws up multiple errors ! They can send me a set FOC. Dji pull your fingers out and start giving owners the service we deserve !
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_whNPjvZHa34Q
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yep. I’m getting the same after the last update. Rear left prop/motor. I’ve just installed the latest updates for both the firmware and battery management hoping this would be corrected but no the problem persists. Prop and motor appear fine and there have been no mishaps or crashes that could have caused the error to be generated. I’d like to add that the error message began appearing straight away on the first flight after installing the update.
2020-5-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_whNPjvZHa34Q Posted at 5-19 07:19
Yep. I’m getting the same after the last update. Rear left prop/motor. I’ve just installed the latest updates for both the firmware and battery management hoping this would be corrected but no the problem persists. Prop and motor appear fine and there have been no mishaps or crashes that could have caused the error to be generated. I’d like to add that the error message began appearing straight away on the first flight after installing the update.

dji are throwing up a smoke screen ! now whilst i understand the update may include a part of the software that sesses when motors are spinning faster than they should ! it shouldnt be that sensitive that it starts bringing in other errors! i may yet step the software back to 0400 and see if that makes any difference ! apart from that the video i got off the mini today was actually pretty good. if you like green fields and woods! Few jerky movements during flight but maybe that was a change in directing and was hit by a gust of wind.

The video shortened as it came off the drone today ! seems to be the gimbal at first look

2020-5-19
Use props
Daniel Mitrea
lvl.1

Romania

Thanks for the info!
2020-5-20
Use props
md7547134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81890 ft
United Kingdom

Erm I'm getting this issue even after the props are changed... Very annoying on a drone that has flown about 3 times. Muct we a firmware issue that needs to be fixed.
2020-5-20
Use props
md7547134
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81890 ft
United Kingdom

Also my controller will not stop beeping, charged it turned it off and on to no avail. can you please tell me what could be the issue?
2020-5-20
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

Thanks guys! I just had this error
2020-5-20
Use props
NZJ
New
Flight distance : 90623 ft
New Zealand

I have just updated the fw & attempted to fly it but got same motor speed error, signifying issue with left rear.  Propeller "looks" fine.  :-(
2020-5-20
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

NZJ Posted at 5-20 20:49
I have just updated the fw & attempted to fly it but got same motor speed error, signifying issue with left rear.  Propeller "looks" fine.  :-(

same here , im thinking in a FW Roll back ......  , no problems in previous FW
2020-5-20
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I have downloaded a previous firmware version, goodbye at 24 Fps, but most importantly goodbye to the annoying motor error messages ...... I do not plan to change any blade since they are in perfect condition

Automatic firmware update disabled ..for ever
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

md7547134@gmail Posted at 5-20 06:02
Also my controller will not stop beeping, charged it turned it off and on to no avail. can you please tell me what could be the issue?

Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware.
2020-5-21
Use props
bablefish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191001 ft
United Kingdom

Just thought I would add to this thread.

I received a replacement Mini today.  took it out the box and I'm getting the error on the rear left motor.

Total flying time under 4 mins.

2020-5-21
Use props
aboutphototravel
lvl.3
Germany

Dear DJI Team, reading through the feed still triggers the following questions: 1) Why do you design a case that is unsafe for transportation, potentially ruining the propeller? 2) Why is it for 99% of all owners always the rear left rotor? 3) why does the message still come back, even if you replace the propeller with original ones and 4) how can it be it happens to new drones, hardly ever flown? To be honest, all this together, it is simply hard to believe, that the drone detects a fault propeller. Beside all this it takes away a lot of fun when flying this little lightweight. Thanks for your response beforehand.
2020-5-21
Use props
aboutphototravel
lvl.3
Germany

Would like to add to my previous post, drone is 4 weeks old, no issues until FW upgrade, propellers were in perfect condition - visibly - and despite replacement error comes back. Not only costly over time, but also very very annoying....
2020-5-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

aboutphototravel Posted at 5-21 13:14
Would like to add to my previous post, drone is 4 weeks old, no issues until FW upgrade, propellers were in perfect condition - visibly - and despite replacement error comes back. Not only costly over time, but also very very annoying....

DJI are clutching at straws and everyone following their advice blindly! whilst i agree props that have been flattened would cause a surge in speed hence triggering the error, but how come everyones drone is suffering with the same motor! it a Firmware issue! and dji know it! hopefully they will sort the issue out in the next update! In the meantime ive manipulated the props and no more errors! Why do i get the feeling dji are trying to sell as many props as they can mm?
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_RgcFgxAlhpJc
New
Flight distance : 22283 ft
United Kingdom

So my MM arrived on 05-12 and I've flown for a total of 1.65h according to DJI Fly App. I am now getting a motor speed error message for the past three flight attempts. Props are good as new. It's the rear of the drone thats beeping when I land the drone. Has anyone been successful in returning their Mavic Mini for a refund or replacement. Or have I just paid over £450 to live in fear each time I fly it, just wondering if it's going to fall out the sky. I ordered mine from Very in the UK. As a beginner this is putting me off wanting to upgrade as per my original intentions.
2020-5-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

bablefish Posted at 5-21 11:51
Just thought I would add to this thread.

I received a replacement Mini today.  took it out the box and I'm getting the error on the rear left motor.

Its all a smoke screen from DJI that proves that the ball is back in dji,s court ! everyone knows its the firmware update ! like normal damage limitation excersise from dji.
2020-5-21
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_RgcFgxAlhpJc Posted at 5-21 14:20
So my MM arrived on 05-12 and I've flown for a total of 1.65h according to DJI Fly App. I am now getting a motor speed error message for the past three flight attempts. Props are good as new. It's the rear of the drone thats beeping when I land the drone. Has anyone been successful in returning their Mavic Mini for a refund or replacement. Or have I just paid over £450 to live in fear each time I fly it, just wondering if it's going to fall out the sky. I ordered mine from Very in the UK. As a beginner this is putting me off wanting to upgrade as per my original intentions.

dji simply have to get the firmware sorted ! stop adding bits until they have got the bits working that should be! so whether they have added alarm perameters or set them too sensitive who knows ! but i do know the mini was flying fine before the 0500 update!
2020-5-21
Use props
prosens
New
Flight distance : 434045 ft
Austria

Hello everybody,

i also have an issue with the new update and i think the probleme is that the drone doesn`t update the batteries when you switch them...

i tried to update the drone with each batterie individuelly and also the remote with DJI Assistent 2 For Mavic...

if that doesn`t do the catch, i will go back to the previous version...
2020-5-21
Use props
nntom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548734 ft

United States

Cannot read everything, but seeing fallings on YouTube made me not buying Mm. With my Spark (I have sold  because MM came) never had one problem!!! Fallings, droppings, broken  props replaced by cheapest from eBay, and never had one error. Flying 500 high with not a single problem, flying in stormy weather, not a single problem. I think  bad props are not a problem. I suspect motors are bad. With MM I'd fly everytime with fear.
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_RXLKvcxGUAmh
New
Flight distance : 392874 ft
Canada

So I got the error the other day. Had almost new props (factory from fly more kit) installed so did not change them. Did a refresh on the FW and did a recalibrate on IMU. No problems after that.
2020-5-23
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 5-7 20:08
Thank You DJI support... personally I wouldn't rely on users to check if the propellers are bent or even (wondering what's intended) straighten them out, because I've seen this already happening when the users identify propellers as good even when they are not and insist that the firmware is faulty up to the point of downgrading to the next previous version that didn't have the safety motor speed control.

The best advice I could personally give to those that have the "Motor speed error" is to just replace the propellers and keep replacing them for every propeller that is being flagged by software.
[Image]

Judt bought Mavic Mini and have the same error at the first flight - left rear motor. Looks like we have to return the drones.
2020-5-24
Use props
HEROMARINE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9646 ft
Russia

I bought brand new dji mavic mini drone. several take-offs with total 14 mins of flight and I got that "Motor Speed Error" for left rear leg. No wind, fly height just 6 meters.
Had to replace propellers. Checked once after I did this, no error so far. That is disappointing. Btw error not recorded in flight log you can check from within the application.
2020-5-24
Use props
HEROMARINE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9646 ft
Russia

HEROMARINE Posted at 5-24 11:13
I bought brand new dji mavic mini drone. several take-offs with total 14 mins of flight and I got that "Motor Speed Error" for left rear leg. No wind, fly height just 6 meters.
Had to replace propellers. Checked once after I did this, no error so far. That is disappointing. Btw error not recorded in flight log you can check from within the application.

Tested 40 mins after replacing propellers, with 25km/h wind - no errors or any warnings, battary life much better than last time, flew for 24 mins with 15% battery left. So it seems bad propellers after all. The problem is they were brand new from the box!
2020-5-26
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

HEROMARINE Posted at 5-26 09:49
Tested 40 mins after replacing propellers, with 25km/h wind - no errors or any warnings, battary life much better than last time, flew for 24 mins with 15% battery left. So it seems bad propellers after all. The problem is they were brand new from the box!

One way to be sure is to download your .DAT flight logs and look at motor speed. The warning may be oversensitive but really pick up some higher values in motor speed that are due to variation in quality of the props. To do so, please see the guide here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214023
2020-5-26
Use props
bablefish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have received the following information from DJI.

This should help when diagnosing the motor error.

Motor model: 1503
Motor type: brushless motor
Diameter: 18 mm
Kv: 2900 rpm / V
Hovering speed: 10200 rpm
Maximum speed: 15000 rpm
Rated power of single motor: 7.2 W
Maximum power of single motor: 23.8 W
Rated working voltage of single motor: 14.8 V

So when you do the hover test and the props are running at more than 10200 rpm then you know their is a potential problem.
2020-5-28
Use props
bablefish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

In order to protect your flight safety, we added the detection of abnormal motor speed in the V1.0.5 firmware version.

If such problems occur during flight, it is recommended that you first check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed.
If the deformation is serious or damaged It is recommended that you replace the entire pair of propellers on the corresponding motor first; if there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, it is recommended that you smooth the corresponding propellers before attempting; if the above operations are not tried multiple times, it is recommended that you send Back to detection processing.

At the same time, it is recommended that you refer to the following legend during daily storage. Pay particular attention to the placement of the propellers of the rear arm to ensure that the propellers are unfolded flush to avoid pressing the propellers during storage.

How should I save it at ordinary times and it will not be easy to deform the propellers?
When storing, try to place the propellers overlapping and parallel. When placing in the storage box, try not to press the protrusions in the middle of the storage box as much as possible. If convenient, you can use the cable tie to store the propellers for storage .

2020-5-28
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

bablefish Posted at 5-28 10:08
I have received the following information from DJI.

This should help when diagnosing the motor error.

Do you mean, it is DJI that sent you those specs and also suggested the hovering speed limits?
2020-5-28
Use props
bablefish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

zeb_ Posted at 5-28 11:19
Do you mean, it is DJI that sent you those specs and also suggested the hovering speed limits?

Yes the Prop speed have come from DJI tech support
2020-5-28
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

bablefish Posted at 5-28 11:26
Yes the Prop speed have come from DJI tech support

Thanks. Do they relate these figures with the triggering of the error then? Does that mean that the error is triggered when hovering speed is reached? Or the max speed?
2020-5-28
Use props
bablefish
lvl.1
United Kingdom

zeb_ Posted at 5-28 11:30
Thanks. Do they relate these figures with the triggering of the error then? Does that mean that the error is triggered when hovering speed is reached? Or the max speed?

My understanding is that when the props go over the max speed 15k RPM then that triggers the warning.

I do not know the exact speed, but if your props are exceeding 15K in flight then you have an issue.
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_4TMxdIH4lwy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15089 ft
United Kingdom

Brand new drone out of the box. After 4 short flights motor speed error comes up. Hardly a coincidence. Sort it out DJI
2020-5-28
Use props
Hackfaq\
New
Russia

Today I flied my mavic mini and it shows ESC error again after 10 minutes of flight, I landed it and it was beeping with strange movement of propeller, see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7b9r3fULoY

Also while flying it was moving left like it was wind ... something strange
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_kUVEvOLlj8xt
lvl.1

United States

Have had MM for four months.  Been thru many blades.  Two manufacturers. Some not from DJI.  Found both brands of blades can have some that interfere with aircraft at the tips on rear blades only. I have cut 0.01” from tips of rear blades to prevent contact with fuselage.  No problems now with over 50 flights since correcting interference. All firmware and app updated.
2020-5-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

bablefish Posted at 5-28 10:14
In order to protect your flight safety, we added the detection of abnormal motor speed in the V1.0.5 firmware version.

If such problems occur during flight, it is recommended that you first check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed.

DJI (??) support - "if there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage,  it is recommended that you smooth the corresponding propellers before  attempting;"

Assuming it is a quote from DJI Support, the "improper storage" is of DJI's own making.  The MM case requires props to be folded across body of Mavic Mini.  The rear arms are angled, causing blades on one side (or other) to be bent, flattened.  See picture below (credit to Zipb57).

Further as pointed out, DJI's case storing instruction label is wrong.  X = Bad
Which goes along with brand new owners of MM reporting "Motor Speed Error" right out of box.  MM was packed at factory to where blades are being bent / flattened.

Picture of how to store per DJI.  (curtsy of grahamjohnson)

Example of bent prop vs. good prop (credit SLiWooDy)

2020-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_kUVEvOLlj8xt Posted at 5-29 17:07
Have had MM for four months.  Been thru many blades.  Two manufacturers. Some not from DJI.  Found both brands of blades can have some that interfere with aircraft at the tips on rear blades only. I have cut 0.01” from tips of rear blades to prevent contact with fuselage.  No problems now with over 50 flights since correcting interference. All firmware and app updated.

So not only dji props, that says a lot.
2020-5-30
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Mini's left foot remains higher
when right.
I can't keep the propellers Dji as instructed.
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules