New Mavic Mini Safety Notification – “Motor Speed Error”
69518 318 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9nw5nFPWeId2
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 5-7 22:59
i have the fly more kit case but maybe the reason why i don't have the prop issue is because i never transport my drone in the case.  in fact, i have never folded my drone arms.  i added strobes to the arms and a strapped a beacon to the rear leg which does not permit folding.  these can come off but to me, they are semi-permanent.  everywhere i take my drone, it is open and flat.  not so inconvenient once you get used to it.  i can definitely see where getting use to over "handling" the drone will ultimately damage things.

Re strobes to the arms and a strapped a beacon to the rear leg is exactly what I intend to do.  May I ask your sources?
2020-7-18
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Hackfaq\ Posted at 5-29 02:11
Today I flied my mavic mini and it shows ESC error again after 10 minutes of flight, I landed it and it was beeping with strange movement of propeller, see video

Also while flying it was moving left like it was wind ... something strange

Just noticed your post - bit late probably to reply but my understanding of the strange movement of the propellor is to indicate which set of propellors/motor is the one creating the issue. That is what I read on another post so I expect it makes sense.
2020-7-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_9nw5nFPWeId2 Posted at 7-18 15:58
Re strobes to the arms and a strapped a beacon to the rear leg is exactly what I intend to do.  May I ask your sources?

sure, my setup is:

I have a red and a green strobe facing forward.  In the front, I choose to mount on the foot instead of the arm to keep away from the blade as much as possible.  At the rear, I mount on the arm; one white strobe.  Get your mounts from Aerial Pixel:  https://www.aerial-pixel.com/dro ... 9/category=42681052

the "dual" strobes are plenty bright but still the lightest for the mini, only the best from firehouse:  https://www.firehousetechnology. ... _Autel_Yuneec_.html

and then I attached a beacon to the rear leg using a zip tie.  https://www.viflydrone.com/viflybuzzer.html
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_25OqiaHmncV4
New

United States

Donsir_LTU Posted at 5-7 23:12
DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

I agree completely about the FW update likely causing false propellor rotation errors. I received my drone yesterday, unpacked it, and lifted off just barely above the house for a few minutes then landed. Today I updated firmware and then flew (again this would be the second flight ever with this drone) and now I’m getting the error message. The drone is literally brand new. The propellers appear to be perfect, and I doubt DJI folded then incorrectly before shipping this out. If I keep getting this error message despite making some minor adjustments then I’ll likely attempt to go back to the previous FW version
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_25OqiaHmncV4
New

United States

Deucalion Posted at 5-8 01:37
Well, this confirms what we knew, that the FW update was meant to warn about bad props that cause motors to overspeed, but it doesn't explain why brand new drones exhibit the issue.

EXACTLY! Did you move back to the previous version then?
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_25OqiaHmncV4
New

United States

UK01 Posted at 5-8 05:48
I have the error message using firmware .500.  I don't have the error message on .400 firmware.  I have a new drone.  How is it the storage?

Same here!! I hate the feeling of updating any software knowing that things were working perfectly fine beforehand. I immediately regretted updating to this new FW version
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_25OqiaHmncV4
New

United States

Digitalxxknife Posted at 7-4 12:28
I am getting this same ESC error code now after having flown MM since its release. Its notifying me of FRONT RIGHT propeller issue. I have changed both propellers with DJI brand Props and screws. I am "Refreshed" the firmware through assistant and I continue to get the Error code after 2-3 minutes of flight.

After trying bran new props and screws, Im wondering if its either the FIRMWARE update, or my motor is bad. Either way that same front right side is giving me the error.

It’s definitely the FW update.
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_OI2Fnmn233jN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1053783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

You right I have this problem at a brand new Mavic Mini and also rear left!!! This is a firmware problem!!!
Hope they will come soon with an update, you can't let hang all those Mavic Mini users!!!!
2020-7-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

Welcome to DJI....  I can tell you from my experience I had a fantastic ride with my DJI Spark falling from 70 meters high , crashing through tree branches, jumping in the air, testing max distance of 3 KM on OEM setup   while losing signal t the far end , flying in a temperature of 55 degree centigrade , flying with beach sand all over the housing of the SPARK, yet it just returned back with very good 1080p video. Even  during night flights !!  

DJI drones are rugged for sure..
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_4ysXAcJgHVra
New
Flight distance : 11053 ft
Colombia

¡Hola! Por alguna razón mi mavic mini perdio el control con 17 satélites y batería más del 50%, ¿Alguien me puede ayudar a entender que paso?

como puedo lograr el permisoara poner el link del registro de vuelo?
2020-7-23
Use props
Dredrift
lvl.1

Canada

I believe this warning came into effect with the latest update.

My first flight i received the warning message and immediately landed and checked all my propeller  screws.

To my surprise there was 1 screw not tightened all the way down. After tightening and making sure all the other 7 screws also tight which they were. (just that one screw wasn't tight)

Never had the issue after that
2020-7-24
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-8 00:47
Nice info but there is more to fix, well just my opinion!

I had a uncontrolled descent once, during this descend the 4 motors were spinning down, so it dropped height ofcourse. a height error in the DAT file.

JJB could this have been my problem has mine came down it is the fly more kit but only 4 flights old?
2020-7-25
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

it will be expensive to fly a mavic mini, mutant propellers, too changeable
2020-7-27
Use props
djiuser_ZWPVBQMaa3Cn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119954 ft
Netherlands

I think DJI does not want to recognise that they made a failure in firmware 500 since i give the update from 400 to 500 i had the same problem right away with both rear motors(twice left en once right).
Now they want us to believe tha its our fault we have to buy new props and we store them wrong.
Let them write new firmware because this one is very bad and gives DJI a bad name.
After i had the problem i did not fly the drone anymore and this 7pages of negatif complains does not help them and us.Can anyone give the procedure to downgrade the firmware on the drone ??
2020-7-27
Use props
dgovek1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126572 ft
United States

I had this error come up yesterday when it did I was not given a return to home option only land is this normal? I flew the very back and landed without trouble.Cronce told me to restart and restart the Mini and hover in place for five minutes have not had that ever come back cents.
2020-7-29
Use props
dgovek1
lvl.2
United States

I had this error come up yesterday when it did I was not given a return to home option only land is this normal? I flew the very back and landed without trouble.Cronce told me to restart and restart the Mini and hover in place for five minutes have not had that ever come back cents.
2020-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

dgovek1 Posted at 7-29 07:59
I had this error come up yesterday when it did I was not given a return to home option only land is this normal? I flew the very back and landed without trouble.Cronce told me to restart and restart the Mini and hover in place for five minutes have not had that ever come back cents.

Very short time, "yesterday" (aka less than day), to believe problem was resolved by hovering in place.

Have you looked at your flight log(s) at time problem occurred to see what four motor speeds were?
What about motor speeds from flight log(s) since?
2020-8-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 7-14 17:36
You need to be careful what you post to Hedgetrimmer he has been stalking me and others on this forum for over 3 years, stealing photographs from my social media defacing it and posting it back on this forum. Sending pm to other members with my personal information and encouraging them to do the same. He has recently been warned by dji and photos have been removed. But once again has restarted his campaign of personal stalking and passing on personal information about me by pm to others. Just be careful in your dealings with this guy.

Even for you, I have never seen more lies packed into one post...

If there was a version of a Pulitzer Prize for most false statements, this would be a contender...
2020-8-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

dubtastic Posted at 6-17 12:03
At this point I have no clue what you are complaining about.  Initially you said I was posting BS.  I merely shared that I had experienced the same issue with a new drone that so many here shared, which was the motor speed error.  If you take a minute to read my original post, you would also notice that I said I sent the drone back to DJI.  Maybe you missed that part because you "have so many posts".  The email I received from DJI listed "Power ESC Board Module" and also had a "repair service fee".  You can claim my statement is without foundation all you want but maybe the attached screenshot of the email itself will suffice.  I even highlighted it in yellow to make it easier to comprehend. All I was trying to do was let others know I had a similar issue and sent it back to DJI, got a notice from them of what was done, and then received a new drone.  There is no need to make this complicated.[view_image]

Just FYI, don't engage with HM007, he is completely off his rocker and not to be considered a legitimate source of information.

Good luck with your MM!

Cheers
2020-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 8-4 11:01
Even for you, I have never seen more lies packed into one post...

If there was a version of a Pulitzer Prize for most false statements, this would be a contender...

I see you’re still commenting wearing the wife’s camisole knickers.
2020-8-4
Use props
dgovek1
lvl.2
United States

mpwobbly Posted at 7-18 21:24
Just noticed your post - bit late probably to reply but my understanding of the strange movement of the propellor is to indicate which set of propellors/motor is the one creating the issue. That is what I read on another post so I expect it makes sense.

Thanks for the reply!  
2020-8-6
Use props
dgovek1
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 8-4 00:59
Very short time, "yesterday" (aka less than day), to believe problem was resolved by hovering in place.

Have you looked at your flight log(s) at time problem occurred to see what four motor speeds were?
I am very new at this and not sure where to find that.
2020-8-6
Use props
Roger S McNorton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259528 ft
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 5-15 07:39
Hello Roger, could you start a new thread about your drop?

A few of us could review your flight log to give you a deep dive on what happened, as a bonus if you still happen to have the .Dat file from that flight we could provide further information as to the cause.

Thank you, for your advice. My issue has been corrected, I think it was a propeller issue..
Not sure on the testing, with the Dat files, but will look into it.
Again, thanks for your concern.
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_sqwSv0bclRK7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127894 ft
France

Today I ran into this error. I was taking off from 1960 meters above sealevel so I already had the notification about that, and the fly with caution. I wanted to take an overview shot so I pushed the Mini up to 148 meters. The max flight altitude in france is 150m from takeoff. I set the max to 148 so I ran into the notification "max altitude reached". After that I got the motor speed error so I landed the Mini and inspected the props. The esc came from the rear left motor. I couldn't see anything special to the prop blades. I tried again and got the same after reaching max altitude. Then I landed again and stopped. I noticed at takeoff that the Mini sounded a bit different from normal. Back home I tried to fly again and everything was normal. I pushed the mini to max altitude and nothing happened. So I'm now wondering if it could be related to the dense air on 2000m. I always store the Mini in the fly more box and I am very specific in storing the prop blades correctly. Any advice?
2020-8-14
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

When will DJI offer a more rigid set of props for the Mavic Mini (even if it puts it over 249 grams... we can deal with that)
2020-8-14
Use props
fanse85359c3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

What the F is this ?  
1.) mavic mini not able to fly because of firmware issue ( area unlock not possible , right after start of selling you remember)
2.) then I got unexpected drop about 6 months ago ( @00:16)
3.) propellers replaced, not minute flown since then , today I took out mavic mini from the fly more box and got this error

so everytime I try to fly something is f@#$3d up with this piece of s@#t !

At this moment so pi$$3d, I downgraded to 0.400 and to be honest I am hoping for some fire or drop of this stupid drone, or maybe I will just smash this to the ground will all force I just can.
Definitely last DJI product (I  had Phantom 2+ before)
Tired of this s@#t, NEVERMORE.
2020-8-16
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

fanse85359c3 Posted at 8-16 13:29
What the F is this ?  
1.) mavic mini not able to fly because of firmware issue ( area unlock not possible , right after start of selling you remember)
2.) then I got unexpected drop about 6 months ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BzBxITHZw @00:16)

today I took out mavic mini from the fly more box and got this error

Don't store it in the Fly More case and the problem will go away after one or two flights.

2020-8-16
Use props
bobsp
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_sqwSv0bclRK7 Posted at 8-14 10:51
Today I ran into this error. I was taking off from 1960 meters above sealevel so I already had the notification about that, and the fly with caution. I wanted to take an overview shot so I pushed the Mini up to 148 meters. The max flight altitude in france is 150m from takeoff. I set the max to 148 so I ran into the notification "max altitude reached". After that I got the motor speed error so I landed the Mini and inspected the props. The esc came from the rear left motor. I couldn't see anything special to the prop blades. I tried again and got the same after reaching max altitude. Then I landed again and stopped. I noticed at takeoff that the Mini sounded a bit different from normal. Back home I tried to fly again and everything was normal. I pushed the mini to max altitude and nothing happened. So I'm now wondering if it could be related to the dense air on 2000m. I always store the Mini in the fly more box and I am very specific in storing the prop blades correctly. Any advice?

At high altitude, the air is a lot thinner, so the props have to turn quite a bit faster to generate the same lift. Add to that any manoevering you were doing, and any wind up there, will make some props need to turn even faster. So, not too suprising really.
2020-8-16
Use props
MR. Roman
lvl.1

Canada

it causes premature wear of our motors, and dji sweeping under carpet this issue
2020-8-18
Use props
fans0a58c536
lvl.1

Ireland

Marius86 Posted at 5-7 23:29
Thanks for the explanation. Is it possible to receive the torque (Nm) to use for the correct fixing of the screws? Thanks Mario

Hi Mario, you Don’t need the screw torque, the screws are shouldered, you can feel the hard ‘stop’ when there are fully home. The thread lock (blue stuff on the threads) will prevent them working loose.
2020-8-21
Use props
NeshaLe
lvl.1

Serbia

NeuTronas Posted at 5-8 11:51
My drone is pretty new (bought few days ago). Flew few times and got an rotor error with rear left engine. Propeller seems to be completely perfect and unbent. Can't see any difference to any other propellers.
It's really weird that this is not a bug in a software....

Yeah, same thing happened to me, back left motor. I switched the let back and front right propellers, only to find out that now the front right motor started reporting error. To the untrained eye, there was no difference between propellers, they are brand new ones.
2020-8-27
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

May I suggest that everyone posting here with a left rear engine issue to systematically mention if they have the flight more combo box ? We could make thus some relevant statistics

I do stock my MM in its combo box, and I did have the issue right after the new firmware.
2020-8-27
Use props
finchisko
lvl.2
Slovakia

dubtastic Posted at 6-8 06:34
I had the same issue as most here.  2-week old drone and after an hour of good flight time, I got this error.  I replaced all of the props and screws according to their tutorial and got the same error.  I ended up contacting support and shipping it back to them.  After a few weeks, they ended up repairing it.  The email stated that the "Power ESC Board Module" was replaced but when I got the drone it appeared to be an entirely new one (The drone I shipped them had a decal/skin kit on it and the one I received appeared to be packaged like it was brand new without the skin).

And do you still get this ESC error with replaced drone?
2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_PKizytTjnE3b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311073 ft
United States

It happened to me ,but had little to no warning, and dropped out of the sky like a rock. Nonetheless I'm out of a drone do to the bul... warning, with gave me about two seconds, that it was going to shut down,and I did not see any problem with the propellers when I did my initial check. Dji has a sorry ass excuse to keep from having to replace your drone. It's  also under the refresh care warranty.  What a fuking joke they are PERIOD
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_d9RpaMhXvWdh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7453530 ft
United States

I put an entire new set on and still getting the same error this is after going thru 4 sets in 3 months
2020-9-2
Use props
fans6e1fb953
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52569 ft
Colombia

Mi Drone Mavic Mini presento esa misma falla luego de actualizar el ultimo Firmware, tenia un movimiento leve el la helice trasera izquierda. Trate de refrescar el firmware, No ha recibido golpes, caidas, ni se ven las helices dobladas o averiadas. Con 2 baterias persisitia el error de velocidad. Ahora resulta que sin previo aviso el motor trasero izquierdo no se activa en le despegue, rotan 3 helices y la trasera izquierda nada, y se apaga el Drone. Claramamente se tiraron todo DJI con la ultima actualizacion, y ahora tengo un
2020-9-8
Use props
BigBear-fly
New
Flight distance : 142270 ft
United States

I live at a 8,200 ft (2500 meter) elevation so after the firmware update I am always getting the error code 30128. Do you have props designed for high elevation?
2020-9-8
Use props
fans282602bc
New
Flight distance : 8258 ft
United States

I have personally experienced this issue mid flight over water at the beach and my video feed cut out right after this which scared the crap out of me. However the video feed came back almost immediately. I hit the return home button and replaced the propellers and no longer had that issue! Love my drone, just wish my city would allow me to fly hereto capture some of this beautiful city for my YouTube channel
2020-9-9
Use props
Marius86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 58504 ft
Italy

fans0a58c536 Posted at 8-21 11:41
Hi Mario, you Don’t need the screw torque, the screws are shouldered, you can feel the hard ‘stop’ when there are fully home. The thread lock (blue stuff on the threads) will prevent them working loose.

thanks for the explanation
2020-9-16
Use props
pawnie
lvl.2

Canada

Well I joined the forums just to say how delighted I am with the Mavic Mini (my first drone) and see how others use their drone but I read this thread entirely and find it disturbing to say the least.  This is the only done I'm interested in because of the 249g takeoff weight so I truly hope I won't have to deal with this.  

For what it's worth, I've used my drone a few times so far, probably 2.5hrs total and I haven't seen the issue yet. Latest firmware (500) and software (1.1.8).  I do have the Fly More kit. I've been very careful with the rotor blades but I don't have them tied like some others have posted.

One thing occurred to me though today: the rear blades (if not tied together) are going to come loose regardless if you fold them together.  That would probably be fine but the recess at the bottom of the case has a wall right next to the rear blades. I have no doubt the blades can easily scrape against the wall of the recess when I pull the drone out. Possible reason?
2020-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules