New Mavic Mini Safety Notification – “Motor Speed Error”
69551 318 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

It happened today for many times. And, I think, that the propellers are normal.
I don't know what I do.
Tomorrow I will try again.  Good look for me...
2020-9-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Deucalion Posted at 5-8 01:37
Well, this confirms what we knew, that the FW update was meant to warn about bad props that cause motors to overspeed, but it doesn't explain why brand new drones exhibit the issue.

it also doesn't explain what took DJI so long to provide such a reply  ! !
2020-10-3
Use props
rdanvenshaw.ca
New
Flight distance : 49 ft
Canada

Hackfaq\ Posted at 5-9 11:55
which version of firmware did you installed?

How do you refresh the update i just get the message firmware is up to date?
2020-10-4
Use props
erment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701427 ft
United Kingdom

The Duck Posted at 8-16 17:54
today I took out mavic mini from the fly more box and got this error

I absolutely agree with you
2020-10-4
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

Richard Hopkins Posted at 5-8 03:25
I have a large rubber band on the length of the Mini to hold the propellers in place top and bottom like the picture when I store them back in the case that came with the fly more kit because they won’t stay in the position you put them in to put them back in the case. It seems to work pretty well! Thanks for the notification.

I use a rubber band as well.
2020-10-4
Use props
sarafox
lvl.1

United States

Hackfaq\ Posted at 5-9 11:54
Hello, I have error ESC 30128, it's like motor speed problem, how to clear which one should I replace. I checked all propellers, and they looks same, not bended

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
2020-10-11
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213202 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to be late to this or if this has already been covered.
I am now on my third set of props and normally can get 2 flights in before the message goes again.
Bearing in mind you have to use new screws I am reluctant to swap them round of re-use.  ANYWAY -

IF the problem is caused by poor storage and I am storing as per instructions in a DJI hard shell case it seems odd to blame bad storage.  Is it possible that the recommended way to store the props is wrong?  It seems odd to have them pressed agains each other when they are placed across the drone - especially when there looks like they could face slightly forward and be free.  Also they do move as you put the drone in the box and whilst a rubber band could hold them in place that must put extra strain on the props?

SO - ? Is it an idea to put some very soft foam in the case to hold the props in place? and could DJI make some less vulnerable props? what about carbon fibre?
2020-10-15
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Well today I went for a realtor shooting session. Everything was perfect ( I really love my MM), and after about about 10 mn of flight hovering / rotating 360 degrees, when still flying ( props were untouched), the error msg about over-speeding motor popped up... Does that mean that the props are even losing their shape when flying ???
DJI please produce a quality prop batch. It does not matter if everyone has to purchase a new batch, but please make it work.

Thanks.

2020-10-15
Use props
RAyn Vlogs
New

India

Sir on 17 october 20 After having a quick launch and setting up home point. My camera screen gone full black and drone landed on a lake. What to do now. I do not get the body as well.
2020-10-19
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RAyn Vlogs Posted at 10-19 19:37
Sir on 17 october 20 After having a quick launch and setting up home point. My camera screen gone full black and drone landed on a lake. What to do now. I do not get the body as well.

I am not someone in a position to help but I feel for you.  I remember loosing height over a lake when I was trying to keep it hovering but managed to get back over land.  It is a fear of mine and seldom am I brave enough to fly over water.
I hope your story becomes happy and continues.
2020-10-20
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

I recall the previous firmware update has disabled my MM 5.8Ghz transmission and turned into a single 2.4Ghz band which has had me decided to downgraded my ESC and craft firmware. Has it fixed yet?
2020-10-30
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

How many flight hours did the Mini had when you received the message?
2020-10-30
Use props
Cheesehead Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655121 ft
  • >>>
United States

philgib Posted at 10-15 22:18
Well today I went for a realtor shooting session. Everything was perfect ( I really love my MM), and after about about 10 mn of flight hovering / rotating 360 degrees, when still flying ( props were untouched), the error msg about over-speeding motor popped up... Does that mean that the props are even losing their shape when flying ???
DJI please produce a quality prop batch. It does not matter if everyone has to purchase a new batch, but please make it work.

If it came from the right angle a gust of wind will cause one motor to speed up to compensate and hold the drone still. I don't think there is a problem with most propellers at all; just a really horrible firmware update.
2020-11-5
Use props
Nenodrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147530 ft
North Macedonia

I had same issue when a start the drone after second start and rest error is lost so is anyone have solution how to store and transport ?
2020-11-6
Use props
Rubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1224921 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry but this is a load of garbage. I fold mine exactly as shown in the picture. This stupid warning came up. I just swapped the props with the opposite ones and the warning went. This points to software error, NOT props. When will DJI realise this is an elaborate con.
2020-11-6
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Don't store the Mini folded in the DJI case in a position that can bend the propellers.
2020-11-7
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Use something like
It puts less pressure on the props as a simple rubberband
2020-11-11
Use props
alisay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317621 ft
Singapore

It happened to me also when i upgraded to to v5. First it complained about my left rear motor. I landed it and inspected the props and re-launched it . After a while the error was reported on right rear prop and this error keeps up coming back even after i did the same procedure as my left rear. The mini some how thinks my left rear props are no longer a problem but the right are . As far as i can see my props looks fine. Yes i do use the fly more combo case. This is frustrating . If the props are bad then they should be bad no matter what. Cannot explain why it thinks my left rear is fine now and only the right rear has a problem.

I will replace the prop and see if it goes away. Also I will take the advice here not to store in the flymore combo box.
2020-11-15
Use props
gort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

make sure you store the propellers exactly like the diagram (left over right) making sure they don't swing round.

...works for me.

194752jsu1fxlf15yfzyxa.png
2020-11-18
Use props
alisay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 317621 ft
Singapore

alisay Posted at 11-15 01:25
It happened to me also when i upgraded to to v5. First it complained about my left rear motor. I landed it and inspected the props and re-launched it . After a while the error was reported on right rear prop and this error keeps up coming back even after i did the same procedure as my left rear. The mini some how thinks my left rear props are no longer a problem but the right are . As far as i can see my props looks fine. Yes i do use the fly more combo case. This is frustrating . If the props are bad then they should be bad no matter what. Cannot explain why it thinks my left rear is fine now and only the right rear has a problem.

I will replace the prop and see if it goes away. Also I will take the advice here not to store in the flymore combo box.

I replaced the props and the problem went away . I flew for an hour and it holds good.
2020-11-21
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

gort Posted at 11-18 03:35
make sure you store the propellers exactly like the diagram (left over right) making sure they don't swing round.

...works for me.

"exactly like the diagram (left over right)"??

If you look a little closer, I think you'll find that the diagram shows the left side blades are bent to fit under the right side blades (right over left).  The left blades are pinched between the body of the Mini bent under the right side blades.

ArmsFolded.jpg
2020-11-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

gort Posted at 11-18 03:35

...works for me.

"exactly like the diagram (left over right)"

Furthermore, it's impossible to position the blades exactly as shown in the diagram.

Note how DJI's diagram shows the blades of the left-rear motor are positioned, with A sliding under B.  Now look at the photo below which shows that it is not possible to fit the leading edge of A under the trailing edge of B.
2020-11-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

This forum software is so awkward to use.  Where are the images?  Trying again...

Blades-Folded-Label.jpg Blades-Folded-Actual.jpg

2020-11-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

Read these three posts on the MavicPilots forum for an explanation of how folding the blades to mesh as shown in those diagram across the body of the Mini is the root cause of prop distortion (regardless of which case is used for storage).

What is causing the props to bend: - mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/page-13#post-1038101
How to conclusively measure the health of your props: mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/page-13#post-1038918
How to prevent bending new props: mavicpilots.com/threads/motor-speed-error-mavic-mini.86130/page-14#post-1042991

Folding the rear props to mesh over/under each other across the body of the Mini forces the tips of the blades to bend down.  As the tip is pushed down the trailing edge of the blade contacts the body of the Mini.  The tip is bent down, while the trailing edge is pushed up.  That torsion causes the blade to twist, flattening its pitch angle which causes the blade to lose lift.  If left stored in this position for sufficient time, the distortion becomes permanent.  The motor consequently has to spin faster to generate required lift.  Eventually the motor reaches a high enough rpm to trigger the Max Power Reached warning, or the Motor Speed Error warning, or the Propeller Speed Error warning.  They're all the same thing.

If you ignore those warnings eventually the motor may reach its absolute rpm limit. Unable to spin any faster, it is can no longer generate the required lift to sustain flight and then you'll experience an Uncommanded Descent.

2020-11-22
Use props
samtexan
lvl.1

United States

This warning message is reported when reaching 100ft?  After shut down and restart elevated to 150ft and no warning. I cannot tell if any prop is damaged or warped.
2020-11-27
Use props
samtexan
lvl.1

United States

error Preflight check “unable to take off”.. Restart aircraft code 30128 rather than 32046?
2020-11-27
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fingers crossed I have carried on with the same props for a while now after changing three times before.  The difference Is a simple change in storage. -

I considered using a band to hold them in place but felt that could cause bending in its own right.  I tried the folding as per instructions but the little b@gg£r$ move around as you put them in the case and it is too fiddly and sensitive to feel dependable.  What I did was get a small piece of cloth (as used to clean glasses) folded it once and put it on the case where the power button would lie.  The effect seems to be that it raises the MM just that little bit in the case so that the props rest free with no pressure on them = no bending force.  I now only fold the props into a rough position as per diagram and then allow them to move into the open cavity and be free from stress.  In fact my problem is that I wish I could be in an open cavity free from stress with the occasional thrill of flying high above everyone else!!!
2020-12-6
Use props
ED_210
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21568 ft
United States

Occams Razor Posted at 5-7 20:18
For DJI to publish this message verifies that improper storage in the Fly More case is one of the causes for deformed propellers. Too much inaccurate anecdotal information being published in this forum.  Nice to finally see some communication.

Agreed! I logged many flight hours with my Mini, and just last week, that error popped up! After all this time it's deemed a "Case Issue"? Really? An easy fix, sure, but one that should never occur, let alone have no type of first-hand warning when purchasing! Oh, well. No biggie. :-)
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_WFDMC7y7Gksz
New
Flight distance : 17533 ft

United States

m80116 Posted at 5-7 20:08
Thank You DJI support... personally I wouldn't rely on users to check if the propellers are bent or even (wondering what's intended) straighten them out, because I've seen this already happening when the users identify propellers as good even when they are not and insist that the firmware is faulty up to the point of downgrading to the next previous version that didn't have the safety motor speed control.

The best advice I could personally give to those that have the "Motor speed error" is to just replace the propellers and keep replacing them for every propeller that is being flagged by software.
[Image]

Hello I’m new to the Mavic mini and the drone space. Every time we get an air and have to change the propellers my dad tells me just to replace them all. That doesn’t seem very productive does it tell me which rotor is having issues somewhere?
2020-12-11
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_WFDMC7y7Gksz Posted at 12-11 18:50
Hello I’m new to the Mavic mini and the drone space. Every time we get an air and have to change the propellers my dad tells me just to replace them all. That doesn’t seem very productive does it tell me which rotor is having issues somewhere?

when you land and the motors stop rotating you will find that the drone gives a pulsed alarm and the motor in questions pulses slightly with it.  hope that helps.
2020-12-13
Use props
djiuser_bRyVYireP7pX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237762 ft
Sweden

Hi & thx for the x-planation of the proppeler speed error!
Now i know och what to do cause i was getting so worried about my little friend that gives me so much joy!
Mavic mini rocks, its like a little formula-1 in air!
2021-2-13
Use props
Artellic
New
Norway

Solution:

Its because of the case design and how the propellers are folded: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=227318
2021-2-20
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

Further to the total silence of DJI on the matter, is it still safe to trust DJI and purchase more products from that brand ?
I am not so sure any more.

- Is the MM 2 having the same issues ?
- Have this prop any shape memory so that we could put it in a freezer or an oven or anything else  so that it goes back into proper shape ?
I have already purchased 3 sets of props in 2 months. Crazy.
2021-2-26
Use props
OConnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11084262 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to admit lately watching The forum that it seems to be getting non-productive when you have so many people with conflicting opinions as to first of all what the problem is secondly how to correct the problem and why the problem is there in the first place. Why can't everybody just work to flow towards the actual issue and resolution of the issue.?? So many opinions only complicate the actual scenario. Just my opinion.
2021-4-18
Use props
Jrscott74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15056598 ft
United States

Donsir_LTU Posted at 2020-5-7 23:12
DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

Same for me, rear left motor.
2021-5-2
Use props
TatoMorales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 811266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I replaced full set of propeller and still having the error!
#DJI say something
2021-5-12
Use props
djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P
lvl.2
France

Hi.
I was one of the first guys to suggest that the transportation case was the reason for the back prop issue.
But I was still using the case and I had to purchase a number of props.
I have been using the MM quite intensively the last weeks, and often in strong winds and I stopped to receive the alert message. I haven't purchased props for months now.
What did I change ? I just stop folding the MM and stopped using the case.
Yes I am losing thus one of the main arguments for the MM which is transportability, but now I can trust it and know that I should achieve my daily mission which is important for my job.
So just use the combo case for transporting everything else except the MM.
DJI, your absence of reaction is a real shame. You should really stand by your products even when you make a design mistake. At least you could send an handful of props to your clients and tell them to not using the case anymore. My 2 cents.

2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_3GsVtGUgyNA5
lvl.1

Canada

I have changed my propellers 2 times and still get same issue. Always seems to be left rear. So swap propellers get same error code. What is up with that???
2021-9-30
Use props
Mr. Rocketman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6355 ft

United States

Richard Hopkins Posted at 2020-5-8 03:25
I have a large rubber band on the length of the Mini to hold the propellers in place top and bottom like the picture when I store them back in the case that came with the fly more kit because they won’t stay in the position you put them in to put them back in the case. It seems to work pretty well! Thanks for the notification.

I just looked at my Mini and for sure putting a rubber band around the drone lengthwise will distort the blades more.
2021-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules