69497 318 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dubtastic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7464 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-9 12:31
It’s normal to receive a new drone, but most likely your drone was tested and as a result of test diagnosis was ESC problem.

There is much rubbish surrounding props, but dji have put notice on this thread as to what could be wrong and what to do. But to many interfering trying to make some more out of this than has been posted by dji.

BS?  If you go back and read what I posted, you will see that I followed the instructions provided by DJI and nobody else.

I landed the drone and replaced the props as indicated. I looked up the instructional video on the DJI website about how to replace the props and screws using brand new items.  I stored the drone as indicated in the fly more case.  I followed any and all calibrations and tests that I could do here.  Despite following the instructions from DJI, I still received the error.  When I explained this to DJI support, the answer was to ship it to them where they physically replaced an internal component.  If it was merely "BS" or not following their instructions, I highly doubt that replacing the entire unit would be the fix.
2020-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dubtastic Posted at 6-17 05:14
BS?  If you go back and read what I posted, you will see that I followed the instructions provided by DJI and nobody else.

I landed the drone and replaced the props as indicated. I looked up the instructional video on the DJI website about how to replace the props and screws using brand new items.  I stored the drone as indicated in the fly more case.  I followed any and all calibrations and tests that I could do here.  Despite following the instructions from DJI, I still received the error.  When I explained this to DJI support, the answer was to ship it to them where they physically replaced an internal component.  If it was merely "BS" or not following their instructions, I highly doubt that replacing the entire unit would be the fix.

Well I’d say that’s BS. Dji US don’t repair drones they replace them with refurb or new, so your statement is without foundation.
You will also notice I have in many posts advised people who had similar problems to go through the process and if it does not work then ship it back.

Returning your drone is the one piece of information not given out on this thread. Anyways feel free to continue to post BS.
2020-6-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

lporsche Posted at 6-16 21:42
Yesterday evening I took the MM to our maiden flight and it seems that you were right, those bents haven't caused any problem. I flew twice, once for 7 and the second time for 16 minutes - it's true that I flew mainly in C mode - but i didn't get any error message. I used two different batteries for which I made the FW update.

If you get no errors, you're likely good to go, but I would suggest you try Sport Mode and push the MM a bit, just to make sure everything is fine under load.
2020-6-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

unixHR Posted at 6-17 02:20
messages started on the very first flight after the firmware update...first started getting "motor speed error"....changed the beeping prop (rear left one) and also the rear right one...was ok for the next two flights...started getting "propeller rotating too fast" messages...changed all four props sets (the ones I changed two flights ago aswell)...got up in the air - "propeller rotating too fast" again...extra carefull with the fly more case, extra carefull with the drone handling...this has to be a firmware update problem!  Changing the props doesn't solve the problems! DJI, when can we expect the next firmware update? This is really frustrating...

Some people reported that refreshing the firmware via DJI Assistant stopped the Motor Speed Error, so you might want to try that. But if you want to really see what's going on, do the hover test. Takes 5 minutes, and it will tell you right away if your motors are really spinning too fast, or if the problem is somewhere else (firmware, or hardware).
2020-6-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

fansb8148d11 Posted at 6-16 06:41
DJI should have a replacement program to replace the props and/or case... I bought the fly more package for the case and now it's useless because I dont want to further damage the props. I've only had the mavic mini for less than 3 months and already replaced two props.....

I don't have the FlyMore case so I never looked into it, but I think if you pay attention to the rear props and make sure they are in the correct position, you're good to go. Or maybe some FlyMore cases are worse than others, because there's plenty of people who use them without problems.
2020-6-17
Use props
dubtastic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7464 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 07:53
Well I’d say that’s BS. Dji US don’t repair drones they replace them with refurb or new, so your statement is without foundation.
You will also notice I have in many posts advised people who had similar problems to go through the process and if it does not work then ship it back.

At this point I have no clue what you are complaining about.  Initially you said I was posting BS.  I merely shared that I had experienced the same issue with a new drone that so many here shared, which was the motor speed error.  If you take a minute to read my original post, you would also notice that I said I sent the drone back to DJI.  Maybe you missed that part because you "have so many posts".  The email I received from DJI listed "Power ESC Board Module" and also had a "repair service fee".  You can claim my statement is without foundation all you want but maybe the attached screenshot of the email itself will suffice.  I even highlighted it in yellow to make it easier to comprehend. All I was trying to do was let others know I had a similar issue and sent it back to DJI, got a notice from them of what was done, and then received a new drone.  There is no need to make this complicated.
2020-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dubtastic Posted at 6-17 12:03
At this point I have no clue what you are complaining about.  Initially you said I was posting BS.  I merely shared that I had experienced the same issue with a new drone that so many here shared, which was the motor speed error.  If you take a minute to read my original post, you would also notice that I said I sent the drone back to DJI.  Maybe you missed that part because you "have so many posts".  The email I received from DJI listed "Power ESC Board Module" and also had a "repair service fee".  You can claim my statement is without foundation all you want but maybe the attached screenshot of the email itself will suffice.  I even highlighted it in yellow to make it easier to comprehend. All I was trying to do was let others know I had a similar issue and sent it back to DJI, got a notice from them of what was done, and then received a new drone.  There is no need to make this complicated.[view_image]

Thing is I fully agreed with you and if you had of read the thread you would have noticed that I had advised others to return drone, instead you choose to say I was bull sh#tting . Good day.
2020-6-17
Use props
unixHR
lvl.1

Croatia

120ccpm Posted at 6-17 09:03
Some people reported that refreshing the firmware via DJI Assistant stopped the Motor Speed Error, so you might want to try that. But if you want to really see what's going on, do the hover test. Takes 5 minutes, and it will tell you right away if your motors are really spinning too fast, or if the problem is somewhere else (firmware, or hardware).

i always update via PC through DJI Assistant...so no go    hover test is what - hovering in one place for 5 minutes? Or what?
2020-6-19
Use props
Septian0809
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148251 ft
Singapore

Can we still use this kind of propeller guard to store our mini?
C07768A0-C8E6-433B-A3FB-367FA1BFE5ED.jpeg
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_dmZZtKSrycyo
New

North Macedonia

My Mavic Mini is brand new, with all 1 hour of flight... Today I've got the message about Propellers spinning too fast, check esc.. I've never crashed the drone or anything... DJI fix this!!!
2020-6-19
Use props
StephanBH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26699 ft
United States

Thanks for the info
2020-6-19
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

unixHR Posted at 6-19 03:27
i always update via PC through DJI Assistant...so no go    hover test is what - hovering in one place for 5 minutes? Or what?

It's explained in this thread, read from post 185. Indoor, no prop guards, good light (for the Vision System to work well), auto takeoff, hover 2 minutes without touching the controls, auto-land. Then analyze your DAT file with CsvView and see how fast the motors were spinning. If one or more are spinning too fast, it means the props have lost their shape and don't generate enough lift. If everything is good, the issue is somewhere else.
2020-6-19
Use props
Heinz-Georg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3120 ft
Germany

NeuTronas Posted at 5-8 11:51
My drone is pretty new (bought few days ago). Flew few times and got an rotor error with rear left engine. Propeller seems to be completely perfect and unbent. Can't see any difference to any other propellers.
It's really weird that this is not a bug in a software....

My new Mavic Mini had the same Problem various times. I cannot see any damage on the propellers. However , whenever I fly indoors, there is no such error message. Therefore, I think, the cause of the error message might be the fact,  that i was rather windy when I flew outside
2020-6-22
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

I updated my mini yesterday from 0400 to the 0500 firmware to see if using the assistant made any difference ! did and hours flying yesterday and not one error ! Compass working fine too

When i originally did the upgrade i didnt have a coomapss and constant motor overspeed warnings?

is there an issue with the update through the fly app is what im asking myself?
2020-6-24
Use props
ChRoM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51598 ft
Austria

Just dropping by to tell the tale jon how the motor warning is working as advertised at least for me. On the first flight after installing the new firmware I got the motor speed warning for the left rear rotor. As it happens, there actually was visible damate to one of the blades, part of the tip being chipped off. I knew about that and do realize I should have fixed that sooner, but the thing was flying just fine so it really took the waring in the new formware to finally make me change the blades. Today was the first day with decent flying conditions in weeks, so I took the Mini for a spin. Wind donditions were right on the edge and even in S-mode against the wind - no errors, nothing, drone performing perfectly. Hope it says that way.
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_3RYA1p5XAaBw
lvl.1
United States

I added a loose rubber band to keep the propellers from moving around while traveling in the case.  Never any problems.  

The only time I encountered the issue..  it was definitely because the propellers were being bent while storing.  I simply landed my Mavic mini, straightened the propeller..  still flying with all the original propellers
image.jpg
2020-6-24
Use props
zeb_
lvl.3
Germany

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 6-24 00:23
I updated my mini yesterday from 0400 to the 0500 firmware to see if using the assistant made any difference ! did and hours flying yesterday and not one error ! Compass working fine too

When i originally did the upgrade i didnt have a coomapss and constant motor overspeed warnings?

If there is an issue with the update only DJI can help with that. There are circumstancial evidence that there may be a difference between flashing with DJI Assistant 2 and the Fly app, but they are just that. Could be related to the way the algorithm to detect errors works (we do not know if the 2 flashing procedures lead to various ways of deleting/updating flight logs for instance). What has been demonstrated however is that the error message is not thrown randomly, but is related to the speed of motor and thus related to the lift capacity of propellers on that motor. DJI implicitely recognises this fact by inviting users to check/replace propellers and take care with the storing in the case, hence highlighting the importance of not flattening or deforming them. The sensitivity of throwing this error however is debatable, as it occurs on perfectly new units, and again only DJI could help by being more transparent about its functioning.
2020-6-24
Use props
djiuser_GGmcTIgNdZxi
New

Germany

Richard Hopkins Posted at 5-8 03:25
I have a large rubber band on the length of the Mini to hold the propellers in place top and bottom like the picture when I store them back in the case that came with the fly more kit because they won’t stay in the position you put them in to put them back in the case. It seems to work pretty well! Thanks for the notification.

Thanks for the tip!
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_TMVxYMvAICGG
lvl.1
Greece

Today I took the new Mini out for the second time, and right away I got this annoying message, I returned and landed and the left rear motor was vibrating, i looked, but I didn't see nothing. Also, I am pretty dissappointed in this new drone because it loses signal at 300m, and this was in full clear sky on the beach, flying over the bay.... not happy at all. This is not what it says on the box (4km!)
2020-6-25
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Today, flying with my daughter, same MM drone, no flight issue.  Then we see that manual mode was not working on her MM, its firmware was not on latest. Done the update and then we get on her that error message. On mine nothing. Check propellers, screws on both, no difference. That day there was some wind. We left them fly at low altitude out of wind with no issue. Then fly again, the same way, same location with no issue, attitude was same, no difference to wind reaction. Sounds really like again an over engineered check with not enough real field testing. So many "warning" messages that disturb pilot with limited real ground apart covering some ass.
2020-6-26
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Donsir_LTU Posted at 5-7 23:12
DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

I have 200 hours on mm and have proactively changed props , done all firmware upgrades to bird, batts etc and never seen this message.  I must be a 1%’er.
2020-6-29
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

AE1M Posted at 6-29 15:58
I have 200 hours on mm and have proactively changed props , done all firmware upgrades to bird, batts etc and never seen this message.  I must be a 1%’er.

I also have the Mini worked without error messages.All updates made DJI Assistant 2/Google Play Store.One propeller replaced rear view left,was flattened Fly More Combo in the package. I must be a 2%’er.
2020-6-29
Use props
Keith S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14824245 ft
United States

I have experienced this condition also. The most recent time the drone blinked rear red liight while beeping...
2020-6-30
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

AE1M Posted at 6-29 15:58
I have 200 hours on mm and have proactively changed props , done all firmware upgrades to bird, batts etc and never seen this message.  I must be a 1%’er.

I think the majority of the MMs are flying just fine, there are plenty of people here - myself included - who never got that message. It's very difficult to say how widespread this issue is, as people tend to resort to forums only when they have a problem, and you don't hear from the hundreds or thousands who don't.
For those who had the problem and reported it here, there is an overwhelming majority who got the error on the Left Rear motor.
2020-6-30
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Keith S. Posted at 6-30 05:37
I have experienced this condition also. The most recent time the drone blinked rear red liight while beeping...

Replace the props on that corner. If you want to really see how your props are doing, do the hover test that has been mentioned several times on this thread.
2020-6-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dronason Posted at 6-26 14:52
Today, flying with my daughter, same MM drone, no flight issue.  Then we see that manual mode was not working on her MM, its firmware was not on latest. Done the update and then we get on her that error message. On mine nothing. Check propellers, screws on both, no difference. That day there was some wind. We left them fly at low altitude out of wind with no issue. Then fly again, the same way, same location with no issue, attitude was same, no difference to wind reaction. Sounds really like again an over engineered check with not enough real field testing. So many "warning" messages that disturb pilot with limited real ground apart covering some ass.

Really want to dig into it.
Carefully label props on your MM as to location and on your daughter's MM as to location.
Along with labeling who's props - which drone.
Then swap your MM's props with your daughter MM's props to location as marked.
Fly that way and see if your MM flags an error message about ESC "Motor Speed Error"; with it using her MM's props.

Not to in anyway put your daughter down.  After a while, you may see her MM start having ESC "Motor Speed Error" messages.  Possible cause being your daughter's MM storage case(s), or how she folds props for storage vs. how you fold your props for storage.
2020-7-2
Use props
Digitalxxknife
lvl.1
United States

I am getting this same ESC error code now after having flown MM since its release. Its notifying me of FRONT RIGHT propeller issue. I have changed both propellers with DJI brand Props and screws. I am "Refreshed" the firmware through assistant and I continue to get the Error code after 2-3 minutes of flight.

After trying bran new props and screws, Im wondering if its either the FIRMWARE update, or my motor is bad. Either way that same front right side is giving me the error.

HELP!
2020-7-4
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-8 22:08
Those with Mavic Mini's in grey area - sometimes problems, sometimes not.
May have to do with weather conditions they are flying in.

Not much that can be done about it, but this comes down to poor quality products...

Under "normal circumstances", blades should not be "softening due to hot weather"... Even under "extreme" conditions, the hottest air temprerature most people are ever going to fly in would be no more than say, 45° celcius / 113° Fahrenheit (maybe 50° celcius / 122° Fahrenheit in a really extreme case) - if the props / blades can't handle those sort of temperatures, then it comes down to poor quality products and DJI should have considered other materials when manufacturing them.

2020-7-4
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Ian Lee Clavis Posted at 5-9 19:26
OK I changed the left rear props and still getting the error message. I have tried as many have suggested to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 the firmware downloads fine, but just freezes during the transmission process. I have re formatted the card and reinstalled the software but no luck. Everything was fine before the update. I just want to throw this thing out the window.

Hi I get the frustration. I have mentioned this on another thread on this forum but I left my Mini sit out of the case on my desk for about 4 weeks and took it for a flight today and it gave me no errors. I can't say absolutely that I have found the solution because I need to fly it a few more times first.

The main reason for not changing props was the number of people that said it made no difference.

My thought was that most plastic has a 'memory' and if bent it may return to its shape if left alone for a period of time. Now this could be totally incorrect but that is what I did rather than change the propellors because I could not see visually the problem. So far it has worked and only a few more flights will confirm that keeping it in the case has caused me this issue - we will see in time. Good luck we all want this fixed somehow.
2020-7-6
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Richard Hopkins Posted at 5-8 03:25
I have a large rubber band on the length of the Mini to hold the propellers in place top and bottom like the picture when I store them back in the case that came with the fly more kit because they won’t stay in the position you put them in to put them back in the case. It seems to work pretty well! Thanks for the notification.

Interesting
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_1VmAUJa65qAc
New

United Kingdom

DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

Yes , my back left Motor is gone mental , I try to take off and isn’t lifting properly and making strange noises , very upset , will resetting the firmware fix the issue ? How do I fix it ?!
2020-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_1VmAUJa65qAc Posted at 7-10 14:16
Yes , my back left Motor is gone mental , I try to take off and isn’t lifting properly and making strange noises , very upset , will resetting the firmware fix the issue ? How do I fix it ?!

Have your replaced blades on back left Motor with a new matched set of blades meant for back left Motor or front right motor?
2020-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_1VmAUJa65qAc Posted at 7-10 14:16

Have your replaced blades on back left Motor with a new matched set of blades meant for back left Motor or front right motor?
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_XOHf9n0FLaOs
New

France

Hello,

hazard or not I also from time to time left rear engine error. I land I turn off and turn on the drone makes 2 batteries (1 hour flight) and the message never returns. Some uses after the message comes back (often with a little wind) always the rear left engine, I change the parts + screws, relaunch and more error. A few days after the error returns, while no fall or crash. Firmware error ???
2020-7-13
Use props
danellis06460
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United Kingdom

Just to add another positive (so far) to this thread. I bought the flymore combo directly from DJI last month.  I updated all of the firmware including all of the batteries via the app when I first used it. I only have 1.20 hours of flight time so far but that includes stupidly getting it stuck up a tree doing a dronie and wacking the side of a tower while pressing down instead of forward. I have been careful not to fly in wind or fly it more than 200 metres away from me yet but so far its been very reliable and I have not seen this error message. Its still on the original propellers even after being stuck a tree for an hour while I climbed to the top to retrieve it. I wondered if DJI have made any small hardware updates because my experience, so far, seems different to all on here.
2020-7-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to be careful what you post to Hedgetrimmer he has been stalking me and others on this forum for over 3 years, stealing photographs from my social media defacing it and posting it back on this forum. Sending pm to other members with my personal information and encouraging them to do the same. He has recently been warned by dji and photos have been removed. But once again has restarted his campaign of personal stalking and passing on personal information about me by pm to others. Just be careful in your dealings with this guy.
2020-7-14
Use props
DonBosco
New

Germany

I came across this guy here https://youtu.be/A9upkHKQRvM and he also talked about that propeller issue, that could occur from not folding the propellers appropriately. It is German thou.
2020-7-15
Use props
g181
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1466017 ft
Italy

DJI, explain how it is possible that 99% of users have the same problem with the rear left engine? I think that is not possible. I think the latest fw has something wrong. If it’s really a safety feature, it doesn’t work the way it should. Yesterday (my fault) the drone hit a tree branch. One rear propeller broke in half after the impact. To my surprise, the drone continued to fly without problems. The sound from the propellers changed a bit. Even after such an accident, I did not receive any "engine error" message. Why?

I had it with rear right not left so its not always rear left, its understandable why back ones are most vulnerable... Its because when you fold them into the case they are down the weight of the drone. For me its strange that they didn't think about the problem before now... They could have equipped at least the flight more combo with something to solve that issue or could sell something now to fold it the right way. Its just strange to me that I flied more than 100km with my Mini and the only issue is the folding of the drone in the case lel
2020-7-18
Use props
g181
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1466017 ft
Italy

Hackfaq\ Posted at 5-9 11:54
Hello, I have error ESC 30128, it's like motor speed problem, how to clear which one should I replace. I checked all propellers, and they looks same, not bended

When you have to replace them the Mini will start beeping when you land and if you check motors (without shuting the drone of) the damaged one is vibrating. That's how you know which one to change. I dunno if for the ESC problem it's the same but if he is trying to tell you to change some propellers thats how he tries...
2020-7-18
Use props
Robbodji
lvl.1
Australia

I just want to add my report about the propeller rotating issue, after only a few flights with brand new out of the box. Tried all the above suggestions but this is extremely annoying and hugely disappointing. After using the Spark for some time without ever having such an issue the Mini is so sensitive and not at all reliable. Surely with all the posts about this issue DJI should be doing something about this.
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules