Unreasonable DJI Repair quote
3287 20 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fougasse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303087 ft
Netherlands

I sent my DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 for repairs (case CAS-4236188-Y0N3Z0), and my experience is pretty disappointing.

First, I was told that since the drone had water damage, they won't perform any repairs. It indeed had water damage and I specified it when I sent it, it's a little ridiculous that they let you pick this box that says "water damage" when you create the case and then let you send it without warning you that it means they won't perform any repairs.

But even disregarding that. They consider that since the drone had water damage, it has to be replaced for €1,481.85, and claim that they were nice and applied a 15% discount. That's for the drone only. If you buy it new, without any discounts, it's €1,699 euro, with a battery, the remote controller, propellers, the box to carry it, etc. 1,699-1,481.8=€217.15, and *just a battery* is €189, so surely all these accessories are worth way more than that. Which means that the price for the repair is higher than for a new drone!

And that's also assuming that people actually pay €1,699 to buy the drone new. Everyone gets a 5% discount by subscribing to the newletter, and personally I work at a university, so I bought my drone at a 10% discount. With that factored in, there is no discussion: DJI Repair is clearly more expensive than buying a new drone...

Is there at least a way I could apply my 10% educational discount on top of the "discounted" price of the repair? Otherwise I have no other choice than to request an unrepaired return...
2020-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi fougasse, we are regretful the repair cost exceeds your expectations, per DJI after-sales policy, the water-damaged drone is beyond repair and for the safety concern, it is recommended to replace. We have also made it clear in the Online  Service Terms and Conditions in the online repair for the system, please check the screenshot below.
As for the repair cost, we will escalate your concern to the appropriate team to see whether there is any better resolution can be provided, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you. Online Repair Service.png
2020-5-8
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Crazy... Im seriously considering my next drone purchase with another brand.
2020-5-13
Use props
fougasse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303087 ft
Netherlands

FWIW, after complaining on this forum, they offered me a 40% discount instead of 15% So, around 1050€ for a replaced unit, which is not too bad.
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fougasse Posted at 5-13 05:16
FWIW, after complaining on this forum, they offered me a 40% discount instead of 15%  So, around 1050€ for a replaced unit, which is not too bad.

Good to know you accept the final offer, hope you will receive the replacement drone soon.
2020-5-13
Use props
Luca83
lvl.1
Belgium

Good morning,

unfortunately I had a similar experience with the DJI repair service as fougasse user. I crashed my mavic air in salt water and sent the drone to DJI repair center for diagnostic this week (case CAS-4777670-G3Y4M5). Reply is that the drone must be replaced and I can agree with the decision. The problem is the very unfair quotation provided by DJI for the replacement. The quotation is 537 euro without VAT (649 euro including VAT) for the aircraft only and 65 euro (78 including VAT) for the battery; also in my case a 15% discount was granted.

Looking on the DJI store, a refurbished full kit for mavic air (aircraft, charger, propellers, battery, box, etc) is priced at 679 euro, while it is possible to buy on amazon a brand new mavic air box at 649.

I understand that I can not access to the replacement price of 190 euro for the DJI care members, but how fair is to offer to a DJI customer the aircraft alone for the price of a full kit and by reducing it through a very low discount by passing it as sign of good will?

I'm sorry but I would have expected more fairness from a company like DJI vs their customers.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Luca83 Posted at 8-27 05:04
Good morning,

unfortunately I had a similar experience with the DJI repair service as fougasse user. I crashed my mavic air in salt water and sent the drone to DJI repair center for diagnostic this week (case CAS-4777670-G3Y4M5). Reply is that the drone must be replaced and I can agree with the decision. The problem is the very unfair quotation provided by DJI for the replacement. The quotation is 537 euro without VAT (649 euro including VAT) for the aircraft only and 65 euro (78 including VAT) for the battery; also in my case a 15% discount was granted.

Hi Luca, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, I understand your feeling on this matter. I will escalate the case to our supervisor department and see if we have better solution on your case.We will keep you informed.
2020-8-28
Use props
Luca83
lvl.1
Belgium

Good morning DJI Mindy,

did you have chance to have a look further at my case? Thanks in advance.

Luca
2020-9-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Luca83 Posted at 9-9 23:53
Good morning DJI Mindy,

did you have chance to have a look further at my case? Thanks in advance.

Hi Luca, I've checked your case, our supervisor team has followed up on your case and replied to your email on 27th Aug, could you please check it? Should you have any further concerns, kindly please reply to the email, we'll do our best to help, thanks.
2020-9-10
Use props
Luca83
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-10 19:03
Hi Luca, I've checked your case, our supervisor team has followed up on your case and replied to your email on 27th Aug, could you please check it? Should you have any further concerns, kindly please reply to the email, we'll do our best to help, thanks.

Hi Natalia,

On the 27th August 14:25 CET  I had indeed the last mail exchange with your support team, unable to provide a better quotation. I then decided to escalate my case at a upper level via this forum on 27th August 17:04 CET, but I didn’t receive any mail from your supervisor team dated after 27th August. May I ask you to kindly forward me the reply from your supervisor team? Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Luca
2020-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Luca83 Posted at 9-11 10:16
Hi Natalia,

On the 27th August 14:25 CET  I had indeed the last mail exchange with your support team, unable to provide a better quotation. I then decided to escalate my case at a upper level via this forum on 27th August 17:04 CET, but I didn’t receive any mail from your supervisor team dated after 27th August. May I ask you to kindly forward me the reply from your supervisor team? Thanks in advance.

Hi Luca, the email was sent by our supervisor. I will try to contact the supervisor again to see if we have better solution.
2020-9-13
Use props
Luca83
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi Natalia,

yesterday I managed to receive the mail from your supervisor team. Thank you very much for your support.
Regards,

Luca
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Luca83 Posted at 9-15 01:07
Hi Natalia,

yesterday I managed to receive the mail from your supervisor team. Thank you very much for your support.

You're most welcome.
2020-9-15
Use props
djiuser_Uoppn6Kacnnx
New

Germany

Good evening,

unfortunately I had the same experience with the dji repair service.

I didn’t even had any direct contact with liquid. i was flying in snowy conditions but never crashed into the snow so that the drone could be affected.

As only my gimbal stopped working at some point, i sent them the drone to repair.

Now they refuse to repair the drone because their inbuilt marker has turned red, which for them is a indication of contact with liquids.

It’s ridiculous that they let you sent your drone in without giving the hint that they wouldn’t perform any repairs if your marker turned red. That’s something that could be determined by yourself beforehand pretty easy.

So i’m basically forced to buy a new drone, but the only thing not working is the gimbal... it’s a mini mavic and the price for a new mavic mini is just to high compared to their new model mini mavic 2, which is way better !

there was a discount granted, but that doesn’t make it up at all..

regards Max
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Uoppn6Kacnnx Posted at 5-16 09:09
Good evening,

unfortunately I had the same experience with the dji repair service.

Hi Max, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account and noticed that our corresponding team had explained the situation to you via email. Could you please check it and reply back to the email? I'll ask our team to keep following up on it. Thanks.
2021-5-17
Use props
Max901
New

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-17 00:57
Hi Max, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your drone. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account and noticed that our corresponding team had explained the situation to you via email. Could you please check it and reply back to the email? I'll ask our team to keep following up on it. Thanks.

Hi Natalia,

i already answered to this email.  I simply  got the same response, wich is not acceptable for me. Its just not fair, to refuse any repairs and offering to buy a new drone for this price, when the only thing that isnt working is the gimbal. It is simply not compatible with consumer protection rules to deal with repairs in this way without pointing out that a repair will not be carried out anyway.
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Max901 Posted at 5-18 01:48
Hi Natalia,

i already answered to this email.  I simply  got the same response, wich is not acceptable for me. Its just not fair, to refuse any repairs and offering to buy a new drone for this price, when the only thing that isnt working is the gimbal. It is simply not compatible with consumer protection rules to deal with repairs in this way without pointing out that a repair will not be carried out anyway.

I fully understand your situation and how you are feeling. I'll help to escalate your case to our supervisor team to follow up. We'll have someone contact you within working hours. Thanks for your patience.
2021-5-18
Use props
maxkroloff48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233619 ft
United States

This same thing happened to me. The vision system on my DJI Air 2S didn't work and it flew upwards into a tree when it was supposed to brake or bypass the object, and there were normal conditions for the vision system. When looking back at the flight records, the system showed everything was working normally and there were no alerts about any objects near, but the DJI support agent said it was user error and now they aren't covering it under warranty.
2021-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

maxkroloff48 Posted at 8-15 16:44
This same thing happened to me. The vision system on my DJI Air 2S didn't work and it flew upwards into a tree when it was supposed to brake or bypass the object, and there were normal conditions for the vision system. When looking back at the flight records, the system showed everything was working normally and there were no alerts about any objects near, but the DJI support agent said it was user error and now they aren't covering it under warranty.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the incident. May we know in which way did you contact our support? May we have the case number or related information? We would like to look into the case. Thanks in advance.
2021-8-15
Use props
maxkroloff48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233619 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-15 18:53
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the incident. May we know in which way did you contact our support? May we have the case number or related information? We would like to look into the case. Thanks in advance.

I sent the drone in for repair and have been in contact with them via email. The case number is CAS-6745771-P7N0L9
2021-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

maxkroloff48 Posted at 8-16 09:15
I sent the drone in for repair and have been in contact with them via email. The case number is CAS-6745771-P7N0L9

Got it, we have escalated your case to our higher department. Thanks for your response.
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules