When is expected EU version with proper UA class marking and ADS-B
1080 17 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

As per the title - when does DJI plan to start selling in Europe the Mavic Air 2 drone with the corresponding UA class markings alongside the existing CE? Those were already defined and published officially i think in June last year and actually in force: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg_del/2019/945/oj

Also initially the ADS-B is available in only in North America - when is expected to have the ADS-B in the European version?

All in all do you have any timeframe when we could expect to be able to purchase Mavic Air 2 with UA class marking and ADS-B? In the summer, after a couple of months, end of year?
2020-5-8
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I would also like to know... only DJI knows.
2020-5-9
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I know the answer
2020-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sbonev. Actually none of the electronic products can do the CE Certification until the CE standard is released. Mavic Air 2 meets the new CE standards in the EU and you can use it with confidence. There will be no restrictions, and DJI will implement the production and sales standards in accordance with the requirements of local policies.

Only North America is available for the ADS-B version (air sense) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website. Please stay tuned.
2020-5-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 02:07
Hi, sbonev. Actually none of the electronic products can do the CE Certification until the CE standard is released. Mavic Air 2 meets the new CE standards in the EU and you can use it with confidence. There will be no restrictions, and DJI will implement the production and sales standards in accordance with the requirements of local policies.

Only North America is available for the ADS-B version (air sense) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website. Please stay tuned.

If you open the link you will see the new standards that are in force. Documentation is ready for more than 6 months, other manufacturers appear to have started using it. Are you stating that EU has not provided to DJI the necessary documents for the certifications? And is that DJI official statement? Because EU has strict policy of making all the necessary documents available well in advance before changes are enforced.
So in overall from your statement it is not known as to when the UA class will be included on the Mavic Air 2, if ever. And ADS-B probably later that year, also unknown timerframe...
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

I would like to know as well. I will buy instantly as soon as I know I'm also able to fly the drone post 2022 due to the new regulations.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U Posted at 5-9 03:52
I would like to know as well. I will buy instantly as soon as I know I'm also able to fly the drone post 2022 due to the new regulations.

You will probably have to wait for next lot , I suspect after July/August .

EASA put these restrictions on what will become legacy drones in what now looks like 2023, if you are under the illusion EASA done this for no good reason you’d be wrong. Drones like Mavic air will be fine in 2023, but might be classed as legacy drones and the reason won’t only have to do with drone being bereft of a sticker, EASA have obviously set down a safety parameter on how old a drone is, so it’s likely that all drones will be scrutinized as they age and hoops will be needed to be jumped through to get them cleared for flying, as it stands now “so called legacy drones” can be flown by competent qualified pilots, so it very much looks like this will follow on with new drones when they become a certain age, so almost forcing pilots to become licensed.
There is no way EASA are going to allow new drones with certificates to fly perpetually forever. The exercise is to get rid of older drones flying and it won’t stop once rules are implemented.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U
lvl.3
Flight distance : 235768 ft
Germany

Yes I will just wait until there is some definitive answer available.

Maybe DJI will release an "upgraded" MA2 which includes both the ADS-B and the proper certification later.
2020-5-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 04:14
You will probably have to wait for next lot , I suspect after July/August .

EASA put these restrictions on what will become legacy drones in what now looks like 2023, if you are under the illusion EASA done this for no good reason you’d be wrong. Drones like Mavic air will be fine in 2023, but might be classed as legacy drones and the reason won’t only have to do with drone being bereft of a sticker, EASA have obviously set down a safety parameter on how old a drone is, so it’s likely that all drones will be scrutinized as they age and hoops will be needed to be jumped through to get them cleared for flying, as it stands now “so called legacy drones” can be flown by competent qualified pilots, so it very much looks like this will follow on with new drones when they become a certain age, so almost forcing pilots to become licensed.

i don't care what might be, all you are saying is speculation. There are clear rules drafted and put in place, the only thing we are asking is for some clarity from DJI when its drones will be sold according to all the new requirements. All the other things are wishful thinking and your interpretation of what might be, which is as good as your word on what the winning numbers of the euromillions will be....
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-9 04:27
i don't care what might be, all you are saying is speculation. There are clear rules drafted and put in place, the only thing we are asking is for some clarity from DJI when its drones will be sold according to all the new requirements. All the other things are wishful thinking and your interpretation of what might be, which is as good as your word on what the winning numbers of the euromillions will be....

I will address you when I post directly, my comments were to another poster. Get over yourself people have opinions.
2020-5-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 04:30
I will address you when I post directly, my comments were to another poster. Get over yourself people have opinions.

well i am commenting on my post whether you like it or not. It is your problem. Your opinion was reiterated in dozens of similar posts, i am well aware what it is, unfortunately it is based on ZERO facts and in the current thread is not helping at all. You are not DJI employee nor EASA employee so i doubt you can state something regarding what or why they are doing, hence no need to write stories of your understandings how things should work in "your" world.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-9 04:53
well i am commenting on my post whether you like it or not. It is your problem. Your opinion was reiterated in dozens of similar posts, i am well aware what it is, unfortunately it is based on ZERO facts and in the current thread is not helping at all. You are not DJI employee nor EASA employee so i doubt you can state something regarding what or why they are doing, hence no need to write stories of your understandings how things should work in "your" world.

“You are not DJI employee nor EASA employee so i doubt you can state something regarding what or why they are doing, “

It seems you’re not going to accept djis word either, it seems that you might be best contacting EASA but my guess is their word would not suffice either.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_ZutghNDTLB2U Posted at 5-9 04:23
Yes I will just wait until there is some definitive answer available.

Maybe DJI will release an "upgraded" MA2 which includes both the ADS-B and the proper certification later.

I believe they will and for those concerned it’s the right thing to do wait...
2020-5-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-9 02:07

Only North America is available for the ADS-B version (air sense) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website. Please stay tuned.

If we buy the non ADS-B version after is it possible to install it?
2020-5-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Niknik Posted at 5-9 10:41

it is hardware chip,so no without voiding warranty or sending it back to DJI.
2020-5-9
Use props
wictor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79436 ft

Germany

Niknik Posted at 5-9 10:41
The question has been answered in another thread. Yes it will be possible but you have to send it in and also pay a fee.
2020-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wictor Posted at 5-9 11:26
The question has been answered in another thread. Yes it will be possible but you have to send it in and also pay a fee.

Do you have a link to that thread?
2020-5-11
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

DJI arent going to know the answer.  As of yet there is no EASA certification procedure to get them marked.  Until then, nobody knows.  DJI would probably LOVE to know themselves.
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules