Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Digital FPV System
517 5 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frosty1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492211 ft
United Kingdom

will this fpv update DJI Digital FPV System link the phantom 4 pro + to the DJI googles by blue tooth or wireless help appreciated

thanks frosty1
2020-5-8
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha frosty,

Unless someone else says otherwise, I would think that you will not get any useful results with the FPV System as you noted.  But, your DJI Goggles should have no problem connecting with the P4 Pro+ (Plus) through the display's HDMI port.  That is one of the Benefits of the P4 Pro+.  But, the customer has to provide the HDMI cable.  

I have the P4 Pro and use it with the CrystalSky and nVidia Shield K1monitors.  Both have HDMI ports.  I get 720p video with no problems to goggles, including DJI Goggles, and external monitors.  The HDMI cable requires the smaller connectors like mini and / or micro.  Be sure to check for the right size connector.  You can even order the right connectors when you buy the cable.

Hope this helps!

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-9
Use props
Frosty1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 5-9 01:04
Aloha frosty,

Unless someone else says otherwise, I would think that you will not get any useful results with the FPV System as you noted.  But, your DJI Goggles should have no problem connecting with the P4 Pro+ (Plus) through the display's HDMI port.  That is one of the Benefits of the P4 Pro+.  But, the customer has to provide the HDMI cable.  

many thanks yes i can connect to HDMI but looking for wire free connection i do not know why DJI cannot make it A blue tooth connection
2020-5-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Frosty1 Posted at 5-9 02:39
many thanks yes i can connect to HDMI but looking for wire free connection i do not know why DJI cannot make it A blue tooth connection

Aloha frosty,

Basically because you are dealing with out of date legacy equipment.  Bluetooth is a retrofit.  The new equipment allows wireless like the original DJI Goggles and Mavic Pro had wireless OcuSync, only now there is OcuSync 2.0.  The DJI Goggles do not have OcuSync 2.0 which appears to be why you have a question about the FPV System.  But, the FPV System is designed for the racing drone market, not the camera drones like you own.  The FPV System comes with a small racing drone camera.

Hope this helps!

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-9
Use props
Frosty1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 5-9 01:04
Aloha frosty,

Unless someone else says otherwise, I would think that you will not get any useful results with the FPV System as you noted.  But, your DJI Goggles should have no problem connecting with the P4 Pro+ (Plus) through the display's HDMI port.  That is one of the Benefits of the P4 Pro+.  But, the customer has to provide the HDMI cable.  

Many thank for the replying i think must up grade this year as there is more freedom with wire free systems
Again many thanks and stay safe in these troubled times
2020-5-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Frosty1 Posted at 5-9 05:15
Many thank for the replying i think must up grade this year as there is more freedom with wire free systems
Again many thanks and stay safe in these troubled times

Aloha frosty,

Not a bad idea.  Be sure to check both ends of transmissions.  Not all DJI products use OcuSync 2.0.  The Mavic 2 series and the P4 Pro V2 do use OcuSync 2.0.  I am not too sure about other DJI products.

The original OcuSync may not be what you want if it does not connect with the DJI product you want to use.  But, there have been firmware updates that help.  You need to check the compatibility and updates.  Now, checking for compatibility is not so easy, so be sure to ask questions here on the DJI Forum if you need help.

Remember, the FPV System is designed for the racing drone market, not the camera drones like you own.  The FPV System and Goggles will not work with Phantoms or Mavics.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules