860 6 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119288 ft
Australia

Hey all.

Did some dumb stuff and crashed my drone. Was able to recover it and I'm just in the process of filling out the online form to get my DJI Refresh submitted but I'm wondering if I have to leave the propellers attached or not? On the Submit Information page there's a part where it lists what not to send, and that includes 'Intact Propellers' but what if they're scuffed up from the crach itself? Should I just take them off and put some fresh ones on when the repaired unit comes back or just leave them on?

Probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but I'd rather be 100% sure. Thanks!

2020-5-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Since they allow to keep them I'd keep them... as long as they're not too damaged: superficial scratches shouldn't impact lift way too much and anyway now there's the new -motor speed error- aiding in prop performance assessment... as long as they don't generate errors they should be fine.
2020-5-8
Use props
stubbietubbie
lvl.4
Australia

Okay, perfect. Thanks!
2020-5-8
Use props
fans4852d7ba
lvl.4
Australia

Sorry, just one more question (I hope):

When sending in the drone, I expect I should send the gimbal cover too?

Granted, the gimbal on my damaged drone is all but deteatched, but I'm thinking ahead to when it gets returned and that's the point of the cover, to protect it no? Or does DJI kindly provide a new one (though there's literally nothing wrong with the one I have).

Again, likely a moronic question but here we are. Thanks again in advance!
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans4852d7ba Posted at 5-9 10:54
Sorry, just one more question (I hope):

When sending in the drone, I expect I should send the gimbal cover too?

I don’t think it matters, you have a choice, when drone is replaced it will come with its own guard . I would say yes normally but since it’s not going to do much of a job protecting it’s really up to yourself.
Hopefully all goes well and you get drone back soon.
2020-5-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, if you want to use the service plan, please send the parts following the requirements in the list "Parts for DJI Care Refresh: (FAQ: No.13)":
For the Mavic series, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, propellers, and battery can be replaced under the DJI care refresh.
https://www.dji.com/au/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq
2020-5-9
Use props
fans5e1c2b45
lvl.4
Australia

Right, so I've had it back for a while now, but what do I have to do to make sure the Mini is linked to my DJI account?

I did my usual process of self unlocking on Flysafe but when I'm ready to fly and go to apply the unlock for the aircraft it's simply not there in the App. I end up having to wait for it to initiate the pop-up asking if I want to unlock it/I have permission (this came up twice). I guess when I got the replacement the serial number or something is different? I don't know where to look or what to do to make the new drone linked with my account and the controller, so any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
2020-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules