New OA coming soon??
6668 11 2020-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.3
United States

Noticed today some deep discounting, down to $229, on the Osmo Action camera.  Is that (clearing out stock) a sign that a new version is coming soon or just trying to get rid of some oversupply??

2020-5-8
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Hero 9 is coming for sure. I don't know anything about OA though... I reckon there would have been some rumors around first if that was the case....  
2020-5-8
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

We can hope.
2020-5-9
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 5-8 20:35
Hero 9 is coming for sure. I don't know anything about OA though... I reckon there would have been some rumors around first if that was the case....

Have they even released the gopro hero 8 screen yet?!!
2020-5-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Doubt the Hero 9 will be out this Year at all, like there will be a OA2
Gopro never talks. and think DJI say anything to a forum.  Think now, we can dream but that is about it?
2020-5-9
Use props
ThalisGr
lvl.4
United Kingdom

In between £229 for Osmo action with 3 batteries is agood deal by any means...went for it :-)
2020-5-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

BoozaWooza Posted at 5-9 04:07
Have they even released the gopro hero 8 screen yet?!!

Honestly I don't know. There was a new FCC filing by Gopro recently which people reckon to be Hero 9. So that started the rumor mill going

I said "for sure" above as the news was everywhere. But when I look at the total amount of evidence, I should have said "take it with a grain of salt"
2020-5-9
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

You're able to  view the  FCC for gopro but not DJI, and that is the talk.  

SPBL1

Hero 9  larger Icons, a change in the Gear icon, and touch-display changed to Display are the   updates for the Hero 9.  You just got to Love Rumors
2020-5-10
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Whoever comes out with it first I don't know, but I am pretty sure the next batch will have one of those 48MP(1/2") or 64MP(1/1.7") sensors.  They are already in sub $200 phones (and Mavic Air 2)...
2020-5-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

will see good luck on that dream.
2020-5-10
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only things I would like to see in a OSMO Action 2 would be a remote control and a option for wider field of view.   I vastly prefer my Osmo Actions over the gopro hero 7.
2020-5-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

funny how the talks is  a Dual face screen,  and the Display module  is being worked into the Interface.   that sounds like they will do or dump.and that is the Gopro hero 9 , the Rumor.
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules