Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 Release Notes (05/09/2020)
8741 66 2020-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 5-16 07:14
Haha you have to be kidding me! This feature is one of the most important settings you can do for your gimbal on any drone! This has to be fixed in a software update? Or else the drone is useless for filming

I totally agree. I saw the post that the beta versions of the software had the gimbal adjustments and other things in there but it was crowded.
One  of the Youtubers who  had  a advanced review copy, just after they announced it, said it was in there, when I asked about it,  but they must have taken it out of the production software.

2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

I received my Mavic Air 2 yesterday. And today i was trying to active it on the go App. and It is giving an error "Device activation prohibited. Contact DJI Support for assistance (1112).  Both controller and drone firmware upto date. Anyone with a solution?
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6MQKEUu9ID7G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81319 ft
Canada

djiuser_ZtuLnNs5SP7R Posted at 5-16 00:07
hello just got the Mavic Air 2 but I don't seem to be able to activate it keeps coming up with error message

having the same issue too.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Any chance the app gets updated? Still can’t connect to my Mavic 2 air
2020-5-16
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

ET214 Posted at 5-16 11:15
I totally agree. I saw a post somewhere that the beta versions of the software had the gimbal adjustments and other things in there but it was crowded.
One  of the Youtubers who did a review just after they announced it, said it was in there, when I asked him about it,  but they must have taken it out of the production software.

This makes me belive there will be a update with this option in the future? Just see how much better the software in the mini has been the last couple of updates
2020-5-17
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 5-17 07:46
This makes me belive there will be a update with this option in the future? Just see how much better the software in the mini has been the last couple of updates

HI
Unfortunately I do not have a Mavic mini.
If could i would roll back the firmware and see if the controls where there.
I wish I hadn't updated the firmware when I first started the app.

Anybody that reads this please if you have a chance when initially starting up the drone, don't update it. See if the advanced controls are there.

They  ( advanced gimbal controls) are present when the Youtube reviewers were given  the initial samples to test  and announce on the day of  launch ( that's why no one said anything about them being missing).  

2020-5-17
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Well... i should have got mine on friday, but the local post office has fucked something up... so here i am.... waiting with no confirm time or date on when they will deliver
2020-5-18
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

ET214 Posted at 5-17 08:23
HI
Unfortunately I do not have a Mavic mini.
If could i would roll back the firmware and see if the controls where there.

I just got mine, it updated without me being able to do anything about it. With that said, the function is not there.... but the smoothnes of the gimbal is alot like my mini when i have set it to 10 on top and 20 under. Dont know what the name is for each setting.

The gimbal on the Air 2 is way more smooth straight out of the box :-)
2020-5-18
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 5-18 05:55
I just got mine, it updated without me being able to do anything about it. With that said, the function is not there.... but the smoothnes of the gimbal is alot like my mini when i have set it to 10 on top and 20 under. Dont know what the name is for each setting.

The gimbal on the Air 2 is way more smooth straight out of the box :-)

Hello
I’m glad you  finally  have your drone. And you are happy with it. I guess you have a softer touch than I.
I need the control and adjustments since I am so used to the features.
Good luck and Happy flying.
2020-5-18
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

ET214 Posted at 5-18 07:39
Hello
I’m glad you  finally  have your drone. And you are happy with it. I guess you have a softer touch than I.
I need the control and adjustments since I am soused to the features.

But yes, i would like the feature back... but it tought it would be way worse! Like the Mini was out of the box.... no chance to fly that thing smooth right out of the box. I'm really curious why they took it away in the first place? hmmm....
2020-5-18
Use props
QuadcopterGuide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

tshansen Posted at 5-17 07:46

The post being referenced is this video:
2020-5-22
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 5-14 11:24
Hi no gimbal speed adjustments. They fooled us talking about easier cinematic movements, etc. No way to fine tune the sticks on the controller.. another gotcha..
DJI support, please address these issues.

Agree completely.

In fact, just ditch DJI Fly (which I assume is designed for children and idiots) and implement DJI Go instead, just like all other ‘proper’ DJI aircraft.

Of course DJI won’t do this, because if they don’t hobble this great little aircraft, why would anyone buy the full sized Mavic

Amazing aircraft, hideous software.
2020-5-23
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nickedw Posted at 5-23 23:05
Agree completely.

In fact, just ditch DJI Fly (which I assume is designed for children and idiots) and implement DJI Go instead, just like all other ‘proper’ DJI aircraft.

They may use the DJI Fly app for all future  consumer drones. People complained that Go4 was complicated or bloated but maybe they were teenagers or new to flying?
2020-5-24
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

tshansen Posted at 5-18 05:55
I just got mine, it updated without me being able to do anything about it. With that said, the function is not there.... but the smoothnes of the gimbal is alot like my mini when i have set it to 10 on top and 20 under. Dont know what the name is for each setting.

The gimbal on the Air 2 is way more smooth straight out of the box :-)

I'm new to Drones in general so have no comparisons with the Mini but I've found the gimbal motion is quite well dampened when using the touch & drag control on the app screen, but more coarse when using the thumbwheel. It would be nice to fine tune the sensitivity though!
2020-5-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Smashey1 Posted at 5-24 06:58
I'm new to Drones in general so have no comparisons with the Mini but I've found the gimbal motion is quite well dampened when using the touch & drag control on the app screen, but more coarse when using the thumbwheel. It would be nice to fine tune the sensitivity though!

HI,
Yes I used the touch and drag function, but am so used to using the wheel. I guess sometimes its better to be a new flyer.

But you may want to check this video out concerning the gimbal. Pay attention at 3:56

2020-5-25
Use props
TerminalVelocity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-25 09:23
HI,
Yes I used the touch and drag function, but am so used to using the wheel. I guess sometimes its better to be a new flyer.

That would be great if they do add additional gimbal adjustments.  I really don't understand why more of these obvious adjustments were left out of the DJI Fly app when the Air 2 was released.  They had plenty of time to work on the app after the MM was released and after hearing months of feedback from those users.  I guess the coming months will tell us all if DJI developers are truly listening to the consumers.  
2020-5-25
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 5-25 12:35
That would be great if they do add additional gimbal adjustments.  I really don't understand why more of these obvious adjustments were left out of the DJI Fly app when the Air 2 was released.  They had plenty of time to work on the app after the MM was released and after hearing months of feedback from those users.  I guess the coming months will tell us all if DJI developers are truly listening to the consumers.

Hi, The gimbal adjustments were included in the MM ( Mavic mini). For some reason, they were not included in the app for the Mavic Air 2. I cannot understand why.
2020-5-25
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 5-16 07:26
Haha you have to be kidding me! This feature is one of the most important settings you can do for your gimbal on any drone! This has to be fixed in a software update? Or else the drone is useless for filming

I've found that the gimbal dial isn't too bad without having the smoothness, speed setting. By barely moving the gimbal dial, you can get a fairly smooth and slow movement and turn it more, you'll get faster speeds. Firmware update would be nice however
2020-5-25
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-25 14:32
I've found that the gimbal dial isn't too bad without having the smoothness, speed setting. By barely moving the gimbal dial, you can get a fairly smooth and slow movement and turn it more, you'll get faster speeds. Firmware update would be nice however

Hello I agree the firmware update would be better for me ( and maybe a lot of other people).
I'm paying attention to where I am flying (and even though I can walk and chew gum at the same time), it is a challenge to have to focus on controlling the gimbal at a speed that I want.
2020-5-26
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

Flormo2002 Posted at 5-25 14:32

I agree... the gimbal speed is not that bad, but it need a steady hand. So it can be done, but i would much rater have a option to adjust it like the mini... but i guess this will come in the next update :-)
2020-5-27
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

tshansen Posted at 5-27 12:32
I agree... the gimbal speed is not that bad, but it need a steady hand. So it can be done, but i would much rater have a option to adjust it like the mini... but i guess this will come in the next update :-)

I've got the mini as well and don't think I realized that it had this setting. I generally use the P4P for my best aerial shots but I'm just a novice anyway and seldom do post production work. It's just fun stuff for me. It keeps me generally out of trouble and out of bars. I always say: "Honey, I'm going out to fly the drones". That's a far cry from what I use to say to my first wife. Ha
2020-5-27
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I just found a post elsewhere on online...

Mavic Air 2 Big Updates In Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings And More!

I am oh so tired of checking ( daily) to see if they have released a new firmware

2020-5-31
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

You can screen adjust the Gimbal up and down, left and right until the firmware sorts it. Not sure if its more or less sensitive as Ive just found out its possible tbh.
2020-6-3
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Somers Posted at 6-3 13:51
You can screen adjust the Gimbal up and down, left and right until the firmware sorts it. Not sure if its more or less sensitive as Ive just found out its possible tbh.

Hi
I've tried that. and it does work, I just have to remember to do it, and slowly.
Thanks for the tip!
2020-6-3
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 6-3 22:19
Hi
I've tried that. and it does work, I just have to remember to do it, and slowly.
Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome :-) I shared cautiously because I hadn't seen it advertised or reviews anywhere and wasn't sure if I was the only one who didn't know about it.
2020-6-4
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Somers Posted at 6-4 02:46
You're welcome :-) I shared cautiously because I hadn't seen it advertised or reviews anywhere and wasn't sure if I was the only one who didn't know about it.

No you were not alone. Someone gave the tip to me on a different  thread/complaint about the gimbal adjustment.
It just takes some getting used to...
2020-6-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Norway

I did some testing on my last trip now... it is quite a different in the gimbal adjuster from Tripod mode, Normal and Sport
2020-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules