Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adjusting RTH height in Waypoint?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have created a new Waypoint to fly around the perimeter of a field with a water tower in the middle.

I have set my flight height at 50m/162 feet which is below the top of the tower but my RTH height is also listed at the usual 50m/162 feet in the Waypoint summary.

I want to increase this to 220 feet/67m to ensure that if the drone loses signal for example and RTH triggers then it rises above the level of the tower before commencing RTH rather than risk flying straight into it where I might not have control over it.

Is this even possible without altering the global RTH height in Settings and then redoing to Waypoint mission?

And while I’m here I’ll ask again as DJI have ignored me for the last 17 months but is there any way when the aircraft is flying a Waypoint mission that I can have control of the gimbal?

Every time I try to adjust it to look down the drone fights against it and always returns it to the straight ahead position!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2020-5-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any reason you can't set the RTH higher than the tower when videoing? Maybe do a low tech, old fashioned, tie a red string around your finger to remind you to reset RTH after your mission.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules