Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can someone help me with a question please?
536 7 2020-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

Can someone help me with a question please?

hello, i'm a drone beginner and i recently bought a mavic mini, during my second flight i had a doubt and i would like someone to help me with it please:
Is it risky to take quick shots over long distances? do they work what will the drone do when the event is over?

I have this doubt because of the following situation:
I was making a flight and the drone was 1500 meters away when I found something interesting to do a quickshot on it (orbit in this case) I wanted to use the quickshot and use the orbit mode to film this monument, but I was afraid because I didn't know if it was possible or what would be the attitude that the drone would take after finishing the event ... is it safe / possible to make quick shots on targets so far away?

thank you

2020-5-9
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

In theory it should work fine, but keep in mind wind conditions may be different at distance.
2020-5-9
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Should be safe if you have previously observed the area around the object for obstacles. If the target is lost during the quickshot, you can either wait until the timeout or intervene manually. If the connection to the RC is lost during the quickshot, the drone will initiate RTH, which you can also end as soon as the drone is connected to the RC again. I would say just give it a try.
2020-5-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whilst I do not yet have my mini I have watched several videos where a drone has crashed into the rear of an object of interest.
I assume the following is possible, it is with a phantom 3 adv, before you go around the object, measure its height or its height relative to the take off point then reset your RTH height to above that.
In truth though I'd practise stuff in an empty field etc. before trying it in real flights, better to get bored and be safe than to be excited and crash
1500m away is almost certainly out of sight and a heck of a distance for a second ever flight

2020-5-9
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As far as I'm aware the QuickShot on the Mavic Mini is intended to track people, using it to track inanimate objects close by is risky, 1.5km away is not going to end well.

If you need this functionality you will need to get a higher spec drone with "point of interest" like the Mavic Air2 or Mavic Pro2. There are not many countries where it's legal to fly a drone 1.5km though unless you have a pro license.
2020-5-9
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-9 13:48
As far as I'm aware the QuickShot on the Mavic Mini is intended to track people, using it to track inanimate objects close by is risky, 1.5km away is not going to end well.

If you need this functionality you will need to get a higher spec drone with "point of interest" like the Mavic Air2 or Mavic Pro2. There are not many countries where it's legal to fly a drone 1.5km though unless you have a pro license.

Whether people or other objects it doesn't matter, also whether they are 10 meters or 1000 meters away. Most important that the objects have a good contrast to the surroundings and look equal or simlar during the orbit.
2020-5-9
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I absolutely advise against (even with much shorter range experience) doing a quick shot so far away in a place you can't directly see.

There are too many safety factors playing against such mode: the AC hasn't the best tracking, the distance already puts the aerial through its paces (video feedback and controls might be delayed), no obstacle avoidance and no direct supervision of the zone that can become the worst trivial mistake: you can quickly find yourself in between some cables you weren't expecting to be there only to realize they were there after you "entered" in line with them.

Best advice: do the quick shots only where you can perfectly see with your naked eye.
2020-5-9
Use props
The Foxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075869 ft
Brazil

Thanks to everyone who answered me, I will be attentive to all the warnings and tips posted here.
2020-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules