Crystal Sky Controller
1378 6 2020-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

Is the Crystal Sky Controller for the Inspire 2 like the one for the Mavic in that you can't load any 3rd Party Pilot apps on it?  Can it be removed and a standard tablet be plugged in or do you need the controller that doesn't come with Crystal Sky?

2020-5-9
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Crystalsky is different from Mavic's smart controller.  Different in a way that CS behaves just like a normal tablet.  Yes, Crystalsky is removable, unlike the smart controller, you have an integrated tablet and controller all in one.

For 3rd party apps - I believe there is a work around/hack - to get 3rd party app's installed in CrystalSky.  I saw someone here, in this DJI forum- posted a list of third party apps that can be installed, but there is a process on how to go about it.  I have no idea what's involved.     I have Crystalsky and purchased & installed Litchi (3rd party)  it was easy - via the Amazon Store App.  Im not sure if its the same with the Mavic Smart Controller.

As an alternative to Crystalsky, you can use any compatible tablet or cell phone that can run the DJI Go 4 app.
2020-5-9
Use props
Adenisot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11501778 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

yes it is different, and yes you can add some 3rd party apps, but I gave up because most of the time the crystal crash and you have to reboot or some app doesn't work, so I beleive better to stick on the app provided by DJI.
2020-5-10
Use props
Adenisot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11501778 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

yes it is different, and yes you can add some 3rd party apps, but I gave up because most of the time the crystal crash and you have to reboot or some app doesn't work, so I believe better to stick on the app provided by DJI.
2020-5-10
Use props
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

Joecos Posted at 5-9 10:49
Crystalsky is different from Mavic's smart controller.  Different in a way that CS behaves just like a normal tablet.  Yes, Crystalsky is removable, unlike the smart controller, you have an integrated tablet and controller all in one.

For 3rd party apps - I believe there is a work around/hack - to get 3rd party app's installed in CrystalSky.  I saw someone here, in this DJI forum- posted a list of third party apps that can be installed, but there is a process on how to go about it.  I have no idea what's involved.     I have Crystalsky and purchased & installed Litchi (3rd party)  it was easy - via the Amazon Store App.  Im not sure if its the same with the Mavic Smart Controller.

So if the Crystal Sky sometimes crashes with 3rd party apps, can you connect a different tablet to the controller?
2020-5-11
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Consultant Posted at 5-11 08:29
So if the Crystal Sky sometimes crashes with 3rd party apps, can you connect a different tablet to the controller?

Yes you can use a different tablet.  Newer ipad is recommended
2020-5-11
Use props
thelittledrone
lvl.2
Colombia

Adenisot Posted at 5-10 09:28
yes it is different, and yes you can add some 3rd party apps, but I gave up because most of the time the crystal crash and you have to reboot or some app doesn't work, so I believe better to stick on the app provided by DJI.

Hello ,
Not the same subject but you seems to be an expert and maybe you will get the answer :

I did the CristalSky update to 03.00.02.00 and I am looking to disable the remote controller from charging the CristalSky.

It seems it is impossible right now meanwhile it never happen before the update.
Before the update the remote controller was not charging the battery of the crystal sky and everything was working well.

Right now I can't even fly safely two batteries on my Mavic 2 Pro because the remote controller battery drain so fast.

Can you help ?

Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules