On the news in LA this evening.

http://abc7.com/news/drone-used- ... seal-beach-/787240/
2015-6-15
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Woohoo! Glad to see something good. People in my neck of the woods cant stand the things. I've made an attempt to start calling them RPVs, remotely piloted vehicles.  The D word has negative meaning. At least here.
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-6-16 14:35
Woohoo! Glad to see something good. People in my neck of the woods cant stand the things. I've made  ...

My RC plane friends have a standing joke. When a vehicle comes up and disgorges a bunch of kids, they look at each other and one of them says:

"About ten minutes, electric and as far as you can see."

They told me those are the answers to the most commonly asked questions!

When someone sees me with one of my quads and asks "..is that a drone?" My response is:

"No. A drone is a pilot-less vehicle that looks like a small plane, blah, blah, blah and generally flown remotely by military pilots. This is a quad copter. It's essentially an aerial camera platform. It's mostly for hobby use but is quickly being developed into aerial mapping devices, real estate, agriculture, search and rescue and a host of other activities and is phenomenally cheaper than a helicopter."

Sounds like a lot to remember, but after you've said it 60 times....
2015-6-16
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-16 22:09
My RC plane friends have a standing joke. When a vehicle comes up and disgorges a bunch of kids, t ...

That's a good one. If anything it'll catch brain synapses' off guard and leave them speechless. Gotta say it real quick and nerdy like though. I gotta memorize that one.
2015-6-16
Use props
Lonestar
lvl.1

United States

Here is a very positive article from a local Texas newspaper where the Inspire was used by a hobbiest the to help public safety evaluate flooding.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com ... ical-use-of-drones/
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules