Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Hub 3 Blink
16200 27 2020-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

I have the fly more combo with three batteries and a hub.  One of my batteries when placed in the hub has the third LED blink three times.  That battery when put into the drone is unresponsive and doesn't power the drone up.  I've tried moving my batteries around between the three ports and the other two batteries have no issues and the blink pattern follows the one battery.

In the hub's manual it says:
The abnormal status display of each battery status LED array is the same as the one for the battery level LEDSs on the aircraft when inserting the battery into the aircraft.  Refer to the Mavic Mini user manual for more information.

In the Mavic Mini manual it says over-voltage charger detected.  I'm using the DJI wall adapter and cable and the other batteries don't seem to have any issue with the hub, so I'm thinking this battery is having issues.  Is there anything I can try to get this battery working?
2020-5-10
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Put this battery and chargue it into in the drone  ,not in the hub  i had the same problem , Hope it help
2020-5-10
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't have the hub yet but I'll watch out for this when I do. Thx.
2020-5-11
Use props
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

I tried putting the battery in the drone and plugging it in.  I get all four LEDs flashing.  I let it go for about an hour and it didn't seem like it did anything.  Returned it to the hub and it still does the three blinks of LED 3.
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear the difficulties that you encountered. Could you please record a video to show the problem? I'd like to forward it to the related team for a check. Thanks.
2020-5-11
Use props
mikehmeyer
lvl.1

United States

I took a couple of quick videos but the forum is pretty restrictive.  The videos were .mov from my iphone which isn't an allowed format.  I tried converting to .gif but the files are too big.  Can you let me know the best way to get the videos to you?
2020-5-12
Use props
Cristian Onescu
lvl.1

Romania

I have the same issue on mini 2. The drone is new, i bought it yesterday. Only the battery that was inside the drone does this, the other two are ok.
The 3rd led blinks 3 times fast at an interval of 5 seconds.
2021-3-9
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

mikehmeyer Posted at 2020-5-12 07:51
I took a couple of quick videos but the forum is pretty restrictive.  The videos were .mov from my iphone which isn't an allowed format.  I tried converting to .gif but the files are too big.  Can you let me know the best way to get the videos to you?

Yea, convert the video into a format other than an Apple proprietary format.
.mp4 comes to mind.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_2GCGwiRsT5MF
New

United States

I just received my dj Magic mini 2 today and this is exactly what is happening to me. The battery that came installed in aircraft is the one that has the third light blinking three times when charging in the hub. The other two batteries are fine. I also was missing cables props screws and other stuff in box but that’s a separate issue.
2021-3-15
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

mikehmeyer Posted at 2020-5-12 07:51

Try converting it to almost any non-Apple proprietary format.  .mp4 comes to mind.
2021-3-15
Use props
heartist21
New

United States

Hi I have one battery out of 3 that does the same thing in the charging hub and looking for an answer if the battery is okay or need to be repaired. Because it shows all four lights lit in the drone and it flies too. I have mini 2 fly more combo. I have video clip from my iPhone and converted it to an mp4 file for this but this website wouldn't take mp4 files either.
2021-4-3
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

Do you checked out if there are dust or anything else is on the contact of the batterie, even on the contacts of the hub? What heppening when you change the 3 batteries in the hub? Is there only the problem at the 3rd loading point?
2021-4-3
Use props
Spidel
New
Greece

I have the same problem, all the batteries are full charged but one of them the third led are blinking three times every some seconds after the charged procedure.
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_eYbZb2tJqR6Q
New

United States

Just opened my mini 2 today and I am having the same problem with one of my three batteries. Any solution for this yet? Or is the battery done?
2021-4-4
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Are you using a 2A charging  transformer.
If a battery is to worm it will nut charge.if in a charging hub it will only charge the fullest battery first then will go to the next fullest .
Just a thought.
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_SdjHNT4vHkAs
New
United Arab Emirates

Did anyone find a solution for this issue. I bought mine today and have exactly the same problem. Using everything that came with the combo to charge. Only the battery that was in the drone when opened has this issue.
2021-4-7
Use props
fansc4a374b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334334 ft
Canada

I got the same issue on one of 3 batteries in the combo. I have left one of the batteries in the drone after flight, and after 20 days it blinks 3rd LED two times. My guess is that the cell voltage level fell below the threshold, and the charging chip refuses to charge the battery.
I have tried measuring the voltage on the terminals, but the only reading is 3V on the C and D connectors, same as the working battery.Looks like the charging controller does not allow access to the individual cells like my previous drones had.
I have contacted support to see what is their solution...

1606248810-DJI_Mini2_Battery_pinout.jpg
2021-4-26
Use props
Thedave1989
New

Ireland

Hi, I have 3 batteries off my mavic mini in the charging hub and the following is happening

Battery 1 - light 1 and 2 flash in sequence 5 times quickly, like it is charging.

Then the following lights flash 3 times
Battery 1 - light 1 solid, light 2 flash
Battery 2 - light 1 flash
Battery 3 - light 1 flash

I know the batteries are low with battery 1 having the most charge but I've never seen it do this before.

Can't see anything in the manual

Any help?
2021-5-2
Use props
SipSip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 378510 ft
Canada

fansc4a374b4 Posted at 4-26 17:31
I got the same issue on one of 3 batteries in the combo. I have left one of the batteries in the drone after flight, and after 20 days it blinks 3rd LED two times. My guess is that the cell voltage level fell below the threshold, and the charging chip refuses to charge the battery.
I have tried measuring the voltage on the terminals, but the only reading is 3V on the C and D connectors, same as the working battery.Looks like the charging controller does not allow access to the individual cells like my previous drones had.
I have contacted support to see what is their solution...

Did they resolve the issue?

Having the same blinking problem with 1 of the battery now.
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_EhOCPVPvVFIv
New

Sweden

Just got a mini 2 home too and waiting for controller to charge. Got same blinking 3rd light, I'm surprised it seems common but no input from DJI on the topic..
2021-6-2
Use props
wanderingyeti
New

United States

I am also facing the same issue on the DJI Mini 2 fly more combo just bought and haven't used yet.
2021-6-7
Use props
fansa6df8235
New

Spain

Did they resolve the issue?

Having the same blinking problem with 1 of the battery now. i just buy the dji and i have it only one day

I am also suffer the same issue on the DJI Mini 2 fly more combo just bought and haven't used yet.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_XfOwFyAIc0tA
New

Indonesia

mikehmeyer Posted at 2020-5-11 08:33
I tried putting the battery in the drone and plugging it in.  I get all four LEDs flashing.  I let it go for about an hour and it didn't seem like it did anything.  Returned it to the hub and it still does the three blinks of LED 3.

exactly, mine either, any solution yet?
2021-6-16
Use props
dqdave
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem. Any solution from DJI?
2021-6-17
Use props
janci11
New

Slovakia

same problem here
2021-6-23
Use props
djiuser_Wgahan3Ic9US
New

Canada

I have a brand new DJI Mini 2 with the same issue. One battery blinks three times on the fourth light. Other batters charge fine. Do I need to exchange this at Best Buy? (Literally bought this TODAY, the battery in question was used once)
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_OqjLBKOYw7Az
New

United Kingdom

Hi I’ve the same problem, brand new just arrived. Are DJI replacing the faulty battery under warranty?
2021-8-1
Use props
djiuser_hJ9CJvDZc3OX
New

United States

What was the outcome of this problem? I just got a mini 3 peo today and getting the blinking on led 3 on the 1st bay. I took it out and put it in the drone and shows 99% (unless that is for the RC)
Just wondering if DJI ever responded.
2023-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules