Your New Mavic Air 2 Battery Won't Charge and Cannot be Powered on?
1234Next >
83299 145 2020-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpvalery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509872 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jpvalery Posted at 5-19 20:08
Getting the 30068 error as well on 2 batteries. Trying the 3 minutes advice.

Worth noting: I was able to start the drone motors without the app launched by using the kill switch joystick movement, but once I started the app, it didn’t work anymore.

The 3rd battery works.

The 2 others don't.

I will open a separate thread for that 30068 issue
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_8aMU9rOyhToC
lvl.1

Romania

Interesting info...
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_8aMU9rOyhToC
lvl.1

Romania

Interesting info...
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_8aMU9rOyhToC
lvl.1

Romania

Interesting info...
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_8aMU9rOyhToC
lvl.1

Romania

Interesting info...
2020-5-20
Use props
rzepa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555528 ft
Poland

One of my battery was not working at all.
I call to my local shop and they exchange my whole drone to new one.
2020-5-20
Use props
LittleBirdZero
New
Flight distance : 59209 ft
United States

My Mavic Air 2 RC won't charge my iPhone, I tried it with a few different phones so I know its not just mine. I saw in a few other videos online it didn't look like it was charging phones. Is this a setting that has to be turned on? If so how?
2020-5-22
Use props
LittleBirdZero
New
Flight distance : 59209 ft
United States

My Mavic Air 2 RC won't charge my iPhone, I tried it with a few different phones so I know its not just mine. I saw in a few other videos online it didn't look like it was charging phones. Is this a setting that has to be turned on? If so how?
2020-5-22
Use props
NorthHollywoodDon
New
Flight distance : 604 ft
United States

I can't remove the battery from my Mavic Air 2. I'll start a thread about this.
2020-5-24
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

LittleBirdZero Posted at 5-22 20:26
My Mavic Air 2 RC won't charge my iPhone, I tried it with a few different phones so I know its not just mine. I saw in a few other videos online it didn't look like it was charging phones. Is this a setting that has to be turned on? If so how?

In the Fly app under the controls settings, switch this option on to charge the phone - Note this resets to off each time the app is restarted.

2020-5-25
Use props
fans8e320b3b
lvl.1
United States

jpvalery Posted at 5-19 20:08
Getting the 30068 error as well on 2 batteries. Trying the 3 minutes advice.

Worth noting: I was able to start the drone motors without the app launched by using the kill switch joystick movement, but once I started the app, it didn’t work anymore.

did you get anywhere with this? i'm getting the same error with all three batteries

2020-5-26
Use props
fans8e320b3b
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT Posted at 5-19 04:29
I am getting battery installed incorrectly error on all batteries 30068, the fix doesnt seem to be working...

did you get anywhere with this? i'm getting the same error with all three batteries
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT
lvl.1

Belgium

fans8e320b3b Posted at 5-26 15:11

Got my money back, ordered a new one
2020-5-26
Use props
RonanCah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119603 ft
Ireland

Glad I saw this before mine arrived - should probably look at making this a bit more obvious to new owners!
2020-5-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fully charged each of my three batteries separately on the charger to bring them out of hibernation mode then placed each one into the drone and updated the battery firmware before recharging the batteries using the hub from the second charge cycle. I've had no problems at all with any of the batteries.
2020-5-30
Use props
DAVIDTNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2851 ft
New Zealand

brusa69 Posted at 5-16 01:01
I have a question ...
do we have to charge every battery one at a time without using the hub everytime they go to storage mode?
Or this is only needed the 1st time when they arrive from the plant?

From what I have seen online, the latter. It is just to “wake up” the batteries at delivery. One at a time, on the wall charger, then use the multiboard.
2020-5-31
Use props
jimfalt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136598 ft
Greece

Worked for me
2020-6-4
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

You mean to charge them THIS WAY the first time?

Phoebe watches suspiciously. (There's another DRONE in his life!)
2020-6-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

All 3 of mine work fine.
2020-6-9
Use props
famorim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595574 ft
Brazil

I am facing an issue with my 3 batteries that came with the combo fly more. I charged the battery and couple minutes later attach this to MA2. When I turn on the drone, remote control and open up the app, it reports the battery is about 92% charged.

I found this behavior on all 3 batteries and also charging using the hub and direct to the charger one by one.

Does anyone noticed that behavior ?
2020-6-13
Use props
djiuser_ScjOzMJMognQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83783 ft
United States

What’s the point of the video
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ScjOzMJMognQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83783 ft
United States

What’s the point of the video
2020-6-14
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
United States

Thanks! Followed this and all 3 of mine work fine. Wow! 4K video fills up the SD card FAST!
2020-6-15
Use props
djiadambo1
New
Flight distance : 1391 ft
United States

Eleox87 Posted at 5-15 04:53
I am having the same issue. All three batteries were able to charge independently but when I connect the power cable to the hub, I get no light indicator at all. Based on what I am reading, it seems that when you connect the power to the hub, (i am not sure if regardless of having batteries connected or not) there is supposed to be a red light indicator that should come on. In my case, no lights come up at all with or without batteries connected.

I am having exact same issue with no light coming on the Charging hub.  All batteries charged independently fine.  All were used in drone and updated firmware. Tried to charge them on at a time on hub after discharging to about 50% on each, but still no light on hub at all.  Ruled out the wall outlet, because the battery charges fine when I plug the charging cable directly to the battery fro same outlet.  
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_Ptz2NGihwQ6h
New
Flight distance : 10394 ft
Spain

djiadambo1 Posted at 6-16 17:21
I am having exact same issue with no light coming on the Charging hub.  All batteries charged independently fine.  All were used in drone and updated firmware. Tried to charge them on at a time on hub after discharging to about 50% on each, but still no light on hub at all.  Ruled out the wall outlet, because the battery charges fine when I plug the charging cable directly to the battery fro same outlet.

Same here. All batteries charged fine one by one with the charger. But with the charger hub no light on the batteries or the hub. I have prepared a video showing the issue to the support mates.
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_lFg8wAYivi6Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378091 ft
Russia

Scenario 3!!!

New air 2 Fly More Combo, battery led1 blinks constantly twice a second after the attempt to charge it
Doesn't charge from charger
Aircraft with it installed won't turn on, it just continue to blink

So the recomendations are not helping
2020-6-18
Use props
Elvizz666
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83317 ft
Thailand

I also had the same issue in the beginning. Now it works.
2020-6-20
Use props
djiuser_4eXcomFNmlme
New

Malaysia

I didn’t notice that can’t use the charging hub to charge the batteries initially as DJI didn’t mention it in the user manual. However, I did only give it a try to charge one battery using the charging hub at first and there is no any problem to fly the drone for first three times. This morning when I want to fly for fourth time, the battery error 30068 message popped up. I tried to charge the other two batteries using single charger and got the same 30068 error as well. Now all 3 batteries are facing the same problem and I can’t even fly my drone. Tried the mentioned solution but failed as well, any other solution ?
2020-6-22
Use props
djiuser_r2O0p9KVKPZ4
New
United States

Oh, boy. This forum thread does not bode well. My Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo arrives in two days. It's sounding a lot like most (but not all) of the battery charge and use successes are coming from just setting aside the 3-battery charging hub and charging each battery for the first time using the charger, one at a time. I'll see if that tactic works for me to get all three batteries fully charged and ready for use, without any errors. But it's also sounding like some are having issues no matter what instructions they try to follow. I sure hope I don't have problems, because that's going to make me a very unhappy DJI customer right off the bat.
2020-6-22
Use props
fans0624f135
New

United States

Recieved my Fly More Combo yesterday.  Didn't see the warnings about hub, but the batteries did all CHARGE ON THE HUB.  Installed the first battery this AM and got the error message, battery shows 100% charged.  Will have to contact DJI Service now I suppose.
2020-6-23
Use props
AmyR85
New

United States

I bought the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Pack plus 1 additional battery, so a total of 4.  I charged all 4 batteries, did the firmware update for all 4 and they all give the battery installation error.  I just bought everything 2 days ago and haven't even been able to fly it.  I've tried to look up anything that I could do to try to fix it and nothing is working!
2020-6-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

fansd704ca37 Posted at 5-14 14:00
One of the 3 batteries I got from the FlyMore pack is also doing this. Wont charge or power on when on charger directly... I don't even see how firmware can fix something that wont charge..

typical dji marketing gimmick....they are trying to make money from shipping
2020-6-25
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Non working new batteries worry me about failure at the wrong time.
2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_r2O0p9KVKPZ4
New
United States

A J Posted at 5-30 09:25
I fully charged each of my three batteries separately on the charger to bring them out of hibernation mode then placed each one into the drone and updated the battery firmware before recharging the batteries using the hub from the second charge cycle. I've had no problems at all with any of the batteries.

This is precisely what I did, after having read ALL the discussion about waking up and charging the new batteries WELL BEFORE my MA2 Fly More arrived. First, I numbered each battery with a Sharpie (on the side, where it isn't normally seen): 1, 2 and 3. Then I attached each battery individually, in sequence, to the CHARGER, not the CHARGING HUB. Each battery charged quickly to 100%. Then I updated the aircraft firmware, the RC firmware, and all three batteries' firmware by dropping each battery into the aircraft, powering it up, and allowing DJI Fly to detect the need of an update, and perform it. I could have done all the firmware updating using DJI Assistant 2, but opted for the mobile approach first. I am all ready to go. My FAA Cert Num decals arrive on Friday. I'll affix those to the hull, and then take her out for first flights this weekend. Haven't seen any error messages.
2020-6-29
Use props
cliff2help1um.
New
Flight distance : 2425 ft
South Africa

I have a problem charging the batteries as all three only charge to around 50%. How do I reset or something in order to get to 100%?
2020-6-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_r2O0p9KVKPZ4 Posted at 6-29 22:28
This is precisely what I did, after having read ALL the discussion about waking up and charging the new batteries WELL BEFORE my MA2 Fly More arrived. First, I numbered each battery with a Sharpie (on the side, where it isn't normally seen): 1, 2 and 3. Then I attached each battery individually, in sequence, to the CHARGER, not the CHARGING HUB. Each battery charged quickly to 100%. Then I updated the aircraft firmware, the RC firmware, and all three batteries' firmware by dropping each battery into the aircraft, powering it up, and allowing DJI Fly to detect the need of an update, and perform it. I could have done all the firmware updating using DJI Assistant 2, but opted for the mobile approach first. I am all ready to go. My FAA Cert Num decals arrive on Friday. I'll affix those to the hull, and then take her out for first flights this weekend. Haven't seen any error messages.

Congrats on the new drone. Seems like you've done everything you need to. I've been flying the MA2 for 5-6 weeks now - done 30 flights so far covering around 150 miles - no errors or issues so far. It's a great drone packed with loads of features.
2020-6-30
Use props
Zirotti
New

United States

Just got MA2 yesterday. Charged all up first time on the hub. They worked. Recharged and updated battery firmware, and none work now...
2020-7-6
Use props
djiuser_u2vxlCtws1Od
New

United States

My battery won't take any charge or turn on. I drained it to 0% (not purposely) and tried to charge it but nothing happens. I connected it to the standalone charger but nothing. Let me add that i hadn't flew the drone in a week or so, when I started flying it was at 55% and my batteries are the gray ones not white lettering. Heard there's something to that also. I've been flying this drone since day one and I charged all of them on the standalone the first time
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_JsU0MqhXNGKA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 513881 ft
United States

Im having issue with my battery.  It melted mid flight.  I noticed that I can't turn the battery off, no matter what I do.  I was on hold for more than 2 hour to get a case going then mid way got hang up.  No luck on thru online support either.  I just barely got this drone two week ago.  I never charge it thru the hub only thru the single brick charger.  What are my option?  Should I start a youtube video and tweet on twitter just to get help.  
20200711_204115.jpg
20200711_204051.jpg
20200711_204155.jpg
2020-7-13
Use props
Malthe Van Heerden
lvl.2

South Africa

The batteries wont charge all at once, they charge individually
2020-7-30
Use props
1234Next >