Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Your New Mavic Air 2 Battery Won't Charge and Cannot be Powered on?
1234Next >
83166 145 2020-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

DJI's New Mavic Air 2 has been released. Are you ready to up your creative game with this new drone? However, we noticed that some users have reported that after receiving their long-awaited Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, they used the battery charging hub to activate the batteries after unboxing! But they realized that the indicator on the battery charging hub was solid red, and then one of the batteries cannot be turned on, or it can be powered on but not charged.

What's wrong with it? What can I do? Should I send back the battery?

Don’t worry! We have asked our R&D engineers, and here is their answer:

To ensure transportation safety, Mavic Air 2 batteries are set to Sleep mode before shipping. Simply connect the battery with the battery charger by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide or User Manual to activate the battery and fully charge it, then begin using it.

Scenario 1:
When using the battery charging hub to make the battery wake up from Hibernate status, the battery does not wake up and cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red.

Solution:
Charge the battery with the battery charger to wake up the battery.
1.png
Scenario 2:
After the battery wakes up from Sleep mode by using the battery charging hub, the battery can then be turned on, but it cannot be charged, and the indicator on the battery charging hub is solid red. Then, when the battery is inserted into the aircraft and powered on, the app will prompt that there is a battery communication error.

Solution: (This issue is also easy to solve.)
  • Mount the battery to the aircraft. Power it on and wait for at least 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn off the battery, remove the battery from the aircraft, and leave it idle for more than 3 minutes.
  • Insert the battery into the battery charger for charging. Then the battery can be charged normally.
  • If the battery level is sufficient when the battery is powered on and inserted into the aircraft, update the battery firmware to the latest version. This can also fix the issue.

When the battery wakes up normally, you can now use the battery charging hub or the battery charger to charge the battery!

We hope this can help you. If you have any other questions during use, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for supporting DJI! Enjoy your flight with the Mavic Air 2.

2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_IstTJHi4z1Cn
New
United States

1 out of the 3 batteries that came in my FlyMore combo will not charge, or power on. Solution 1 as shown above does nothing.
2020-5-11
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

It worked for me.
2020-5-12
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine charged fine on the 3 port charger.
2020-5-12
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Interesting info...
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_G6ThmSFxyGfT
New

United States

djiuser_IstTJHi4z1Cn Posted at 5-11 19:56
1 out of the 3 batteries that came in my FlyMore combo will not charge, or power on. Solution 1 as shown above does nothing.

I have the exact same issue. 1 of the 3 batteries won't even turn on or anything.
2020-5-13
Use props
Mammuto
New
United States

I think the hub will charge 1 by 1
2020-5-13
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

All batteries 3x charges no problem....   straight from the box..
2020-5-13
Use props
djiuser_ano39CZUUk2J
lvl.1

United States

1 of my batteries only charges with without the hub, when i put it in the mavic air 2 i get battery communication malfunction 110007
2020-5-14
Use props
BiggCStylez
New
Flight distance : 534088 ft
United States

Same as above. One of the 3 batteries will not charge, either on the hub, or on the charger straightaway. Please help.
2020-5-14
Use props
fansd704ca37
New
Flight distance : 143451 ft
United States

One of the 3 batteries I got from the FlyMore pack is also doing this. Wont charge or power on when on charger directly... I don't even see how firmware can fix something that wont charge..
2020-5-14
Use props
fans3360a453
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15564 ft
United States

Will mavic air 2 support smart capture and hand gestures in the future?
2020-5-14
Use props
atort13mac.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1330479 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_IstTJHi4z1Cn Posted at 5-11 19:56
1 out of the 3 batteries that came in my FlyMore combo will not charge, or power on. Solution 1 as shown above does nothing.  I made this video about it too and this is what the battery is doing now.  

Me neither!  I have 2 working and 1 bricked and really annoying.  This is what I am getting when attempting to fly with it.  
2020-5-14
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think one of my batteries is "bricked". I get the warning "battery communication malfunction" and also the top battery light flashes. I did the single charge as instructed. Any thoughts, DJI?
Quick follow-up:
I searched around and found this youtube: Something you may wish to consider, at your own risk?
I gave it a try and it works, for me. It is an easy 3 minute on (while flashing) in drone (with latest firmware), set battery aside "off" for 3 minutes and then single charge to full. All four lights are now on and the battery is "woke". Also tested in the MA2, no warning signal. I am ready to fly in the morning. Wish you well.

2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_E86uWzISRO8q
New

United States

I had same issue, I just charged the one battery directly to the charger and not on the hub and it charged it to full. Hope this helps.
2020-5-14
Use props
Eleox87
lvl.1

United States

BiggCStylez Posted at 5-14 13:19
Same as above. One of the 3 batteries will not charge, either on the hub, or on the charger straightaway. Please help.

I am having the same issue. All three batteries were able to charge independently but when I connect the power cable to the hub, I get no light indicator at all. Based on what I am reading, it seems that when you connect the power to the hub, (i am not sure if regardless of having batteries connected or not) there is supposed to be a red light indicator that should come on. In my case, no lights come up at all with or without batteries connected.
2020-5-15
Use props
rzepa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555528 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem with one of my battery but I try everything above but it won't even turn on or anything. No light on battery with single charge and yellow led while on hub... will have to contact support
2020-5-15
Use props
aotearoa
New
United States

I m glad I found this page.

Got Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo and the ONLY battery charging off the battery hub  was the one inserted into the Mavic. I guess it had enough juice off the assembly line or something

The other 2 spares in box wont charge when placed on the battery hub. When I put them on the battery port, the lights blink green on battery momentarily for like 5 times or so and then go blank. The charging port light does not light up green and remains red. So I plugged one of the spare batteries directly to charger and it is currently indicating it is charging. Green lights blink on the battery indicating charge up. Will see how it goes.

It seems the spares are not able to juice up from the battery hub due to being depleted to such a large degree and need to be plugged directly to charger which appears to provide more juice that route vs when on the battery hub. DJI should put some verbiage on this scenario in their manual. They dropped the ball on this
2020-5-15
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3353 ft
Germany

aotearoa Posted at 5-15 18:11

Got Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo and the ONLY battery charging off the battery hub  was the one inserted into the Mavic. I guess it had enough juice off the assembly line or something

The hub charges only one batterie at once and starts with the one most charged...
2020-5-15
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Got Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo and the ONLY battery charging off the battery hub  was the one inserted into the Mavic. I guess it had enough juice off the assembly line or something

They should have been shipped completely empty. Mine were.
2020-5-15
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

I charged mine one at a time. Took awhile. Better safe than sorry I suppose. No problems at all.
2020-5-15
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have a question ...
do we have to charge every battery one at a time without using the hub everytime they go to storage mode?
Or this is only needed the 1st time when they arrive from the plant?
Thanks!
2020-5-16
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Germany

brusa69 Posted at 5-16 01:01
I have a question ...
do we have to charge every battery one at a time without using the hub everytime they go to storage mode?
Or this is only needed the 1st time when they arrive from the plant?

Only the first time: Make sure you insert every battery in the drone and turn it on first after charging before charging it the first time in the hub.
2020-5-16
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Thank you- I charged my batteries individually first an seemed to have avoided any problems.
2020-5-16
Use props
Speedbird1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218337 ft
United Kingdom

embe71 Posted at 5-15 19:49
The hub charges only one batterie at once and starts with the one most charged...

I tend to agree with you on that. I put all three into the hub before powering on and maybe coincidentaly the one furthest away from the power in point, which happens to be also the one loaded in the drone started to charge first, then the next and then the final one. What i did notice was that it seemed to take ages to charge all of them initially.
All three of mine have charged ok or so it appears.
I have only so far flown with battery 1 as time ran out for me (other things to do)  and the battery seems to last forever.
2020-5-16
Use props
MavicCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23724 ft
United Kingdom

Charged mine singly one at a time using the standard charger, not the 3way charger as I’d seen this issue mentioned in YouTube videos prior to receiving my Air2 thank fully.
2020-5-16
Use props
fans8eff9ddc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am getting a different scenario, just got the drone yesterday charged all 3 batteries up with the HUB and I get battery installation error code 30068 is there a fix?
2020-5-16
Use props
fans8eff9ddc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

atort13mac.com Posted at 5-14 16:02
Me neither!  I have 2 working and 1 bricked and really annoying.  This is what I am getting when attempting to fly with it.  [view_image]

similar issue for me , all 3 charged with the multi charger for the first time getting an error code 30068 battery installation error
2020-5-16
Use props
BNeal
lvl.3
United States

I must have lucked-out. Unboxed, slapped all 3 on the hub, and they individually charged one at a time. All batteries are showing full charge.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_YJH1MzWc32ba
lvl.1

Croatia

Mine cant even start! Coz of activation problem! Now i have brick worth 1300 euros!!!! Waited for 3 weeks, and now wont even start up
2020-5-17
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_YJH1MzWc32ba Posted at 5-17 14:09
Mine cant even start! Coz of activation problem! Now i have brick worth 1300 euros!!!! Waited for 3 weeks, and now wont even start up

This has nothing to do with the topic here though.
2020-5-17
Use props
Rashed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184108 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Dji assistance 2 for mavic will correct the batteries error its work for me perfectly
2020-5-18
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am glad I read this first. I charged all of them individually and they're working fine.
2020-5-18
Use props
fede.bill92
lvl.1
Italy

One of my batteries is dead! It doesn't turn on! How can i fix it?
2020-5-18
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407247 ft
New Zealand

same issue.
took it back to DJI auk and they had to to a battery software update, now all ok
2020-5-18
Use props
fanse8abc5f0
lvl.1
Italy

marekmk7 Posted at 5-18 11:12
same issue.
took it back to DJI auk and they had to to a battery software update, now all ok

sorry can u explain me better ? what did u do?
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_56PInEDI8AjT
lvl.1

Belgium

I am getting battery installed incorrectly error on all batteries 30068, the fix doesnt seem to be working...
2020-5-19
Use props
dsafafa
New

United States

<hello>"'hello'"
2020-5-19
Use props
dsafafa
New

United States

<hello>"'hello'"
2020-5-19
Use props
jpvalery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509872 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Getting the 30068 error as well on 2 batteries. Trying the 3 minutes advice.

Worth noting: I was able to start the drone motors without the app launched by using the kill switch joystick movement, but once I started the app, it didn’t work anymore.
2020-5-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules