White pixel tracing over the image
588 6 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crypto404
lvl.1
Netherlands

When filming now I get white pixels tracing across the screen at random intervals, not easy to spot in still pictures but I marked the pixel in the two attached images. Is this a sensor fault or firmware issue. As I am unable to detect them on my phone during filming, it makes a lot of the shots bad to edit as it looks like a snowball is being tossed infront of the camera.

If needed I can uploade the raw video, as its easier to spott when its tracing across.

white pixel

white pixel

white pixel

white pixel
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Crypto404, we will need the original files for further analysis, What is the model of your drone? Does the white pixel persist in the same position? Please check the lens to see whether it is dirty.
2020-5-11
Use props
Crypto404
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 20:28
Hi Crypto404, we will need the original files for further analysis, What is the model of your drone? Does the white pixel persist in the same position? Please check the lens to see whether it is dirty.

The Drone Model number is: WM331A

The white pixel is moving across as the video is played, and not in the same spot. Happens multiple times during a 10 minute video. I am currently uploading the raw file to onedrive. Will post link after its done. File size is about 3.8GB
2020-5-13
Use props
Crypto404
lvl.1
Norway

at 0:36-0:38 there is two white pixel moving from upper left of the video (from the Sky) directly towards the drone. The link below is to onedrive and the raw video from the drone. The link is active for a week. Size is 3.8GB duration is 5:27

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aje85TAp02LqwCXIUJaHdtNV43Ik?e=Oa8bHq
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Crypto404 Posted at 5-13 08:24
at 0:36-0:38 there is two white pixel moving from upper left of the video (from the Sky) directly towards the drone. The link below is to onedrive and the raw video from the drone. The link is active for a week. Size is 3.8GB duration is 5:27

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aje85TAp02LqwCXIUJaHdtNV43Ik?e=Oa8bHq

Hi Crypto404, I'me terribly sorry for the late response, unfortunately, the link is not available on our side, it can't be opened.
Did you test in other environments? It seems a shadow of something, since it is not in the same place and not persist during the whole shooting, it is hard to tell whether there is a camera sensor error. Please try to clean the lens, reset the camera settings or refresh the firmware to see whether it happens again.
2020-5-18
Use props
Crypto404
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 03:09
Hi Crypto404, I'me terribly sorry for the late response, unfortunately, the link is not available on our side, it can't be opened.
Did you test in other environments? It seems a shadow of something, since it is not in the same place and not persist during the whole shooting, it is hard to tell whether there is a camera sensor error. Please try to clean the lens, reset the camera settings or refresh the firmware to see whether it happens again.

Is there a site that supports large file size and free that you can access ? if so I can upload the file there

I have cleaned both the original lense and the ND filters, but since the white pixels are moving across the frames and not in the same location its not a dust partical on the inside of the lense.

I have attached 7 frames of the video clip, these are all sequential order and happening within the timeframe 0:37 - 0:38 (min:seconds) I have marked where the white pixels starts and where they are in the next frame. Frame 7 they are quite obvious.

2020-5-18
Use props
Crypto404
lvl.1
Norway

I have not tested downgrading it to a earlier firmware, but the firmware it currently is running is V01.05.0600. In my list of available earlier versions is only V01.05.0300
2020-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules