Streaming via RTMP to OBS Studio
7407 7 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdgegergorengre
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Seems like a fairly simple thing to ask seen as DJI offer an RTMP custom option in the livestream section of the app, but given even getting persmission to post a thread has taken a fair bit of spamming replies on old threads, I imagine this is going to be long and complicated....

I have a Phantom 4 Pro+, and want to livestream it to OBS Studio.

There is software out there that will do this easily, like RTMP Miniserver, but it costs like £600. Insane.

I've got something called MistServer which is free and seems very capable, but I CANNOT get that to work.

Is there really no easy and simple way to get this working?

I know the Phantom 4 Pro provides a lovely RAW HDMI output from the cnntroller (an excellent feature) but that would mean I need to get an HDMI capture card.

If they offer custom RTMP streaming, it should work. Simple. Easy. But it doesn't.

(This is a repost, going to keep posting it until I get an answer)
2020-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You are unlikely to get an answer from DJI, as the moderators will not have any knolwedge of what you are asking. And if someone else on here knew the answer, they would have posted a reply by now.
2020-5-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Try here

https://www.how2shout.com/tools/ ... rvers-software.html
2020-5-11
Use props
sdgegergorengre
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 5-11 17:28
You are unlikely to get an answer from DJI, as the moderators will not have any knolwedge of what you are asking. And if someone else on here knew the answer, they would have posted a reply by now.

The Phantom Pro LITERALLY has a "RTMP Custom" option in the streaming menu.

Of course they fucking know. And people do this all the time, so they must know too.
2020-5-12
Use props
sdgegergorengre
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-11 17:42
Try here

https://www.how2shout.com/tools/free-best-open-source-video-streaming-servers-software.html

I'll look through those.

Tried MistServer, can't get it to work. The instructions from their end are clear, I just need someone who knows how to do it from the Phantom end.

A lot of those won't work straight off the bat, but I'll try the others.
2020-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sdgegergorengre Posted at 5-12 09:44
The Phantom Pro LITERALLY has a "RTMP Custom" option in the streaming menu.

Of course they fucking know. And people do this all the time, so they must know too.

"Of course they fucking know. And people do this all the time, so they must know too."

No need to be so rude about it. But you are a newbie and also a pom, so I will ignore it this time. This is a user forum, which means most of the help you may get will come from other users. The moderators are not in the least bit technical, in fact it is doubtful if they have ever used their own product. And you don't get to talk to DJI technical people on this forum. So if you want help, stay civil and talk to the users.
2020-5-12
Use props
sdgegergorengre
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 5-12 14:36
"Of course they fucking know. And people do this all the time, so they must know too."

No need to be so rude about it. But you are a newbie and also a pom, so I will ignore it this time. This is a user forum, which means most of the help you may get will come from other users. The moderators are not in the least bit technical, in fact it is doubtful if they have ever used their own product. And you don't get to talk to DJI technical people on this forum. So if you want help, stay civil and talk to the users.

Apologies for getting angry, but I've not been this angered by a technical issue for years - 2013, trying to power a Nikon camera via an AC adapter.

Much like in that instance, I KNOW it is possible as I've seen it done, but no one can tell me how. Why?

Is it really that hard? Why on earth would that option be on there, presumably designed and coded at some effort and cost?

And what do you mean about this forum? Isn't this DJI's official forum? Why would moderators have never used a drone on a drone forum?
2020-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sdgegergorengre Posted at 5-13 06:54
Apologies for getting angry, but I've not been this angered by a technical issue for years - 2013, trying to power a Nikon camera via an AC adapter.

Much like in that instance, I KNOW it is possible as I've seen it done, but no one can tell me how. Why?

"And what do you mean about this forum? Isn't this DJI's official forum? Why would moderators have never used a drone on a drone forum?"

The moderators have a list of canned responses, just like a call centre in the Phillipines, they have no technical knowledge, and simply promise to relay your request to someone else, which usually does not happen. This is primarily a users form, meaning the users on here end up solving most of the issues raised by the members. All you can hope for here is that a user has done what you are trying to do and will answer your query.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules