Central processor overheating warning
3815 16 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23809 ft
United States

I just got the Mavic Air 2 and after updating the firmware and updating the fly safe I went into go fly just to check out the app. I got a central processor overheating warning and it said to turn off. The bottom of the drone was very warm. Has anyone come across this issue? I’ve had the Mavic 1 for years and I’ve never seen this issue. I’m hoping I didn’t get a defective drone.
2020-5-11
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh and here we go product release and already issues. No surprise but hopefully its a one off thing. Sorry I couldn't help paid for it still waiting for DJI to process the damn order.
2020-5-11
Use props
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
United States

Visual Air Posted at 5-11 15:29
Oh and here we go product release and already issues. No surprise but hopefully its a one off thing. Sorry I couldn't help paid for it still waiting for DJI to process the damn order.

I let it cool off for about an hour and when I went to the app again everything worked fine. I was able to make all the changes to the settings and take a tour of the new app. No heat issues at all. Maybe I put the battery in too soon after charging and that combined with all of the firmware updates caused the overheating.
2020-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tcnole 1 Posted at 5-11 16:24
I let it cool off for about an hour and when I went to the app again everything worked fine. I was able to make all the changes to the settings and take a tour of the new app. No heat issues at all. Maybe I put the battery in too soon after charging and that combined with all of the firmware updates caused the overheating.

The processor in the aircraft does a lot of hard work, and it relies to a large extent on the air movement through the aircraft when it is flying to keep the processor at an acceptable temperature. If you have the aircraft sitting on a table or such while updating the firmware, it does not cool properly. This has always been an issue with DJI aircraft. Some use a fan to keep it cool.
2020-5-11
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Do you hear the fans running when the MA2 is powered up?
2020-5-11
Use props
Tcnole 1
lvl.2
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 5-11 16:31
Do you hear the fans running when the MA2 is powered up?

Yes the fans seem to be working fine. After I let it cool down for a while I went back into the app and everything worked fine. Now I just need some good weather so I can get out there and fly this thing lol...
2020-5-11
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tcnole 1 Posted at 5-11 16:24

I don’t know if that was the cause but it’s true, you don’t want to go from charging too flying quickly.  The battery will overheat.  You also don’t want to go from flying to charging too quickly for the same reason.  
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tcnole 1. We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be fine. Please do not hesitate to contact us if this situation occurs again.
2020-5-11
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tcnole 1 Posted at 5-11 16:34
Yes the fans seem to be working fine. After I let it cool down for a while I went back into the app and everything worked fine. Now I just need some good weather so I can get out there and fly this thing lol...

Glad it worked out.
2020-5-12
Use props
fansb3f06ea0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112028 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic Air 2 this morning and can't fly it for the same issue - "Aircraft Processor Overheated". This error occurred after 2 minutes in the air and on the 3rd try, 7 minutes in the air.  When the error occurs, it does RTH and lands. I brought it in the house and let it cool for 2 hours and brought it back out, it flew for only 2 minutes before getting the same error again. I have it back inside and turned it on and i can hear the fan running.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_E86uWzISRO8q
New

United States

I have the same issue, I charged the batteries to full and updated the firmware and fly safe and waited around 30 mins and took it outside to test fly and it overheated in 3 mins. I figured I didn't wait long enough so after it immediately landed, I took it inside to cool off. I waited for 2 hours and everything was cool to the touch so I tried it again, and 5 mins of flight it overheated again. Just my luck... the outside temp was approx 86 Fahrenheit.
2020-5-14
Use props
beaulebens
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27182 ft
United States

I’m seeing this exact same issue. Contacted DJI support but no reply yet.
2020-5-19
Use props
gutiejorJAG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16588 ft
United States

This is so lame. I’m assuming you guys are getting code 30136? No one mentioned it.
I’m going to try different batteries since I do have the fly more combo. I never had problems overheated on any Mavic going from charging straight to flying. Neither updating while sitting in sofa.

Chat with DJI didn’t help either. They didn’t know or troubleshoot anything. Just wanted me to send it back to repair. And they weren’t sure if I should send just the drone or the whole package.
That’s what I get for trying new products again. I had the same with the first Mavic. Gimble went crazy in flight. Even the replacement had the same thing.
889ED00F-D144-4763-8C66-785CA66F5CC4.png
2020-5-20
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Having the same issue.  I flew it when I got it without issue.  It's been a week or so, I pop in a fresh battery, drone turns on, Fans spin as usual, lift off, start recording and within 2 min or so Code 30136 processor chip overheated.  Turns out this happens whenever I try to shoot video of any kind.  The drone can sit on the ground turned on w/ the fan spinning just fine  but as soon as I hit record, within a minute or two I get this error.  The worst part is that it does an auto-return to home and does NOT let you cancel it.  I had to catch it as it began to come down and almost clipped a fence (RTH home point was well clear of any obstacle - it just didnt do a good job going back to that spot).

I submitted a ticket to DJI along with a bunch of flight logs.  To be clear at this point I cannot fly at all.  The ambient temperature was around 70 - 75 degrees.  
2020-5-30
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

Linus tech tips would be tearing it apart and water cooling it. But seriously, I’m curious if the heat sink applied to the cpu isn’t being attached properly with enough mounting pressure. Someone be brave and take one apart.
2020-5-30
Use props
Ossie59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11608 ft
Thailand

I had the same overheat warning but as soon as I turned it on, didn’t fly it to generate any heat turned it on and off a few time then the message disappeared then it flew ok.
Very strange.
2020-9-26
Use props
fanscd1557a1
New
Flight distance : 2654 ft
United States

For the mavic mini
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now