Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 won't connect to phone and RC
12Next >
46336 64 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Lavinsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 195338 ft
United States

Folks,

Just received my Mavic Air 2 and I'm having issues connecting the RC to the drone. I've tried manually linking the RC to the drone and vice versa and nothing works. Seems to be a communication problem between the phone and RC.

The onlly way I got the drone and RC to connect was to take the USB C cable, on top of the RC, and turn it 180 degrees, but it's awkward and the spring-loaded phone holder won't close.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Has DJI addressed this anywhere? I've ordered a third party USB-C to lightning cable and I'm hoping it solves the issue, but I'd rather have the drone and RC work like they're supposed to, brand new, out of the box.

Thanks,
Aaron

2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

I can't get my Mavic Air 2 controller to connect to Android phone or a Android Tablet - All firmware has been updated (controller & drone). This totally sucks!
2020-5-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have to reverse the cable to make it work, obviously something is wrong with the cable or the socket. Are you sure it is plugged into the correct socket?
2020-5-11
Use props
Aaron Lavinsky
lvl.1
United States

Yes. It’s plugged into the correct socket.
2020-5-11
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42359 ft
Costa Rica

I had to update the phone firmware to be able to use DJI Fly.. but after that everything went smooth..  Did you test it with another phone? if it works with another phone that means that the problem is the phone you are using.. and not the drone/rc .
2020-5-11
Use props
Aaron Lavinsky
lvl.1
United States

mrkooks Posted at 5-11 20:25
I had to update the phone firmware to be able to use DJI Fly.. but after that everything went smooth..  Did you test it with another phone? if it works with another phone that means that the problem is the phone you are using.. and not the drone/rc .

When you say the phone firmware, do you mean an iOS update? Or an update of DJI fly? Thanks
2020-5-11
Use props
默默地微笑了很久
lvl.2
Flight distance : 507336 ft
Hong Kong

Aaron Lavinsky Posted at 5-11 20:40
When you say the phone firmware, do you mean an iOS update? Or an update of DJI fly? Thanks

DJI fly need update to the latest version for support Mavic Air 2
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Aaron, sorry for the troubles with the RC connection, which cable are you using? USB Type-C Connector or Standard Micro-USB Connector?
2020-5-11
Use props
Aaron Lavinsky
lvl.1
United States

USB C to lightning connector. The default cable that came pre installed on the top of the RC.
2020-5-12
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Aaron Lavinsky Posted at 5-11 20:40

The iOS update.. I had to update that because the DJI Fly app just kept closing.. after everything ( phone + drone) had everything updated the drone worked perfectly.
2020-5-12
Use props
iSkying
lvl.4
  • >>>
China

mrkooks Posted at 5-12 10:34
The iOS update.. I had to update that because the DJI Fly app just kept closing.. after everything ( phone + drone) had everything updated the drone worked perfectly.

Looks like your phone is not compatible with the app. What phone do you use? DJI Fly app is only  compatible with 64-bit Android devices, take a look at the DJI website for the compatibility mobile device list or check this post: https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/
2020-5-12
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flip the connector plugged to the remote.
2020-5-12
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Costa Rica

iSkying Posted at 5-12 16:05
Looks like your phone is not compatible with the app. What phone do you use? DJI Fly app is only  compatible with 64-bit Android devices, take a look at the DJI website for the compatibility mobile device list or check this post: https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/

My phone is fine.. it is running the app and flying perfectly now.. I just had to update the iOS to the latest and that was it.
2020-5-12
Use props
Aaron Lavinsky
lvl.1
United States

Blellow Posted at 5-12 17:25
Flip the connector plugged to the remote.

Yup, that works (as I wrote in my original post).

2020-5-13
Use props
OrbFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone figured this out? I just got my air and the controller really struggled to connect to the drone. I managed to get it to take off and lost connection pretty quickly after that and it returned home.

The phone says that it is connected to my phone no problem as soon as I plug the cable in. I can now no longer connect the controller to the AIR 2 at all.
2020-5-15
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using the note 10 plus cannot get this damn thing to work for nothing. I've read all the ideas above anybody got anything else because I can't get it to recognize the app
2020-5-15
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hell I wish someone had told me that the DJI fly app is what you have to use instead of the DJI go. I was about ready to send the damn thing back now it's working fine
2020-5-15
Use props
OrbFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709 ft
United Kingdom

Cayton828 Posted at 5-15 12:44
Hell I wish someone had told me that the DJI fly app is what you have to use instead of the DJI go. I was about ready to send the damn thing back now it's working fine

I am using the fly app... with all the connection issues
2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

I’m having a bad time getting the dji fly app to connect to my Mavic 2 air drone. I use an iPhone 11 pro running 13.4.1 which is the latest and I have yet to get a connection. I get RC not connected. I select Mavic air 2 and go to camera view after selecting the Mavic air 2 and nada. And the app freezes up. I do run Bitdefender VPN if that makes a difference. I have deleted the app and reinstalled but no go
It’s frustrating and any thoughts would be gratefully accepted
Tim
2020-5-15
Use props
fanse3dbfcbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486293 ft
United Kingdom

Had issues trying to connect my  Lenovo S5 using the supplied usb c cable.

Finally managed to get everything connected and working using a usb c otg cable with my phones charging cable plugged into the otg cable.

Lenovo S5 usb c port specs : 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector

Why is the usb c cable supplied not working ?

If any member could point me to a shorter length cable that will work i`d be grateful
2020-5-15
Use props
NBW877
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

I too cannot get the RC to connect to any device (iPhone XR, iPad Air or Galaxy Note 9).  DJI tells me it is a known issue and no option other than return to dealer for replacement or refund or send to DJI.  Sucks.
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_or5SqBErsnhb
New
Germany

I have an S7 and its fine with the RC and APP.
But my RC connects very badly to the Mavic Air 2. Sometimes i have a good Signal for a few seconds and after another few secs Signal lost.
The Mavic is just 1m away from the RC. Error Code 80002 that said i should check antenna. How should i check them??
Bought it via Amazon and after Hours of trouble they send me now a new one. I have already activated the drone and did DJI care refresh bought over DJI on it.
How do i get this now back?
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_kUlUOtTiFQT3
lvl.1

United States

Cayton828 Posted at 5-15 12:24
I am using the note 10 plus cannot get this damn thing to work for nothing. I've read all the ideas above anybody got anything else because I can't get it to recognize the app

Got the same problem. Emailed DJI and non response. Right now it’s going back next week and I’m not buying another DJI
2020-5-17
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try flipping the wire plugged into your screen.  It it is possible.  Otherwise, keep trying.  Mine did not connect the first time until I did the flip with the wire connected to my phone.  Good luck.
2020-5-17
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.2
United States

I'm so glad you thought of turning the cable around. that fixed it for me too. Oh god.
2020-5-17
Use props
Chokolatrush
lvl.1

Australia

Wiggling the cord and making sure it was connected to the remote seems to work (but doesn't fill with confidence when flying).

Now the drone does not want to connect to the remote!!!

I've tried pairing etc but no luck!!

Any ideas
2020-5-20
Use props
vectorzero
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had an issue with the RC losing the drone intermittently and then permanently. I'm using an iPhone so I swapped to a known good USB-C to Lightning cable and all works. Looks like the supplied short cable is flaky.
2020-5-21
Use props
Phorevar
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Have you tried to reinstall the app? Same situation with another dude and that helped and fixed the issue
2020-5-21
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47198 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same issue. I use an Iphone xs with latest software. I've had the drone a week and all was ok then a few days ago I started getting issues and an error message RC not connected to de.....
The issue was the supplied lightening cable. If you twisted it on the phone end it would connect
I have since purchased a much better cable from amazon and this works flawlessly. Unfortunately it seems the supplied cables are pretty flimsy and cheap.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Ukhhg5UQxEWL
New

United States

Robbiemoto Posted at 5-21 22:18
I had the same issue. I use an Ipnone xs with latest software. I've had the drone a week and all was ok then a few days ago I started getting issues and an error message RC not connected to de.....
The issue was the supplied lightening cable. If you twisted it on the phone end it would connect
I have since purchased a much better cable from amazon and this works flawlessly. Unfortunately it seems the supplied cables are pretty flimsy and cheap.

what cable did you purchase from Amazon to make this work?  I am having the exact same issue where it worked initially.
2020-5-28
Use props
Robbiemoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47198 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Ukhhg5UQxEWL Posted at 5-28 19:41
what cable did you purchase from Amazon to make this work?  I am having the exact same issue where it worked initially.

I got this one in the 30cm size. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XS4XN8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_FOv6i6yS5F6f
New

United States

Chokolatrush Posted at 5-20 03:54
Wiggling the cord and making sure it was connected to the remote seems to work (but doesn't fill with confidence when flying).

Now the drone does not want to connect to the remote!!!

Have you found out the issue yet. I can not figure this out. I’ve been flying my drone for 2wks with no issues and now it won’t connect
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_EZ5kYq5DJKa1
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue, have only had this drone for one week.  I'm now going to try and buy an alternative cable to see if that resolves the issue as per the advice on this thread.  Ridiculous that DJI supply a product at this price point with such a flimsy cable.
2020-5-30
Use props
ScottishDroner
New

United Kingdom

Robbiemoto Posted at 5-29 00:56
I got this one in the 30cm size. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XS4XN8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have followed your lead and ordered the same cable.  Hopefully it will solve the issue for me too!
2020-5-31
Use props
Aristotle
New

United States

Just arrived; tried two separate connectors (factory supplied and one I have on hand), and consistently getting the 'Accessory Not Supported' message; flipped the connector portion twice on each end. iPhone X; updated firmware (double-checked on this twice). Deleted Fly app and reloaded. How can something that is sold in Apple stores not actually connect? Any additional ideas?  Thanks!
2020-6-1
Use props
Jsgoecke
New

United States

I am also having the same problem with a brand new Mavic Air 2. I got it to connect ONCE to with the DJI Fly app, and never with the DJI Go 4 app (why are there two apps anyway?). I have tried the following:

1. Ensured I am on the latest firmware on the drone and the remote controller
2. My iPhone is on the latest version of iOS
3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps
4. I have tried a different USB-C to iPhone cable than the short once included

All to no avail. I know the remote itself is paired as I may start and stop the drone. I just can’t get the apps on the phone to work. I find this COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and this will likely be going back shortly. I am astonished that DJI has not responded to this thread, nor to inquires. I will be opening a ticket to give them one last chance.
2020-6-3
Use props
Jsgoecke
New

United States

I went to DJI support and they ultimately said send it back for service. I don’t have time to spend $800 on a product to just turn around and ship it back. They should have offered an exchange at the minimum. Therefore I am returning for a full refund and likely will think twice before buying another DJI product. This is unfortunate, as the other products I have had from them have been great quality.

But the fact they want me to send for service, when it is clearly defective, is a big no no for customer service.
2020-6-3
Use props
fansc1a235ea
New
Flight distance : 15174 ft
United States

Cayton828 Posted at 5-15 12:24

Same thing here but I'm on a Note 9. I have about 20 minutes total flight time on it in the three weeks I've had it. I updated the firmware before our trip to Florida where we planned to do a baby reveal with the drone and now it won't connect. I spent hours researching, purchased a new USB- C to USB-C cable and still nothing. I have had 4 dji drones and this has really left a sour taste in my mouth. Any tips would be appreciated, we have one day left on vacation.
2020-6-11
Use props
Tuzair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26742 ft
France

Got the same problem, I tried a lot of cables and smartphones, but that make no sens, sometimes it's works and sometimes ( most of time ) not
2020-6-12
Use props
fans68f26d47
New

Ethiopia

The same for me, I just got my new brand Air 2 and I'm not able to connect with the RC at all. I tried everything but all to no avail. I'm really upset for that.
2020-6-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules