Mavic Air 2 controller won't connect to Android phone
12Next >
22907 40 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

I can't get my Mavic Air 2 controller to connect to Android phone or a Android Tablet - All firmware has been updated (controller & drone). This totally sucks!
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Space_Cowboy, glad to know you have received the Mavic Air 2 and sorry for the difficulties on connecting to the mobile device, may we have the version of your DJI Fly APP? What is the model of your Android phone and tablet?
2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 19:41
Hi Space_Cowboy, glad to know you have received the Mavic Air 2 and sorry for the difficulties on connecting to the mobile device, may we have the version of your DJI Fly APP? What is the model of your Android phone and tablet?

Mindy - Thank you for the response. I'm a first time drone owner/user & received my Mavic Air 2 today and have spend about 6 hours so far trying to figure out how to connect both my Pixel 2 XL (DJI FLYVersion 1.1.0) & Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (DJI FLY version 1.1.0), but no luck. I have updated the firmware on both the controller and the drone.

I am so MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 19:41
Hi Space_Cowboy, glad to know you have received the Mavic Air 2 and sorry for the difficulties on connecting to the mobile device, may we have the version of your DJI Fly APP? What is the model of your Android phone and tablet?

Error Message - "N/A RC not connect to mobile device" in red block - it does this for both the Pixel 2 XL & the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-11 20:04
Error Message - "N/A RC not connect to mobile device" in red block - it does this for both the Pixel 2 XL & the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.

I understand your frustration, please follow the steps below for the troubleshooting:
1. Please remove the phone case to ensure the cable is inserted to the phone tightly.
2. When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', please ensure to select 'Charge Only'.
3. If the port of your phone is Type-C, please connect the end of the cable with the RC logo to the phone, another end to the RC to see if it helps.
4. If the suggestions above are not working, any chance to have a try with the iPhone to help isolate whether it is the issue of the cable?
2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 20:21
I understand your frustration, please follow the steps below for the troubleshooting:
1. Please remove the phone case to ensure the cable is inserted to the phone tightly.
2. When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', please ensure to select 'Charge Only'.

1)        There is no case on the phone or the tablet
2)        No “pop up” window EVER HAPPENS
3)        Yes, phone and tablet are Type-C – The only cable has an icon that looks like a controller – I tried every which want that TWO other Type-C cords – None work
4)        NO iPhone – I can’t stand them

Still not working!
2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 20:21
2. When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', please ensure to select 'Charge Only'.

Both of my devices are listed in the recommended lit below using Android 10.

Recommended devices

Android Version V 1.1.0
Requires Android 6.0 or above.
Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S6,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,HUAWEI nova 2,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,MI10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 5,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xpeial 1
2020-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-11 20:41
Both of my devices are listed in the recommended lit below using Android 10.

Recommended devices

Please also check whether your have enabled the USB Debugging in the Developer option of your phone. If not, enable it.
2020-5-11
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 22:55
Please also check whether your have enabled the USB Debugging in the Developer option of your phone. If not, enable it.

I enabled USB Debugging, but still not connecting.
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-12 02:37
I enabled USB Debugging, but still not connecting.

Sorry to know it is still not working, where did you purchase the drone? If it was from the retail store, we recommended to contact them to get another RC to test. If it was from the online store, it is recommended to contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send it in for the evaluation.
2020-5-12
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-12 04:29
Sorry to know it is still not working, where did you purchase the drone? If it was from the retail store, we recommended to contact them to get another RC to test. If it was from the online store, it is recommended to contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send it in for the evaluation.

It was purchased @ Best Buy.
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-12 05:30
It was purchased @ Best Buy.

It is recommended to contact BestBuy to see if they are able to replace one or please contact our DJI support team for further assistance.
2020-5-13
Use props
Emig5m
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact problem with my S7 and S20 Ultra! Updated firmware through my PC and that didn't do anything! The message I keep getting on my S20 every few seconds is... "Check your charger connection". I tried different cables and the phone works with the mavic mini no problem! What a piece of crap for the $1000 I spent!
2020-5-16
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

Emig5m Posted at 5-16 13:08
I have the same exact problem with my S7 and S20 Ultra! Updated firmware through my PC and that didn't do anything! The message I keep getting on my S20 every few seconds is... "Check your charger connection". I tried different cables and the phone works with the mavic mini no problem! What a piece of crap for the $1000 I spent!

Thanks for the input - sorry about your trouble too!  ...I just exchanged mine, so Best Buy is sending me another one & taking about 14 days or so.
2020-5-16
Use props
Paramedicman
New

United Kingdom

I had connection problems. What I did was to refresh all the firmware then deleted the app and reinstalled. That sorted it for me.
2020-5-17
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

Paramedicman Posted at 5-17 00:20
I had connection problems. What I did was to refresh all the firmware then deleted the app and reinstalled. That sorted it for me.

Good for you - I did the same,updated the firmware on both the controller & drone & uninstalled /re-installed the software, but no luck.
2020-5-17
Use props
Paramedicman
New

United Kingdom

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-17 03:34
Good for you - I did the same,updated the firmware on both the controller & drone & uninstalled /re-installed the software, but no luck.

Sorry to hear that. I have heard of some people having to exchange their unit for a new one and it then works. Maybe you have a Friday afternoon drone
2020-5-17
Use props
Emig5m
lvl.1

United States

The cables where bad out of the box! So that means two bad cables (S7 and S10 use different connectors!) I bought a brand new USB-C cable from Walmart and now no problems! I had the same problem before with a brand new motherboard with its packed in SATA cables where one drive wouldn't be recognized....drove me nuts trying every BIOS settings and everything and didn't think a brand new cable could be a problem but swapped the cable and BAM it worked!
2020-5-19
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

Emig5m Posted at 5-19 18:46
The cables where bad out of the box! So that means two bad cables (S7 and S10 use different connectors!) I bought a brand new USB-C cable from Walmart and now no problems! I had the same problem before with a brand new motherboard with its packed in SATA cables where one drive wouldn't be recognized....drove me nuts trying every BIOS settings and everything and didn't think a brand new cable could be a problem but swapped the cable and BAM it worked!

Thank you for the input - yes, I tried 2 other cables that I had & neither worked. They are not new & use every day to charge phone, etc. Will see what happens with the replacement drone.
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_rJqKLpDiwTn6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13871 ft
Israel

I have the Galaxy Samsung A7 and the Galaxy Samsung A50. On each one I have activated the Mavic Air 2 with the DJI FLY app. But the connection to the RC keeps getting lost on both of them. DJI informed me that both the A7 and the A50 are not - and will not be - supported, although DJI has published that these phones were reported by users as usable for the MA2.  So I went to the DJI authorised phone lists, and purchased  the Galaxy S20 which DJI authorises that it has been tested and approved by DJI. That worked once or twice, and now doesn't work any more. A new, DJI-authorised phone! My conclusion is that the RC is a bum copy.
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_fVZfR2ReQYaU
lvl.1

Argentina

Same problem with a Xiaomi MI A2, when I plug my phone to the RC it constantly loop between charging and not charging state. I don't really know if buying a brand new Samsung Galaxy will solve my problem because seems to be very unpredictable and I can't believe that I cannot use a 1000 usd aircraft without an Iphone
2020-6-14
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_rJqKLpDiwTn6 Posted at 6-14 11:17
I have the Galaxy Samsung A7 and the Galaxy Samsung A50. On each one I have activated the Mavic Air 2 with the DJI FLY app. But the connection to the RC keeps getting lost on both of them. DJI informed me that both the A7 and the A50 are not - and will not be - supported, although DJI has published that these phones were reported by users as usable for the MA2.  So I went to the DJI authorised phone lists, and purchased  the Galaxy S20 which DJI authorises that it has been tested and approved by DJI. That worked once or twice, and now doesn't work any more. A new, DJI-authorised phone! My conclusion is that the RC is a bum copy.

Finally after trying three different DJI Mavic Air 2 units, the 3rd one work - I don't believe any of the trouble has to do with the other none DJI devices, it was the DJI units that were not functioning properly.
2020-6-19
Use props
Space_Cowboy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_fVZfR2ReQYaU Posted at 6-14 15:15
Same problem with a Xiaomi MI A2, when I plug my phone to the RC it constantly loop between charging and not charging state. I don't really know if buying a brand new Samsung Galaxy will solve my problem because seems to be very unpredictable and I can't believe that I cannot use a 1000 usd aircraft without an Iphone

Finally after trying three different DJI Mavic Air 2 units, the 3rd one work - I don't believe any of the trouble has to do with the other none DJI devices, it was the DJI units that were not functioning properly.
2020-6-19
Use props
Craig Bradbury
New
Flight distance : 55994 ft
Spain

Hi I'm having the same connection issue bought the mavic air 2 wouldn't connect to my huawei mate 20 pro which dji have told me is compatible they then sent me a new cable after weeks of talks and complaining that didn't work so got in touch with Amazon who I bought the drone from they now have sent me a new drone and still won't work. I mean it's a £ 1000 that's a month of work it's not cheap and now I'm nearly 2 months without using only when I borrow my dad's iPhone then they connect straight away. What should I do no apart from throw it in the river any help guys
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_T22nTHCBs69D
New

United States

I was having all the same issues that everyone here was having. I too have a Note 9, bought new cables, uninstalled, etc. This is what worked for me. First, use a cable shorter than 12 inches. The longer the cable, the more degraded the communication between the devices can be.
Make sure your controller is on first. And you have the connection prompt open so its waiting for the USB device.
Then I plugged my phone into my computer which brought up the notification on my phone that the USB was being used for media and that the phone was controlling the connection. I changed it to usb for file transfers and to let the host control the connection. Don't close the connection dialogue unplug the cable from the pc and put into the top port on the controller and make sure to push it in all the way. Once I did this, it connected immediately. After this itll go thru the connecting to the bird. Then itll update the firmware.. Once done,, you're all set I've! Hope this helps, happy flying!
2020-9-2
Use props
FRANEPH
New

Argentina

djiuser_fVZfR2ReQYaU Posted at 6-14 15:15

Hola, tengo el mismo problema. Pudiste solucoinarlo? Could you fix it? I have the same problem
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_vhjmM9ZYCWAY
New

United States

How do you reinstall the firm on the controller and the drone
2020-10-12
Use props
DanCdrone
lvl.1

United States

Same problem.  Defective USB C to Micro cable from DJI.  I replaced the usb cable from amazon.  Works great now.    -    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828Z13J5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-11-10
Use props
fans98c661bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444800 ft
Australia

I just got a mavic air 2 my iPhone works fine I really won’t to use my Samsung tablet  model sm-t290 using android 10  the controller will not connect to the mavic air 2 controller the DJI fly app ver is 1.2.1
This is very disappointing as I use my tablet with the mini (1) remote works fine, DJI what’s  the solution if I have to get a iPad mini it would have been better to buy with the DJI smart controller .
2020-12-4
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Space_Cowboy Posted at 5-11 19:59
Mindy - Thank you for the response. I'm a first time drone owner/user & received my Mavic Air 2 today and have spend about 6 hours so far trying to figure out how to connect both my Pixel 2 XL (DJI FLYVersion 1.1.0) & Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (DJI FLY version 1.1.0), but no luck. I have updated the firmware on both the controller and the drone.

I am so MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI does not support Samsung Tablets or should I say their not on the Compatibility list but, others on forum use them at their own risk and except any bad out comes.
2020-12-4
Use props
djiuser_MedW8sdtNQso
New

United States

Samsung S10 with Mavic Air 2. On the supported list. Does not work with the controller.  WTF?
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_DmCL5yBnI8bc
New

United States

Emig5m Posted at 2020-5-19 18:46

Idk i just got my.mini 2 using a samsung note 10 plus controller wont connect to phone . Went and bought a new cord and still doesnt work unbelievable.  Tried taking out the sd card and try connecting again still doesnt work. Downloaded Dji fly application directly from website since playstore doesnt support the application.  Just total bull... spent 800$ for the bonus pack with the best buy 200$ coverage and i cant even fly this FUCKING THING!!!!! MY FRIEND WAS NICE ENOUGH TO CONNECT HIS IPHONE 10 AND LET ME FLY FOR A LITTLE BIT. WHAT THE FUCK DJI!!!!!!!!
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_oTtMnShUU8Ti
New

Mexico

Hey guys, this is extremely disappointing. I had to do the following in order to make it work on my phone (samsung 21 Ultra) (i bought my drone from dji online store) I used another cable and you should notice that your phone will rumble a bit but it doesn't get connected, so I got the dev mode activated and set usb defualt mode to charging mode and just after restarting the controller and app i managed to get it running .. i have a long cable so now i need to get another one that might fit DJI you need to get your ... together and fix this, you cant expect this level of debugging from your normal customer, get that APP on the play store.  
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_oTtMnShUU8Ti
New

Mexico

Hey guys, this is extremely disappointing.
I had to do the following in order to make it work on my phone (samsung 21 Ultra) (i bought my drone DJI AIR 2S from dji online store)
I used another cable and you should notice that your phone will rumble a bit but it doesn't get connected, so I got the dev mode activated and set usb defualt mode to charging mode and just after restarting the controller and app i managed to get it running .. i have a long cable so now i need to get another one that might fit
DJI you need to get your ... together and fix this, you cant expect this level of debugging from your normal customer, get that APP on the play store.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_oTtMnShUU8Ti
New

Mexico

I had to do the following in order to make it work on my phone (samsung 21 Ultra) (i bought my drone DJI AIR 2S from dji online store)
I used another cable and you should notice that your phone will rumble a bit but it doesn't get connected, so I got the dev mode activated and set usb defualt mode to charging mode and just after restarting the controller and app i managed to get it running .. i have a long cable so now i need to get another one that might fit
DJI you need to get your ... together and fix this, you cant expect this level of debugging from your normal customer, get that APP on the play store.
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_oTtMnShUU8Ti
New

Mexico

2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_FB6CiYwyT48i
New

Malaysia

What is the purpose of cable connection from mobile device to the DJI Mavic Air 2 RC? Is it a must for the connection using the cable? I am having trouble connecting my android device Vivo Y15 to the RC. Although my device not listed in the compatible list but it met all the specification in using the RC. Need your opinion and advice.
2021-7-24
Use props
edoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975781 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I have the air 2s now for 2 weeks and have yet to fly it because the drone and remote will not link together. I have tried all the procedures that DJI says to do bit the phone always says link to aircraft. I have a Samsung note 20 ultra, and everything is updated . The phone worked with the air 2 just fine for the past year but nothing I try works with the air 2s. Please help !! I'm about to return this paperweight and buy something else
2021-8-31
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6503 ft

United States

Mine doesn't connect, either! The drone and controller are establishing a connection; however, the controller is not making a connection with my Android device. Horrible software,  DJI!
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_aYZG7btRel7Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6503 ft

United States

djiuser_oTtMnShUU8Ti Posted at 6-24 00:16

Were do you find these settings on your device? I cannot find them.
2021-9-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules