What does ADS-B look like in the Mavic Air 2?
834 5 2020-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

So those of you with new MA2's in North America, is ADS-B defaulted to "ON" in the aircraft and if so, how is it depicted on the DJI Fly app?  If it's not "ON", how do you turn it on?  Has anyone seen an ADS-B beacon yet while flying?  If so, how is it displayed in the Fly app?  What information is displayed?  (I've searched the DJI site and can not find any info about this feature.  If anyone has a link to info on ADS-B and how it operates in the MA2, please share!)

2020-5-11
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, I've found very little on this as well.
2020-5-12
Use props
mjyousse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1202310 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just saw this post.

I got the MA2 today, and it was off by default. When you turn it on in the settings it'll give you some notes that you have to agree to from there it turns on. After that, if an aircraft flies nearby, it'll appear on the maps and will give you a warning.
Hope this helps
2020-6-7
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you jump to 0:40 on the video it shows you the screen.

And if you jump to around 0:25 you get told DJI are giving this to almost ALL drone pilots........

https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/airsense
2020-6-7
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Ian in London Posted at 6-7 02:19
If you jump to 0:40 on the video it shows you the screen.

And if you jump to around 0:25 you get told DJI are giving this to almost ALL drone pilots........

Except that’s a marketing video and not really how it works. Here is a video from a test that shows how it is currently implemented.

2020-6-7
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MisterFrag Posted at 6-7 06:04
Except that’s a marketing video and not really how it works. Here is a video from a test that shows how it is currently implemented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQ05kTIUIk

You mean a marketing video from DJI isn't telling the truth?  I just can't believe that...........

2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules