3640 39 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I originally placed my Mavic Air 2 order basically as soon as they opened it up in the DJI Store on the evening of April 27th.
As many are aware, it became abundantly clear that DJI is prioritizing retailer shipments over shipments from the DJI store.

So on May 6th, I used the online chat on the DJI site to cancel my order.  Immediately after cancelling, I ordered through Best Buy.

Yesterday (May 11th), I received my shipment from Best Buy as they had promised.

I also got a notice from DJI indicating that my original order from the DJI Store had been shipped, even though I had cancelled it 5 days earlier.

I reached out to DJI's support again and they said there was nothing they could do.  They say I must refuse the shipment when it arrives and then they will process my refund AFTER they get the drone back.  Unfortunately, I use a UPS mailbox, so not sure if they will be able to refuse the delivery when it arrives or not.  So this may get complicated trying to get my money back!

Pretty frustrated with DJI right now!  

p.s. Having said that, I'm really enjoying my first flights with the Air 2!  

2020-5-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird. can't wait to Hear what you think.
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 5-12 05:30
Congrats on the new bird. can't wait to Hera what you think.

Thanks Woe!
2020-5-12
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Great! going to wait for your next video, stay safe and fly safe!!!.
2020-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Shocking, I did same as you order straight off the bat, but once again will be one of the last to receive, I don’t have another option here in Ireland except to order from retail online they goods arrive on the same plane as mine but I would have to wait an extra day for them to forward ship and also pay extra shipping.
It seems dji have 1 miss sold Dji select and 2 ignored good customers, shame on them . Still waiting...
2020-5-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-5-12
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Can't wait for the review but now I KNOW the S2 update is on the back burner
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 5-12 05:41
Great! going to wait for your next video, stay safe and fly safe!!!.

Thanks Savage!
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lifeisfun Posted at 5-12 06:11
Can't wait for the review but now I KNOW the S2 update is on the back burner

I really need to get that video made.  I've got so many people that keep asking about it.....
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-12 05:51
Shocking, I did same as you order straight off the bat, but once again will be one of the last to receive, I don’t have another option here in Ireland except to order from retail online they goods arrive on the same plane as mine but I would have to wait an extra day for them to forward ship and also pay extra shipping.
It seems dji have 1 miss sold Dji select and 2 ignored good customers, shame on them . Still waiting...

Yeah, we are lucky to have several options here in the US.  Its really too bad that DJI has decided to change their strategy to de-prioritize their Select customers that have paid extra as well as their Affiliate Partners that send them lots of sales.
2020-5-12
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To say they "Prioritised retailers" I seemed to have gotten mine 2 days before the EU Release... Are you sure about that?
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DubSound Posted at 5-12 07:37
To say they "Prioritised retailers" I seemed to have gotten mine 2 days before the EU Release... Are you sure about that?

I don't know anything about the EU shipments, but here in the US, they absolutely prioritized retailers over deliveries from their DJI Store.  I'm a DJI Select customer and ordered in the first couple minutes it was available on their website.  If they had prioritized shipments from their DJI Store, I would have gotten it from DJI first since I ordered it from them more than a week before I ordered it from Best Buy.  
2020-5-12
Use props
DubSound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 07:44
I don't know anything about the EU shipments, but here in the US, they absolutely prioritized retailers over deliveries from their DJI Store.  I'm a DJI Select customer and ordered in the first couple minutes it was available on their website.  If they had prioritized shipments from their DJI Store, I would have gotten it from DJI first since I ordered it from them more than a week before I ordered it from Best Buy.

Hmm, seems to be quite the opposite here. Whilst EU Retailers did get them last week, a lot of the EU individual orders have been sent already. I wonder what is going on over there in NA :S
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just a quick teaser of some unedited pre-sunrise footage I got this morning with the MA2.

2020-5-12
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Kloog,
Accept your extra MA2, and sell local to someone dying to get one fast!!  Don't mess with returns and credits......just get full pop from local.

A stop screwing around and get to work on the review WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR!!!!  

Randy
2020-5-12
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 08:32
Just a quick teaser of some pre-sunrise footage I got this morning.

https://youtu.be/fnsSQfqfQBs

Stunning!! Enjoy your MA2, KlooGee!
2020-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice preview of sunrise there Kloo, will be really interesting to see a honest review from you of the MA2
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-12 11:16
Nice preview of sunrise there Kloo, will be really interesting to see a honest review from you of the MA2

Thanks, trying to get it out quick, but family and work obligations always slow things down from the pace I'd like to go.  
2020-5-12
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 08:32
Just a quick teaser of some unedited pre-sunrise footage I got this morning with the MA2.

https://youtu.be/fnsSQfqfQBs

great footage! Can you upload in 4k?
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi KlooGee, we are so sorry to know your order on Online Store was still shipped even you have requested a refund. Were you contacting our online chat via the same Forum account? If yes, we will inform the team to investigating whether there was a support issue. It is recommended to reject the package when it delivers and we will also verify with the team whether there is other suggestion.
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-12 21:27
Hi KlooGee, we are so sorry to know your order on Online Store was still shipped even you have requested a refund. Were you contacting our online chat via the same Forum account? If yes, we will inform the team to investigating whether there was a support issue. It is recommended to reject the package when it delivers and we will also verify with the team whether there is other suggestion.

Yes, the same account as my forum account.  
2020-5-13
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the teaser video. My MA2 is expected tomorrow. Confirmed from vendor and Fedex. Looking forward to my new quad. Thanks again. You and your views are appreciated.
2020-5-13
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

just sell the 2nd locally. it will sell fast for sure since people want it and no place has em on the shelf
2020-5-13
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

No problem just waiting on your video, also your welcome!!!.
2020-5-13
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Same here. Ordered one from DN's.  Now I have 2 coming..   Lol
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 5-13 15:45
Yes, the same account as my forum account.

Thanks, we have forwarded to the management department to check the support issue, please reject the package when it arrives, if it cannot be rejected, please keep us updated.
2020-5-14
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

sorry for you, but this is a standard process. As soon as the shipping process (not the shipping!) is started, it is more or less impossible to stop it. So you have to return it.Also for Amazon & Co. not only DJI
2020-5-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UweE Posted at 5-14 04:57
sorry for you, but this is a standard process. As soon as the shipping process (not the shipping!) is started, it is more or less impossible to stop it. So you have to return it.Also for Amazon & Co. not only DJI

No, it is not a standard process to go ahead and ship a product 6 days after a person cancels that order.
2020-5-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 01:24
Thanks, we have forwarded to the management department to check the support issue, please reject the package when it arrives, if it cannot be rejected, please keep us updated.

It could not be rejected.  What do you recommend now?
2020-5-14
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-14 14:54

you gotta get to know your store people if you find this to be an important feature.  i have a box at the ups store so ordinarily it is impossible to reject a package but i know the folks there and if i had to, i can ask.  but i never reject packages and if i did, it would be once every couple of years.  if you've been a long time customer and you get to know the owner, you might be able to work something out for the big things that matter like expensive packages.  otherwise, you are right, it gets to be a real pain but it's the trade-off we have for a more secure delivery.
2020-5-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-14 15:18
you gotta get to know your store people if you find this to be an important feature.  i have a box at the ups store so ordinarily it is impossible to reject a package but i know the folks there and if i had to, i can ask.  but i never reject packages and if i did, it would be once every couple of years.  if you've been a long time customer and you get to know the owner, you might be able to work something out for the big things that matter like expensive packages.  otherwise, you are right, it gets to be a real pain but it's the trade-off we have for a more secure delivery.

Most of the time I would be happy if a package came a day early, but in this case I was planning to call my mailbox company the night before the delivery to ask them to reject it.  Unfortunately, the updated delivery details weren't available before I went to work and it was already delivered by the time I got off work.  
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 07:44
I don't know anything about the EU shipments, but here in the US, they absolutely prioritized retailers over deliveries from their DJI Store.  I'm a DJI Select customer and ordered in the first couple minutes it was available on their website.  If they had prioritized shipments from their DJI Store, I would have gotten it from DJI first since I ordered it from them more than a week before I ordered it from Best Buy.

Hi
I'm a DJI select member as well. I ordered it on 5/3. It  shipped on 5/11 and arrived on 5/12. It may have to do with where you live. I'm in California...
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 5-13 17:35
just sell the 2nd locally. it will sell fast for sure since people want it and no place has em on the shelf

he probably ordered the DJI care refresh which is bound to the aircraft in his name. It is just best to return the shipment
2020-5-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-14 19:24
he probably ordered the DJI care refresh which is bound to the aircraft in his name. It is just best to return the shipment

can always sell the bestbuy one.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 5-14 19:35
can always sell the bestbuy one.

yes I agree or return the Best Buy one. It's easier.
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 5-14 14:54

Sorry for the late response and the package cannot be rejected, let me verify with the team for further advice, I will come back to you soon.
2020-5-17
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-17 03:03
Sorry for the late response and the package cannot be rejected, let me verify with the team for further advice, I will come back to you soon.

I was finally able to get through to the DJI Support online chat.  Previous days this week, the queue was too large for the time I had.

Today's support rep said that they had a record of my requesting the cancellation, but it apparently was not processed.  They have submitted an RMA request and have asked that I not be charged to ship it back, but that needs to be approved.  

I just hope that they decide to make this easy and not make me have to make a big deal out of it to get all of my money back.
2020-5-17
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-17 06:41
I was finally able to get through to the DJI Support online chat.  Previous days this week, the queue was too large for the time I had.

Today's support rep said that they had a record of my requesting the cancellation, but it apparently was not processed.  They have submitted an RMA request and have asked that I not be charged to ship it back, but that needs to be approved.  

Kloog,  You sir have done MUCH to support DJI.  I would certainly hope, since they have the record, that you get a full return of $$.  

Randy
2020-5-17
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 5-17 15:49
Kloog,  You sir have done MUCH to support DJI.  I would certainly hope, since they have the record, that you get a full return of $$.  

Randy

I don't expect anything in return.  I just don't expect to be out of any money for their mistake.  I'm already out some of my time in trying to deal with it.  
2020-5-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Finally just got my refund from DJI this evening!
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules