New owner how to charge battery
1912 11 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I received my Osmo Pocket today and know I need to charge it before using.  However, the Quick Start Guide says below the example image:
'Charging the Osmo Pocket'
To charge the Osmo Pocket, connect a USB adapter (not included) to the USB-C port using the provided power cable.

I can't understand why its not provided, but can anyone please advise exactly what adapter I require?

2020-5-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

You use a USB-C cable as directed.  Unfortunately, there is no adapter.  You would have to buy one or use one you may have had already for another device.  You can also use a USB port on a computer if available.
2020-5-12
Use props
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 5-12 09:20
You use a USB-C cable as directed.  Unfortunately, there is no adapter.  You would have to buy one or use one you may have had already for another device.  You can also use a USB port on a computer if available.

Thanks for the info Neo.  But what is he name of the required adaptor I need?

The instructions say the Osmo charge port is a USB-C and so what is the name of the supplied cable end opposite to the what I would call a traditional USB end, as that small end looks very much like the end of the supplied Smartphone Adaptor which is also a USB-C.
2020-5-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I usually use my adapter that came with my Samsung phone.
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just use any USB charger you already have to charge it.  If nothing else, i'm assuming you have a USB charger for whatever phone you own.  Just use that.  For the cable, it will need to have USB-C on the end you plug into the OP and the other end will just need to have the appropriate connector for the charger you have.

2020-5-12
Use props
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 11:59
Just use any USB charger you already have to charge it.  If nothing else, i'm assuming you have a USB charger for whatever phone you own.  Just use that.  For the cable, it will need to have USB-C on the end you plug into the OP and the other end will just need to have the appropriate connector for the charger you have.

Thanks KlooGee.

My phone cable has a Micro USB end and the other end goes into my PC, so the micro end will not fit the camera.
The supplied charger cable ends look like this http://kdwebsolutions.com/Osmo_Charger_Cable.jpg
so for the adaptor I need to know what its called so I can order it.

I just don't see why DJI don't supply it or tell you what you need to order, as I cant see it listed on their website.
2020-5-12
Use props
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2020-5-12
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

The left one is "USB-A" and the right is "USB-C".  Just get any generic USB wall charger, something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Cha ... 0NsaWNrPXRydWU=hing
2020-5-12
Use props
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

griffdude13 Posted at 5-12 13:03
The left one is "USB-A" and the right is "USB-C".  Just get any generic USB wall charger, something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Cha ... 0NsaWNrPXRydWU=hing

Thanks grif.

Perhaps I'm a bit thick.  But as you say the DJI supplied charger cable end is a USB-C, why do DJI say one needs an adaptor?

Turning to the wall charger, why can't the PC be used as a power source?
2020-5-12
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Meridklt Posted at 5-12 12:54
Thanks KlooGee.

My phone cable has a Micro USB end and the other end goes into my PC, so the micro end will not fit the camera.

Yep, you can use your PC's USB port as the power source if you like.  The only problem with that is then your PC needs to be on to charge and sometimes PC USB ports don't push out a lot of power.  Which is fine, but will just take a bit longer to fully charge it.  

However, the end that goes into the OP needs to be USB-C not MicroUSB like your phone.
2020-5-12
Use props
Meridklt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 5-12 15:13
Yep, you can use your PC's USB port as the power source if you like.  The only problem with that is then your PC needs to be on to charge and sometimes PC USB ports don't push out a lot of power.  Which is fine, but will just take a bit longer to fully charge it.  

However, the end that goes into the OP needs to be USB-C not MicroUSB like your phone.

Thanks again KlooGee.

Not being a tec person I thought the adaptor was between the OP and the cable, when in fact I now know I need a mains 5v 2a power adaptor to use with the supplied charging cable.
2020-5-12
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I charged it with my Mavic 2 Pro charger via the USB port. And sometimes I charge it with y iPhone adapter. I agree with that they should provide the adapter with it though.
2020-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules