Osmo camera emergency - footage gone!
282 3 2020-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
177mph
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

Ive been using my osmo for 4 years now and its been great.  I shoot 1080 hd (no 4k) and I have 3 or 4 sd cards that i use between this camera and a couple of go pros.

I have never had an issue until today.  I shot for 3 hours with a client - and the osmo recorded everything.  Except that it didnt.  I got home - took out the card - and I only show one video.  Each time I was shooting, i checked to make sure the camera was recording.  I watched the record light, and watched the time code roll.  I never got any error messages and yet my 40 videos are missing and i only have 1.  

Ive double checked the card, and just tested the camera at home and it recorded fine - on the same card.

Anyone have any idea or advice?  My client is gonna kill me.....

thanks.
2020-5-12
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I think you are up the river, you could try recovery software but I wouldn’t hold out much hope.
2020-5-13
Use props
177mph
lvl.1

United States

AlanHd Posted at 5-13 07:55
I think you are up the river, you could try recovery software but I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

I think you are right.  I will try. My bigger concern is how did this happen and how can we avoid it in the future?  Otherwise i cant trust the camera.  Thoughts??
2020-5-13
Use props
177mph
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else have ideas for me?  I was thinking about a hard reset for the camera. Otherwise I just dont trust it to shoot valuable video anymore
2020-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules