Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've recently flown my I2 with X5S Camera set to standard HD using the 265 codec. Here's a link to my YT video which I hope will show it clearly.

If you watch the trees there seems to be a very noticeable flicker on the leaves and wonder if it’s got anything to do with the HEVC codec.

I've had a similar thing happen on my Mavic 2 Pro when using the HEVC 10 bit settings . Initially I thought it was shadow from the props, (I was trying to keep the f-stop down by increasing the shutter speed) but I'm not so sure if thats caused it?

Any thoughts would be very welcome, or if anyone has had something similar issue

Regards

Phil

2020-5-13
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I see it too.  Everything else in the video looks normal.  Do you recall what shutter speed and what fps you were using?  Maybe it has something to do with any of the two?
2020-5-13
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly I can't. All I  know is I had an ND8 polar and aiming for around f4-5.6. Sadly that data isn't recorded in the files, although ironically almost everything else is!!

Curious to see if any Mavic 2 owners have found the same thing using the HEVC codec , as it's probably used more to achieve the 10 bit image.
2020-5-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There's nothing unusually wrong with this clip. Your best approach is 1/60 shutter for 30 fps clip to achieve enough blur to mask expected stuttering of close objects. Try to master slow camera tilt down while you're ascending, it does the miracles.
2020-5-13
Use props
fansc1c83179
lvl.1
United States

This looks far more like an aliasing issue caused by the bitrate being too low for this much spatial/temporal detail. Or it could be moire, but I doubt that.
2020-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules