Cut Off File Number
501 4 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

Hi...I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I am looking to see if there is a way to shut off the file name on my photos/videos? As I try to download video's and pictures, the software wants to overwrite my files.  Is there anyway to shut that off on the Phantom?  Thank you all in advance
2020-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, there is no way to do that. The answer is to put your photos in a separate folder each time you download them, then they will not over-write. People who know how to use DOS can easily batch re-number the files then if they wish.
2020-5-13
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 5-13 14:10
No, there is no way to do that. The answer is to put your photos in a separate folder each time you download them, then they will not over-write. People who know how to use DOS can easily batch re-number the files then if they wish.

Thank you so much for your reply. This is a big help. Will I need to rename them files after putting them into a folder or can I download them as they are from the folder?
2020-5-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SuperiorDroneNC Posted at 5-13 16:00
Thank you so much for your reply. This is a big help. Will I need to rename them files after putting them into a folder or can I download them as they are from the folder?

If you put two files with the same name in the same folder, the computer will want you to rename one, or it will overwrite.
Keep them in separate folders and it's all OK

Do you realise that you can go into the camera settings and have teh camera continue flie naming from where the last flight finished rather than resetting to 001 each flight?
Look for File Index Mode and change it to continuous rather than reset.
2020-5-13
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 5-13 16:23
If you put two files with the same name in the same folder, the computer will want you to rename one, or it will overwrite.
Keep them in separate folders and it's all OK

I will try that. Thank you so much
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules