Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well,
I read the DJI Fly APP guide and in it there are Advanced Gimbal Controls ( for the Mavic Mini) not so for the Mavic Air 2.  There is no way to adjust the speed and pitch of the gimbal in the app for the Mavic Air 2. I cannot understand why it's not there.. It is for every other DJI drone that I  own ( and it may be there for the Osmo)
I reached out to Customer Service and this is what they said... "I am sorry but the Advanced GImbal Setting is not available on MAvic Air2"..

How can that be?.. Looks like they didn't think things through. maybe rushed to market?.. I should have waited to buy this unit...

2020-5-13
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

you could have waited but now you can enjoy the drone until they update the firmware.
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

him7403 Posted at 5-13 16:00
you could have waited but now you can enjoy the drone until they update the firmware.

Thanks.. I don't think so. its incomplete. I can still enjoy my Mavic Pro 2.. I may return this and wait the 6 months to iron the bugs out . This is the first DJI drone that I purchased that disappointed me....
I wasn't even  thinking of getting a new drone.
2020-5-13
Use props
fans9d428f27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169833 ft
United States

I just realized this tonight when I went to go change the gimbal mode. Hopefully will come with a firmware update.
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans9d428f27 Posted at 5-13 16:59
I just realized this tonight when I went to go change the gimbal mode. Hopefully will come with a firmware update.

A real WTF moment  huh?
2020-5-13
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans9d428f27 Posted at 5-13 16:59

Hi I think we should all email Customer Support about this. If you have time to kill, try the Online Chat. It takes awhile but maybe they will suggest this to the engineers....
OR we could all start a YouTube Channel and beg for the updates?   . We've  got tons of time on our hands now and maybe it will keep us  ( me at least) from shopping!,
2020-5-13
Use props
cjphil2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169833 ft
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-13 17:01
A real WTF moment  huh?

Yeah, not cool!
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ET214. Currently, DJI FLY does not support advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-5-13
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

him7403 Posted at 5-13 16:00

Yep. Reading the manual saved me from a purchase due to it's lack of DJI waypoints and Litchi support.
2020-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lets hope they add the feature in a firmware update.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-13 23:19
Hi, ET214. Currently, DJI FLY does not support advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

Hello, please revise your statement.:
DJI Fly app does include Advanced Gimbal Settings for the Mavic Mini.
(It’s in your DJI Fly App guide.).  Just not for the Mavic Air 2
We have always been able to adjust the gimbals speed and pitch with every other Mavic drone. And the Phantoms.

How long does it take for the engineers to rewrite and update the firmware?  2 days? 6 months?
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-13 23:52
Yep. Reading the manual saved me from a purchase due to it's lack of DJI waypoints and Litchi support.

Hi but didn’t the manual include the advanced Gimbal settings? At least the manual that they have online for the app which was previously only used  in the  Mavic Mini. You would think such a feature included in the entry level product would be available in this important and major update.

Sad.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 05:16
Hi but didn’t the manual include the advanced Gimbal settings? At least the manual that they have online for the app which was previously only used  in the  Mavic Mini. You would think such a feature included in the entry level product would be available in this important and major update.

Sad.

I think they will implement control for gimbal soon, they also need to implement settings for EXP control settings, hopefully a moderator can confirm these are going to be implemented soon . Thanks for posting.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 05:36
I think they will implement control for gimbal soon, they also need to implement settings for EXP control settings, hopefully a moderator can confirm these are going to be implemented soon . Thanks for posting.

yes, let's hope so... I'll try to be positive.
2020-5-14
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-14 05:16
Hi but didn’t the manual include the advanced Gimbal settings? At least the manual that they have online for the app which was previously only used  in the  Mavic Mini. You would think such a feature included in the entry level product would be available in this important and major update.

Sad.

Completely agree,
2020-5-14
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

It actually does on the Mini.

which is bizzare as how does a more feature filled drone have less software features than the cheaper counterpart heh.
2020-5-14
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, it does.  It has this option on the DJI Fly app when using it with the Mini.....   
2020-5-14
Use props
ASI9999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47064 ft
Sweden

Pls ask your software team to include gimbal pitch speed settings for Mavic Air 2 asap. All other drones have it and for good reasons.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_B1YzCjB6fTy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13625 ft
United States

Agree, this needs to be added asap!
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_B1YzCjB6fTy1 Posted at 5-14 10:38
Agree, this needs to be added asap!

I agree. Not in the future but  the PRESENT!!
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skraeling Posted at 5-14 07:17
It actually does on the Mini.

which is bizzare as how does a more feature filled drone have less software features than the cheaper counterpart heh.

Exactly my point.
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

urbanweb Posted at 5-14 07:36
Yes, it does.  It has this option on the DJI Fly app when using it with the Mini.....

Hi, there. I apologize for this ambiguous reply. Currently, DJI FLY does not support advanced gimbal settings for Mavic Air 2. Thanks for your correction.
2020-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Baby steps. It will get there in time.
2020-5-14
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I will add my voice to this... those advance controls should be added via a firmware update. Expo would be nice too for the sticks.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-14 18:33
Hi, there. I apologize for this ambiguous reply. Currently, DJI FLY does not support advanced gimbal settings for Mavic Air 2. Thanks for your correction.

Thank you
I hope that the engineers address this quickly
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-14 18:51
Baby steps. It will get there in time.

yes.. ok fine,, Not what the press release says.. it says it's changing games now... I guess the game ( or joke) is on us.

2020-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I worked for a few years on an electronics design team for a major company. We never released a product with "advanced" features. Those always came about with ECN changes and updates. Otherwise we got swamped with issues with the new product. Pretty much SOP in that regard. Beta testing is really not enough.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-14 19:04
I worked for a few years on an electronics design team for a major company. We never released a product with "advanced" features. Those always came about with ECN changes and updates. Otherwise we got swamped with issues with the new product. Pretty much SOP in that regard. Beta testing is really not enough.

Hi
I understand..
Maybe what you are saying is what I have started  thinking all along  that I should have just waited.

I'm tired of beating this horse. I really hope that more people will reach out to Customer Service and make requests... the squeaky wheels get greased, right?
2020-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-14 19:16
Hi
I understand..
Maybe what you are saying is what I have started  thinking all along  that I should have just waited.

Absolutely, make it an issue and it will get added. Happens all the time.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-14 19:27
Absolutely, make it an issue and it will get added. Happens all the time.

Misery loves company.. and the more people that complain,  the hotter the fire . right? Things get done.. At least I hope.
2020-5-14
Use props
TooSlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19452 ft
United States

- expo and endpoint adjustment are missing entirely. I need the ability to tune these for the different flight modes. These should be in the ‘control’ tab...
- gimbal speed adjustment (as stated above) are mandatory for any cinematic move.

These are the largest failures for this new ‘state of the art’ machine where I may be better for flying my old Mavic Pro...
I bought this little machine to fly locations and times where my inspire 2 would be too large / dangerous... right now with these limited control options, it is nearly useless  to me.

DJI techs, solve these issues ASAP

Thank you.

2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TooSlow Posted at 5-14 20:03
- expo and endpoint adjustment are missing entirely. I need the ability to tune these for the different flight modes. These should be in the ‘control’ tab...
- gimbal speed adjustment (as stated above) are mandatory for any cinematic move.

If only they would look at this thread.   The online chat has a long line. I think it would be best to send them an email.It's a little complicated but hopefully they will read the email and this thread. I may even try and call them..

I agree with you!
2020-5-14
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 5-14 20:13
If only they would look at this thread.   The online chat has a long line. I think it would be best to send them an email.It's a little complicated but hopefully they will read the email and this thread. I may even try and call them..

I agree with you!

Don't waste your time emailing them. I sent a very clear email asking if the AirSense hardware would be retrospectively fittable in the regions where its currently missing (UK in my case), and if it would be a free or chargeable service.

They replied by simply saying that AirSense isn't currently available on UK models. Which I obviously already knew.

Hopeless
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Red Zeppelin Posted at 5-14 22:23
Don't waste your time emailing them. I sent a very clear email asking if the AirSense hardware would be retrospectively fittable in the regions where its currently missing (UK in my case), and if it would be a free or chargeable service.

They replied by simply saying that AirSense isn't currently available on UK models. Which I obviously already knew.

Hi.
I guess we will have to speak in languages that they all manufacturers understand: money.

2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 22:28
Hi.
I guess we will have to speak in languages that they all manufacturers understand: money.

They will make the changes and I suppose the more threads people add to forum, the better chance this will happen.
If you take the Air1itself, biggest complaint it had no Ocysync, noise, battery life, these are just 3 massive changes dji made at no cost, so we know they listen. But common sense tells us they will not announce when, they never have and if a company give a date and miss it, this only causes more anxiety people tearing their hair out because they were promised etc etc.

I think if you can contact moderator like dji Mindy , she will forward to engineer, you then follow up asking what engineer said. You might get the answer , it will be updated in next FW, and it would be a real bonus to get dji to even give you a month for next FW.
So keep posting the threads posts and they will listen, we won’t get everything but we will get some.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 22:28
Hi.

They will make the changes and I suppose the more threads people add to forum, the better chance this will happen.
If you take the Air1itself, biggest complaint it had no Ocysync, noise, battery life, these are just 3 massive changes dji made at no cost, so we know they listen. But common sense tells us they will not announce when, they never have and if a company give a date and miss it, this only causes more anxiety people tearing their hair out because they were promised etc etc.

I think if you can contact moderator like dji Mindy , she will forward to engineer, you then follow up asking what engineer said. You might get the answer , it will be updated in next FW, and it would be a real bonus to get dji to even give you a month for next FW.
So keep posting the threads posts and they will listen, we won’t get everything but we will get some.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 22:51
If you take the Air1itself, biggest complaint it had no Ocysync, noise, battery life, these are just 3 massive changes dji made at no cost, so we know they listen. But common sense tells us they will not announce when, they never have and if a company give a date and miss it, this only causes more anxiety people tearing their hair out because they were promised etc etc.

Hello
I own the Mavic Air. It has been over 2 years since it was released. They finally updated it.  Almost.
I do not wish to wait 2 years for them to add features that the Mavic mini has.
They released a product with crippled software.
Instead of banging on their door asking them to fix things that never should have been broken, I would just like to fly a drone.  I am not comfortable flying this thing.

2020-5-14
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cmon its DJI, they will not update it.
The will release a new product next year and you have to buy a new one !
Never trust them !
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-14 23:15
Hello
I own the Mavic Air. It has been over 2 years since it was released. They finally updated it.  Almost.
I do not wish to wait 2 years for them to add features that the Mavic mini has.

I can see you’re here to whine not get anything sorted, I get impression from people like you that you would be dissapointed if you had nothing to complain about.
First what did it take two years to fix ? You say you own a Mavic Air, in it’s just over two years it has had 6 FW updates to improve the whole stability of the craft, this is quite normal for drones and I think dji are to the fore in constantly improving their drones many years after purchase.
It sounds as though you will accept nothing only something that works perfectly straight out of the box, I suggest buy a kettle.

I made suggestions from my experience dealing and owning flying dji drones, you can ignore what I say in favor or doing your pointless rain dance, but as you can see in the many posts you have posted, you got nowhere nada nothing, because it’s very hard to listen to someone who continues to shout and all one can hear coming out is rubbish and no sense. But I believe this is what you think will get you answers quicker , let’s see , they’re none so deaf as those who won’t listen.
2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ahrimaan Posted at 5-15 00:10
Cmon its DJI, they will not update it.
The will release a new product next year and you have to buy a new one !
Never trust them !

Thank you! My thoughts exactly..
2020-5-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules