Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 01:05
I can see you’re here to whine not get anything sorted, I get impression from people like you that you would be dissapointed if you had nothing to complain about.
First what did it take two years to fix ? You say you own a Mavic Air, in it’s just over two years it has had 6 FW updates to improve the whole stability of the craft, this is quite normal for drones and I think dji are to the fore in constantly improving their drones many years after purchase.
It sounds as though you will accept nothing only something that works perfectly straight out of the box, I suggest buy a kettle.

Hi ,
Thank you for your opinion.... ( are you saying that you don't expect products to work as advertised when you purchase them? If so I've got several bridges I can sell you).
   My only gripe with the Mavic Air was the battery  level, Wifi transmission and the noise level of the props. That was hardware.  I had no issues with the operations because in each and every drone that I have owned ( all DJI drones) the product worked as the documentation said it would, until now. (That's why I have  stuck with a market leader and don't buy any of the numerous knock-offs  and inferior products.)
-as you can see from my list of equipment I have  many of their drones. With this release, this is the first time that I have ever visited the forums and posted anything .  I didn't start posting until AFTER I communicated thru online chat with customer service and they informed me of the (deception) in the guide for the DJI FlY App in regards to the Mavic Air 2.
The rep did not say that the engineers would address this oversight....they did not say that they would be releasing a DJI Fly APP specific to the Mavic Air 2,... they did not even say a user manual for the Mavic Air 2 would be released.
Imagine my frustration when after I told the rep that I would like to return the unit,  they told me that they would transfer me to another department  and then I am disconnected because my hold time had extended past their hours of operation. I reached out by email to get an automated response. That was 2 days ago. I do not know how things work in your country or anywhere else in the world for that matter, I can only go by experiences in the country that I live in.  I still have no response. The only response that I have had from DJI and it's representatives  is that the Mavic Air 2 does not support what the DJI Fly App guide says it should and some automated response.  

So you say that I should just believe that they will address this? when ? that's my question.. AFTER the time frame allowed to return the unit for a refund?  

Again, Thank you for thinking that I want to just whine... and  that I'm talking nonsense and rubbish; have i said anything that is not true?  No, I want to return this unit and get my money back. I don't want a drone that cannot even be controlled like a Mavic mini. If they had been upfront in the first place, I would not have purchased this and would not ever have visited or posted here.  I guess you can see how disappointed I am. You  are probably thinking  that I should exercise patience... there was no patience on their part when it came to the initial transaction. I am exercising the same amount of patience that they did.

2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 22:51
They will make the changes and I suppose the more threads people add to forum, the better chance this will happen.
If you take the Air1itself, biggest complaint it had no Ocysync, noise, battery life, these are just 3 massive changes dji made at no cost, so we know they listen. But common sense tells us they will not announce when, they never have and if a company give a date and miss it, this only causes more anxiety people tearing their hair out because they were promised etc etc.

How do I contact DJI Mindy?
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-15 06:25
Hi ,
Thank you for your opinion. I don't value it.  My only gripe with the Mavic Air was the battery  level, Wifi transmission and the noise level of the props. That was hardware.  I had no issues with the operations because in each and every drone that I have owned ( all DJI drones) the product worked as the documentation said it would, until now. (That's why I have  stuck with a market leader and don't buy any of the numerous knock-offs  and inferior products.)
-as you can see from my list of equipment I have had many of their drones. With this release, this is the first time that I have ever visited the forums and posted anything .  I didn't start posting until AFTER I communicated thru online chat with customer service and they informed me of the (deception) in the guide for the DJI FlY App in regards to the Mavic Air 2. The rep did not say that the engineers would address this oversight....they did not say that they would be releasing a DJI Fly APP specific to the Mavic Air 2,... they did not even say a user manual for the Mavic Air 2 would be released.

It all sounds like a ridiculous rant, you’re going on about the App, is it you don’t like the App or something missing, I don’t see anything missing in the app, if you’re talking about gimbal speed control or control expo sensitivity, well that’s not in the app but I didn’t see where it said it would be in the app. They are in the go4app and I’m certain they will come in the fly app. You have a M2, many things missing off that craft when released, waypoints, precision landing. Mavic Pro again many things missing off this craft, it had 16 FW updates to make it the great craft it is still now. Mavic Air1 also missing stuff which came with updates.
All craft above came with more features that were not advertised when customers purchased, many improvements bug fixes etc. that’s drones and that’s how they work, you don’t buy one and everything works out of the box, maybe wait 6 months and you will get what you need.

I agree with the two things I mentioned they should be included, I’m also aware that they weren’t advertised so it now becomes a wish rather than an absolute. But I’m confident changes will come, I used A2 today moving gimbal smoothly up and down is pretty simple as it is.

Returning your drone doesn’t require contacting anyone by phone, you just email support raise a ticket they will arrange for your drone to be collected shipping paid, it’s that simple.

I don’t say or cant say dji will implement what your looking for, but I do know from experience they listen and usually implement what users are looking for, and it seems to be a growing problem for many, so it will be up there. I do also believe dji will add other stuff to enhance what we already have.

If you see dji Mindy commenting on other posts you could post to her to look at your thread, you can use PM button under her name. She will put you straight as much as she can.
2020-5-15
Use props
fans34786e07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169833 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 07:36
It all sounds like a ridiculous rant, you’re going on about the App, is it you don’t like the App or something missing, I don’t see anything missing in the app, if you’re talking about gimbal speed control or control expo sensitivity, well that’s not in the app but I didn’t see where it said it would be in the app. They are in the go4app and I’m certain they will come in the fly app. You have a M2, many things missing off that craft when released, waypoints, precision landing. Mavic Pro again many things missing off this craft, it had 16 FW updates to make it the great craft it is still now. Mavic Air1 also missing stuff which came with updates.
All craft above came with more features that were not advertised when customers purchased, many improvements bug fixes etc. that’s drones and that’s how they work, you don’t buy one and everything works out of the box, maybe wait 6 months and you will get what you need.

"If you’re talking about gimbal speed control or control expo sensitivity, well that’s not in the app but I didn’t see where it said it would be in the app. They are in the go4app "

Wrong.

It is indeed in the fly app as we speak for the Mini

IMG_9257.PNG
2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans34786e07 Posted at 5-15 08:05
"If you’re talking about gimbal speed control or control expo sensitivity, well that’s not in the app but I didn’t see where it said it would be in the app. They are in the go4app "

I think we are talking about Air2, I own a mini so I’m aware of this. And this would also mean that this will be implemented for Air2 . Control sensitivity is not there.
2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 07:36

HI,
I can see you're trying to help me be reasonable. To my credit this is the first drone that I have pre ordered and purchased at it's initial launch;  so is it any wonder that I am bewildered by the fact that they point us to a guide for an app that does have the controls in it and when I do my initial pre flight test it is not there? I am not familiar with the app and I hadn't had a chance to form an opinion on likes or dislikes.
I do not have a Mavic mini so while patiently waiting for the drone, I read, studied and watched videos on the app so I would at least be familiar with the layout.This is the image from the DJI Fly APP Guide. Yes it does say for the Mavic Mini, but this is what they point us to: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/

I did a test flight at that point: just put the drone up and took a couple of photos and then landed it. I contacted tech support thinking I was overlooking something. That's when the ball dropped and they said that there were no advanced controls for the Mavic Air 2.

I did email support requesting to return the unit.  I received an automated response. that was 2 days ago, hours before i started the thread.  Yesterday, I received another automated response saying it was being forwarded to the appropriate department.  I guess in another 2-3 days I will get an automated response saying due to the extenuating circumstances that the world is in they are having a difficult time. Aren't we all?
I have preordered cameras before - months in fact before they were released and in that time they would release user manuals and guides and software before the products hit the shelves. yes there were bugs to iron out and glitches but the guides were correct and  included everything. They would never dream of  pointing us to a guide for a  lower end model and then leave the ADVANCED FEATURES out, without at least saying something in the release notes.

I really wanted this drone to work out.

2020-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ET214 Posted at 5-15 08:45
HI,
I can see you're trying to help me be reasonable. To my credit this is the first drone that I have pre ordered and purchased at it's initial launch;  so is it any wonder that I am bewildered by the fact that they point us to a guide for an app that does have the controls in it and when I do my initial pre flight test it is not there? I am not familaiar with the app and I hadn't had a chance to dform an opinion on liskes or dislikes. Its is misleading.
I do not have a Mavic mini so while patiently waiting for the drone, I read, studied and watched videos on the app so I would at least be familiar with the layout.This is the image from the DJI Fly APP Guide. Yes it does say for the Mavic Mini, but this is what they point us to: https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/

The app is actually pretty good, yes it looks pretty basic at first but it ease of use is a lot better than go4 IMO , it’s cleaner you can view more with less icons getting in your way, but it takes a bit of getting used to like anything else. That’s the app.
Regarding the gimbal control, I’m almost certain this will be implemented and I would say soon, many new releases get updated within a month of release, and it’s threads like this and others that will bring attention to the immediate problems .
I’m not sure I fully understand your problems with CS, I tend never to contact CS directly as a lot of discussion can be lost in translation, so I use email or try going through some of the very good moderators on the forum here. Dji are very shy in giving out information directly and it usually happens in dribs and drabs from moderators. They should address the situation soon or at least give confirmation they’re working on the problem and it will be sorted soon.
I’m actually on your side here, but moderators tend to steer away from threads where customers are more interested in attacking rather than trying to get matters sorted. My opinion only.
2020-5-15
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 09:41
The app is actually pretty good, yes it looks pretty basic at first but it ease of use is a lot better than go4 IMO , it’s cleaner you can view more with less icons getting in your way, but it takes a bit of getting used to like anything else. That’s the app.
Regarding the gimbal control, I’m almost certain this will be implemented and I would say soon, many new releases get updated within a month of release, and it’s threads like this and others that will bring attention to the immediate problems .
I’m not sure I fully understand your problems with CS, I tend never to contact CS directly as a lot of discussion can be lost in translation, so I use email or try going through some of the very good moderators on the forum here. Dji are very shy in giving out information directly and it usually happens in dribs and drabs from moderators. They should address the situation soon or at least give confirmation they’re working on the problem and it will be sorted soon.

Thanks...   I do hope that it will be resolved. My hopes are still high.
2020-5-15
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too, like the app better and have hope that more functionality will come soon.  
2020-5-15
Use props
TooSlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19452 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 09:41
I’m not sure I fully understand your problems with CS, I tend never to contact CS directly as a lot of discussion can be lost in translation, so I use email or try going through some of the very good moderators on the forum here. Dji are very shy in giving out information directly and it usually happens in dribs and drabs from moderators. They should address the situation soon or at least give confirmation they’re working on the problem and it will be sorted soon.

"Dji are very shy in giving out information directly" - very true.  They don't want to be held to any statements made about whether or not a feature will or will not be included in a firmware update that may or may not be implemented in the near or far timeframe...

It's an out for DJI to implement things whenever they get around to it...
2020-5-18
Use props
Tommy L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2029705 ft
United States

I totally agree.  I spend a while looking for it in frustration.  This needs to be added.  This app is a big step backwards.  I'm having trouble with the map too.
2020-5-24
Use props
viktortras
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5741 ft
France

please add this feature as soon as possible, Mavic Air 2 should have been launched with this feature available, it's essential to make good videos!!
2020-5-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hi So this is interesting..
Pay attention at 3:56

2020-5-24
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-13 23:19
Hi, ET214. Currently, DJI FLY does not support advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

why the hell do you even run DJI Fly App (DJI Go 5) with Mavic Air 2 if the software isnt even finished??? Typical DJI, throw something on the market and wait until DJI fun base is pis*ed about customer service and slowly add features that should be there from the beginning. DJI promised ADS-B (of course blame Corona pandemic for that), 8K Hyperlapse (never read that it actually works) and we all expected at least same set of features like original Mavic Air 1 has. No Stick sensitivity, no gimbal sensitivity??? Why DJI?? Why?
Please dont reply with dumb responses like forwarding to tech deparment and you value all customer feedback crap.
2020-5-27
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United States

ET214 Posted at 5-14 05:12
Hello, please revise your statement.:
DJI Fly app does include Advanced Gimbal Settings for the Mavic Mini.
(It’s in your DJI Fly App guide.).  Just not for the Mavic Air 2

exactly my point, where is the road map with dates and release features listed, shady like the whole of xxxx.
2020-5-27
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-14 18:51
Baby steps. It will get there in time.

of course because DJI never had this implemented before?? Like DJI Go 4? This DJI Fly App is from the folder structure (Android) listed as DJI Go 5, how could they create new version (4 to 5) and lose so many features? I dont see other software companies starting from scratch after every major version update. On the contrary, they always have all the previous features plus add more along the way. This DJI Go 5 is just a lite version of DJI Go 4 without anything mission critical.
2020-5-27
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 01:05
I can see you’re here to whine not get anything sorted, I get impression from people like you that you would be dissapointed if you had nothing to complain about.
First what did it take two years to fix ? You say you own a Mavic Air, in it’s just over two years it has had 6 FW updates to improve the whole stability of the craft, this is quite normal for drones and I think dji are to the fore in constantly improving their drones many years after purchase.
It sounds as though you will accept nothing only something that works perfectly straight out of the box, I suggest buy a kettle.

you do understand you should be on our side here, not DJI right? Unless of course you are affiliate with DJI which would be sad. I am not asking for some amazing features, just those I am used to from Mavic Air, Gimbal sensitivity and Sticks sensitivity, is that too much to ask from 2020 drone of who knows what generation of DJI drones? Drone itself is capable of that already, just that crappy lite version of DJI Go 5 is what people are complaining about. When I first heard about Mavic Mini using different App I thought its mini, so it is aimed to a different group of clients. But this Mavic Air 2 is almost the size of Mavic 2 and using an App that cant provide basic features??? I really liked indication of wind and drones angle when flying Mavic Air 1, even that is just gone (surely enough I got notification suddenly that there is high wind later).
2020-5-27
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

coudys Posted at 5-27 08:20
you do understand you should be on our side here, not DJI right? Unless of course you are affiliate with DJI which would be sad. I am not asking for some amazing features, just those I am used to from Mavic Air, Gimbal sensitivity and Sticks sensitivity, is that too much to ask from 2020 drone of who knows what generation of DJI drones? Drone itself is capable of that already, just that crappy lite version of DJI Go 5 is what people are complaining about. When I first heard about Mavic Mini using different App I thought its mini, so it is aimed to a different group of clients. But this Mavic Air 2 is almost the size of Mavic 2 and using an App that cant provide basic features??? I really liked indication of wind and drones angle when flying Mavic Air 1, even that is just gone (surely enough I got notification suddenly that there is high wind later).

Hi I agree with you.
We have the drone now. Let’s just try and enjoy it and hope they will update it.
If they don’t. I guess in the future , we look to their competition.  It’s as easy as that.
Life is too short for anything else.  
2020-5-27
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

you do understand you should be on our side here, not DJI right? Unless of course you are affiliate with DJI which would be sad. I am not asking for some amazing features, just those I am used to from Mavic Air, Gimbal sensitivity and Sticks sensitivity, is that too much to ask from 2020 drone of who knows what generation of DJI drones? Drone itself is capable of that already, just that crappy lite version of DJI Go 5 is what people are complaining about. When I first heard about Mavic Mini using different App I thought its mini, so it is aimed to a different group of clients. But this Mavic Air 2 is almost the size of Mavic 2 and using an App that cant provide basic features??? I really liked indication of wind and drones angle when flying Mavic Air 1, even that is just gone (surely enough I got notification suddenly that there is high wind later).

Hi
I was out flying  the Mavic Air 2 and it was very windy. I did get  a high wind notification to land safely Asap
Wait for really windy day. And fly to about 50-75 feet elevation.
2020-5-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

you do understand you should be on our side here, not DJI right? Unless of course you are affiliate with DJI which would be sad. I am not asking for some amazing features, just those I am used to from Mavic Air, Gimbal sensitivity and Sticks sensitivity, is that too much to ask from 2020 drone of who knows what generation of DJI drones? Drone itself is capable of that already, just that crappy lite version of DJI Go 5 is what people are complaining about. When I first heard about Mavic Mini using different App I thought its mini, so it is aimed to a different group of clients. But this Mavic Air 2 is almost the size of Mavic 2 and using an App that cant provide basic features??? I really liked indication of wind and drones angle when flying Mavic Air 1, even that is just gone (surely enough I got notification suddenly that there is high wind later).

You’re completely wrong about the app, trying to navigate the go4 app is more work than it’s worth, it’s bloated over used and prone to collapse, with many Mavic users continually complaining about dropouts ans complete crashes.
Yes the Fly app is basic and some essentials missing, but as a clean workable app it’s incredibly reliable, I’ve been using it for over 7 months on two Craft now and I have never had one single app crash. It’s ease of use for both flying and camera controls are so far ahead of go4, it shows just how much thought was put into it. The incredibly tidy screen with a much clearer view of where you are flying and framing your photography. Yes it evolving , and I also remember when go4 was released and it wasn’t 100% ready to go it evolved like almost every app for no matter what.

Exp sensitivity settings and gimbal speed control, well if you think I’m against having them then go read the thread I posted. But I believe that when looking for improvements it’s important to ask for the improvements that make this a better craft for all not whims etc.
Read and contribute to thread below....

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215413
One thing I will say having used this craft it's one of the smoothest flying craft I've flown and that's without Exp settings.
2020-5-27
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-27 10:25
You’re completely wrong about the app, trying to navigate the go4 app is more work than it’s worth, it’s bloated over used and prone to collapse, with many Mavic users continually complaining about dropouts ans complete crashes.
Yes the Fly app is basic and some essentials missing, but as a clean workable app it’s incredibly reliable, I’ve been using it for over 7 months on two Craft now and I have never had one single app crash. It’s ease of use for both flying and camera controls are so far ahead of go4, it shows just how much thought was put into it. The incredibly tidy screen with a much clearer view of where you are flying and framing your photography. Yes it evolving , and I also remember when go4 was released and it wasn’t 100% ready to go it evolved like almost every app for no matter what.

I also expect that there is a reason for DJI to debloat a long developed DJI go 4, I do like simple user interface on the DJI Go 5 but it doesnt mean we lose important controls even if buried deep down in the menus. I was able to set my exps on gimbal and sticks on ma MA and never needed them to change. Just today I was flying MA2 where I needed sport mode (or at least normal mode) and lowered central stick sensitivity (exps settings) together with cinematic smoothness of the gimbal, and I failed. 1.1mm versus 1.2mm angle from the center on the stick ruins the shot. Tripod mode has limited speed and there is no cinematic mode (no speed limit but limited axis and gimbal rotational speeds). I couldnt care less about the tidy screen but basic flight controls are missing. Thats a fact I wouldnt expect on a successor to Mavic Air. Rest of the features can come later, but these ones bother me the most. I think we are on the same page, just that DJI is chinese company and as such, they do what they like (whats best in their interest) and they get away with it. All we can do is wait and pray. Kinda sucks.
2020-5-28
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 5-27 08:48
Hi
I was out flying  the Mavic Air 2 and it was very windy. I did get  a high wind notification to land safely Asap
Wait for really windy day. And fly to about 50-75 feet elevation.

DJI Go 5 has got the wind notification but no real time data that shows angle of the drone fighting the wind, this gave me a lot more information, same like it changed to sport mode illustration with motor power and horizon, like airplanes have. For Mavic Mini is ok, but MA2 is almost as large as M2 with no information what the drone is going through during the flight.
2020-5-28
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 5-27 08:43
Hi I agree with you.
We have the drone now. Let’s just try and enjoy it and hope they will update it.
If they don’t. I guess in the future , we look to their competition.  It’s as easy as that.

MA2 is amazing, I love it and I fly it as much as I can and in the mean time I working on workarounds to my issues. (stick sensitivity is the biggest) any tips on how to do 5 axis shot (forward, sideways, upwards, rotate left and gimbal downwards at the same time)? Similar to helix quick shot but manual. I was able to do it with Mavic Air, unable to find smooth grip on MA2.
2020-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

coudys Posted at 5-28 08:07
I also expect that there is a reason for DJI to debloat a long developed DJI go 4, I do like simple user interface on the DJI Go 5 but it doesnt mean we lose important controls even if buried deep down in the menus. I was able to set my exps on gimbal and sticks on ma MA and never needed them to change. Just today I was flying MA2 where I needed sport mode (or at least normal mode) and lowered central stick sensitivity (exps settings) together with cinematic smoothness of the gimbal, and I failed. 1.1mm versus 1.2mm angle from the center on the stick ruins the shot. Tripod mode has limited speed and there is no cinematic mode (no speed limit but limited axis and gimbal rotational speeds). I couldnt care less about the tidy screen but basic flight controls are missing. Thats a fact I wouldnt expect on a successor to Mavic Air. Rest of the features can come later, but these ones bother me the most. I think we are on the same page, just that DJI is chinese company and as such, they do what they like (whats best in their interest) and they get away with it. All we can do is wait and pray. Kinda sucks.

The fact that you couldn’t care less about the screen, tells me you’re not that serious about photography, what you can see on your screen is what your filiming or shooting, for me this is most important, I don’t want to be going back anywhere because I missed my shot.

I hope it works out for you , I think if dji didn’t produce what customers wanted they wouldn’t have 77% of global drone market. It’s a fact that Chinese make the best prosumer drones in the world with the best tech and SW and until someone else makes better then I’ll use dji.
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

coudys Posted at 5-28 08:11
DJI Go 5 has got the wind notification but no real time data that shows angle of the drone fighting the wind, this gave me a lot more information, same like it changed to sport mode illustration with motor power and horizon, like airplanes have. For Mavic Mini is ok, but MA2 is almost as large as M2 with no information what the drone is going through during the flight.

I hear you and agree with you. No one took a poll and asked us USERS how we would feel with the new interface.
Those of us that have smart controllers are ( at least me) are really hoping that the drone will use the DJI Go4 app, not the simplistic one that they used for the toy drone- the Mavic mini.

My major gripe and it still is, is that I cannot set the speed of the gimbal and forget it. So If I fly the DJI Phantom 3,  or 4, Mavic Pro or the M2 Pro or the original Air and then bounce back over to this one, I have to THINK about controlling the gimbal speed and NOT so much about my surroundings.
I have heard that even the competitors allow the user to throttle the speed of the Gimbal.  
The toy drone the Mavic Mini allows this. What happened  to the Mavic Air 2 and WHY?

2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

coudys Posted at 5-28 08:16
MA2 is amazing, I love it and I fly it as much as I can and in the mean time I working on workarounds to my issues. (stick sensitivity is the biggest) any tips on how to do 5 axis shot (forward, sideways, upwards, rotate left and gimbal downwards at the same time)? Similar to helix quick shot but manual. I was able to do it with Mavic Air, unable to find smooth grip on MA2.

Hi no tips for that but maybe an FPV drone is what you need?
That sounds like fun!
2020-5-28
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 5-28 08:23
Hi no tips for that but maybe an FPV drone is what you need?
That sounds like fun!

already flying Lift Off from Steam on a cheap radio, once I hit 10 sim hours I may consider getting a real one lol. FPV has no gimbal control, you are right, no one from those folks ask for even smoother gimbal settings  than they have not. haha
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi so an update has appeared elsewhere online about the Gimbal controls..
Looks like it not going to happen in June but further down the road.
Check out the story
DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3 and
Cult Of Drone Mavic Air 2 Update Q3
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_q8WdWKxDIrwm
New

Canada

I just received my Mavic Air 2 in the mail.  After 2 minutes of flying in tripod mode, it was obvious to me that this footage would not be usable unless I could reduce the speed of the gimbal.  Is there an ETA on when this firmware update will come out?  I don't know how anyone is creating usable footage with this unit.  Has anyone managed to get good enough with this dial to create smooth footage?
Thank you!
Leslie
2020-7-13
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_q8WdWKxDIrwm Posted at 7-13 18:47
I just received my Mavic Air 2 in the mail.  After 2 minutes of flying in tripod mode, it was obvious to me that this footage would not be usable unless I could reduce the speed of the gimbal.  Is there an ETA on when this firmware update will come out?  I don't know how anyone is creating usable footage with this unit.  Has anyone managed to get good enough with this dial to create smooth footage?
Thank you!
Leslie

The worst part is that this post goes back to May!  It is now middle of July and nothing has been updated, and not just the app either.  Still no goggle, smart controller, flight simulator, crystal sky support.  I mean, I know there is a pandemic but they really need to step it up.
2020-7-13
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skraeling Posted at 5-14 07:17
It actually does on the Mini.

which is bizzare as how does a more feature filled drone have less software features than the cheaper counterpart heh.

It wasn't there on day 1 for the mini, I suspect it will come.
2020-7-15
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andy Uk Posted at 7-15 05:50
It wasn't there on day 1 for the mini, I suspect it will come.

Just in time for the Mavic Air 3
2020-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woobisah Posted at 7-13 21:42
The worst part is that this post goes back to May!  It is now middle of July and nothing has been updated, and not just the app either.  Still no goggle, smart controller, flight simulator, crystal sky support.  I mean, I know there is a pandemic but they really need to step it up.

The goggles and crystal sky wont be compatible but the smart controller hopefully will be soon enough.
2020-7-16
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-16 08:42
The goggles and crystal sky wont be compatible but the smart controller hopefully will be soon enough.

As someone else has said...” just in time for the Mavic 3”
Or maybe the Smart controller 2?
DJI has other things on their mind. They have  already have our money,
2020-7-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ET214 Posted at 7-20 08:38
As someone else has said...” just in time for the Mavic 3”
Or maybe the Smart controller 2?
DJI has other things on their mind. They have  already have our money,

But they still sell the product and its in their interest to maximise continued sales whilst it is. They have stated that the SC will be compatible but that goggles and CS will not. That is my point. I don't own the SC so it doesn't affect me but I believe it will be compatible with the MA2 in time for those that want it. There is still more money to be had and it's that money that fuels the R&D for the next generation of releases.
2020-7-20
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Finally some progress on adding advanced gimbal  controls to the app for the Mavic Air 2. Now we can get off of Tripod mode.!!
2020-8-5
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And another.
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now