Mac does not recognize Mavic Air 2 USB 3.0...Please Help
17117 35 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else ran into this? I am trying to download footage from the drone's hard drive. My Mac does not seem to recognize the drone when plugged in. I have rebooted the computer and drone to no avail.

Has anyone else ran into this? How to remedy?
2020-5-13
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Have you tried more than one cable?
2020-5-13
Use props
fans7c143a27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352592 ft
United States

I'll post here, since apparently I can't post yet for some reason I cannot figure out.  I'm beyond MAD with DJI.  Got my Mavic Air 2 today, a day later than promised I might add.  I bought from Best Buy.  Well, it was short the Apple cable.  And guess what I use to fly my drones?  That's right Apple products.  Which I might add the little short RC cables are not going to work to fly using an iPad anyway!!  So after an hour in queue waiting on DJI they tell me to contact Best Buy.  They cannot help me.  Then Best Buy tells me they cannot help me another hour later.  So I figure, no big deal, I have a few USB-C to Lightening cables laying around.  But apparently those aren't the same.  Because I can power up the drone and power up the remote, fire up the app, and it doesn't recognize the device as plugged in.  Ive tried my iPad and my iPhone both.  So I now have in my possession a $1000 useless drone!!  And no one wants to own up and help me.  So I am BEYOND MAD!!!  Anyone else?
2020-5-13
Use props
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Northwood Posted at 5-13 17:36
Have you tried more than one cable?

yep. that was my first option before rebooting both the computer and the drone. If vids were on SD card no problem but its on the drones hard drive.
2020-5-13
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I don’t believe there is anything special about the cable DJI uses to connect your iPhone or iPad to the included controller — it is a simple USB-C to Lightning cable. Is the cable you tried one capable of data transfer, or is it a charging cable (one with multiple connectors to allow charging of Apple and Android devices)? If it is the latter, that’s why your device isn’t recognized.
2020-5-13
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

USB C to USB C cables come in power only cables and data/power cables.  I was able to use the cable that came with my iPad Pro (USB C).  It worked fine connecting the MA2 to my MacBook Pro.
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans7c143a27 Posted at 5-13 18:25
I'll post here, since apparently I can't post yet for some reason I cannot figure out.  I'm beyond MAD with DJI.  Got my Mavic Air 2 today, a day later than promised I might add.  I bought from Best Buy.  Well, it was short the Apple cable.  And guess what I use to fly my drones?  That's right Apple products.  Which I might add the little short RC cables are not going to work to fly using an iPad anyway!!  So after an hour in queue waiting on DJI they tell me to contact Best Buy.  They cannot help me.  Then Best Buy tells me they cannot help me another hour later.  So I figure, no big deal, I have a few USB-C to Lightening cables laying around.  But apparently those aren't the same.  Because I can power up the drone and power up the remote, fire up the app, and it doesn't recognize the device as plugged in.  Ive tried my iPad and my iPhone both.  So I now have in my possession a $1000 useless drone!!  And no one wants to own up and help me.  So I am BEYOND MAD!!!  Anyone else?

Hi, there. I've answered this question here.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2020-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry I’m not near a computer, but I believe you might have to allow your Security on your Mac to open the drone as a drive , check your security and allow .
2020-5-13
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-13 23:12
Sorry I’m not near a computer, but I believe you might have to allow your Security on your Mac to open the drone as a drive , check your security and allow .

Friend had to do this for what its worth.
2020-5-13
Use props
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 5-13 21:26
USB C to USB C cables come in power only cables and data/power cables.  I was able to use the cable that came with my iPad Pro (USB C).  It worked fine connecting the MA2 to my MacBook Pro.

Awesome. I will try this.
2020-5-14
Use props
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

waynepj3gmail.com Posted at 5-14 12:25
Awesome. I will try this.

Thank you so much. Using my Mac USBC to USBC cable worked.
2020-5-14
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

waynepj3gmail.com Posted at 5-14 13:19
Thank you so much. Using my Mac USBC to USBC cable worked.

I am glad that I was able to help. Happy flying.  Stay safe.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_H5l87Rtz2Dxv
lvl.1

United States

Im having this same issue trying to import directly from the Mavic Air 2 into Final Cut Pro X. Drone won't show up in my Finder or within Final Cut, tried three different USB-C cables. Does anyone else have this issue???
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_THXP3Ta98UMw
New

United States

Same situation for me, 3 different cables - but cannot get this drive to show up.  Anyone have details on how they got this to work, it would be appreciated!
2020-7-4
Use props
cjsutcliffe
New
Flight distance : 15830 ft
United Arab Emirates

I'm struggling to get my MA2 connected to my Macbook Pro also...
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_L4nFRUTWS0bI
lvl.1

Netherlands

Having same issue here, contacted DJI Europe for this issue and asked them to send it to developement team. I am sure it is a problem of this Mavic Air 2 and can be solved by upgrading firmware. Mavic Air 2 is recognized on a windows laptop, but not on my 2017 MacBook Pro as a drive. I have several USB-C devices and cables for my MacBook and they all work fine except for the Mavic Air 2. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
2020-7-23
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I have a mid-2014 MBP Retina, the stock cable works fine, I am on Mojave.  Could this be a Catalina thing?
2020-7-23
Use props
tommygraham
lvl.1

United States

I am on my 3rd Mavic Air 2. The first one worked fine, the cable in the remote just kept disconnecting, but the usb-c port was fine. I sent it back and got a new one and the usb-c port did not work. I tried 3 different cables including the one for my hard drive and the one that came with the Mac. they worked fine on the first one, but not the second or the third one. DJI is pulling the good ol' bait and switch tactic and turning into garbage.
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_mmP0NGAF5kbH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21575 ft
United States

cjsutcliffe Posted at 7-4 18:48
I'm struggling to get my MA2 connected to my Macbook Pro also...

Mine works for the remote but not the drone. Tried 3 usbc cables.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_SM82q7RT35QB
New
United States

djiuser_mmP0NGAF5kbH Posted at 8-1 12:54

Same for me
Using Catalina 10.15.6
2020-8-11
Use props
Forcefield
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21575 ft
United States

djiuser_mmP0NGAF5kbH Posted at 8-1 12:54

Mine only worked with a USBC to USBA adapter. A cheap insignia brand one.
2020-8-11
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Same problem here!  this is my second Air 2 after having the first one replaced due to a motor fault.

The Air 2 will simply not connect to a brand new Macbook!  The first Air 2 I had worked fine and it was connecting ok, but my new Air 2 will just not connect to Macbook, only PC.

Come DJI, you specialize these drones for Apple and IOS products yet they are unable to connect to Macbooks???
2020-8-12
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

you need to use the USB-C to USB-A cable that comes with the FMC. I tried using my Mac's USB-C to USB-C cable and the Mac immediately says the drone is trying to draw too much power and it's disabling the port.
2020-8-12
Use props
djiuser_8HrpkeaZaPN2
New
United States

Mine connected to my MacBook Pro with no issues. I used the USB-C to USB-A cable that is for the remote charger and that went into the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter that I have for my computer. It recognized both the internal and SD card with no issues.
2020-9-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mac USB 3.0 is not compatible with DJI drone USB 3.0. I use USB 2.0 from a USB-C docking Station. iMac Pro and MacBook Pro. Is fine using the dock.
2020-9-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans7c143a27 Posted at 5-13 18:25
I'll post here, since apparently I can't post yet for some reason I cannot figure out.  I'm beyond MAD with DJI.  Got my Mavic Air 2 today, a day later than promised I might add.  I bought from Best Buy.  Well, it was short the Apple cable.  And guess what I use to fly my drones?  That's right Apple products.  Which I might add the little short RC cables are not going to work to fly using an iPad anyway!!  So after an hour in queue waiting on DJI they tell me to contact Best Buy.  They cannot help me.  Then Best Buy tells me they cannot help me another hour later.  So I figure, no big deal, I have a few USB-C to Lightening cables laying around.  But apparently those aren't the same.  Because I can power up the drone and power up the remote, fire up the app, and it doesn't recognize the device as plugged in.  Ive tried my iPad and my iPhone both.  So I now have in my possession a $1000 useless drone!!  And no one wants to own up and help me.  So I am BEYOND MAD!!!  Anyone else?

You just need to find the right cable simple. There available even at Best Buy to use with I pad.
2020-9-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

B737ng Posted at 8-12 08:17
Same problem here!  this is my second Air 2 after having the first one replaced due to a motor fault.

The Air 2 will simply not connect to a brand new Macbook!  The first Air 2 I had worked fine and it was connecting ok, but my new Air 2 will just not connect to Macbook, only PC.

Take the SD card out and download your footage that way.
2020-9-26
Use props
freeflying
New

United Kingdom

Can confirm that  USB C <> USB C cables didn't work on my Macbook Pro. I used a USB C <> USB A cable with a USB A <> USB C dongle into the Mac and I was able to access the internal storage. Weird.
2020-11-8
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 9-26 06:29
Take the SD card out and download your footage that way.

Its not for downloading the images but to connect via the assistant for updates and calibration
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_DlQt4LA32xmN
lvl.1
Belgium

i have the same problem. when you using an USB-C cable, your mac can`t make connection. the problem is that the USB-C port of the mavic is wrong configurated. when you use an adaptor USB-C to USB-A (the old one) and you put the adaptor on the side of the mac, then automatly the mac is the "master and the drone is the "slave". and then you have to use a cable USB-A to USC-C and put the usb-c side in the drone. that works. Clearly it is a fault from DJI. There soulution? USE A CARD READER!! this is a big scandal, and a blamage for DJI!!in short, if you have an older USB port on your PC, the port is automaticly the "master" and the attatced device is the slave. with USB-C ports the device must be setted as slave. DJI did not do that, so the mac USB-C port (or other pc) having a conflict with the USB-C port of the drone. USB-A (older squere ones) don't have that problem.
drones form another label (not-DJI) also don't have tat problem. This make you think...
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_GFNmvFyDMLLa
New
Flight distance : 22746 ft
Belgium

All the USB-C to USB-C cables didn't work, nor did giving the app more permission work. But when I used the USB-A to USB-C cable (the one for charging the controller), I could see my drone in the app
2020-12-7
Use props
MiloMcDonald
lvl.1

United States

fans7c143a27 Posted at 2020-5-13 18:25

I am assuming you figured this out because I thought the same thing.  As it turns out,  they pack the USB cables in the zipped pouch, on the inside lid of the drone carrying case.  This is a terrible location for the cables, and no literature tells you where to find the cables.  Super frustrating but the cables should be there.

2021-2-12
Use props
CopPro
New

Vietnam

Hey bro! Turn off Security Password, conect ok!
2021-3-6
Use props
HeX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77018 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7c143a27 Posted at 2020-5-13 18:25

All my DJI products hooked up just fine. Did you get the problem resolved?
2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_ObaK08aXMWPR
New

United States

I found the answer, it was the USB C cable I was using. I found a post in this forum regarding the problem. USB C cables are not all the same. Controller charger cable works.
2023-3-27
Use props
Kalaharigreen
lvl.1

Netherlands

BobWinNV Posted at 2020-5-13 21:26
USB C to USB C cables come in power only cables and data/power cables.  I was able to use the cable that came with my iPad Pro (USB C).  It worked fine connecting the MA2 to my MacBook Pro.

Genius. I had just assumed my Mac wasn’t compatible with the M3 E.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules